Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

IF hooligan signs, what comes first? the chicken or the egg

if wesley signs on the dotted line on monday like rumoured, personally it will be terrific business as he is a very good player in this division and at 250k we would certaintly not lose money on the bloke, but if he''s there to set up the goals, who an earth is gonna score them?? apparently man city knocked back our £1.5mill bid for evans,

for £1.5mill, an good striker and centre defender, or a very good striker?

[quote user="The Lord"]

for £1.5mill, an good striker and centre defender, or a very good striker?

[/quote]

again depending on how much money Roeder has been given.

if i was him i would spend 1.5mil on a striker and central defender and with money left over i would use to strengthen the rest of the squad

[quote user="colneycanary"]Sibieski!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope![/quote]

yes, i would welcome Sibieski.

if the rumours are true, how much do you think we would sign him for?

At a guess i would say around 1 million, maybe just under. Even though he is 33, i still think he''d be one of the best and most talented players in this league.

since the success of dublin, people have become much more willing to take on the ''experienced'' player...for me there is no doubt that sibierski would be a very very good player in this division alongside a halve-decent pacy striker (say earnshaw for example [:P]) it just depends how much money he wants a week...

and for those people unsure, like myself, what exactly hooligans attributes are, here''s a great article about his talent, incidentally pace is not one of them...

http://www.clubfanzine.com/norwich_city/showNews.php?id=11126

I would rather a very good striker for 1.5 million hopefully roeders links with sibierski will bring him here as he would be excellent at this level

[quote user="bass is best"]

[/quote]

And this a striker who is 33, but Hucks was deemed not part of our long term future at 32?

[:@]

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

And this a striker who is 33, but Hucks was deemed not part of our long term future at 32?

[/quote]

But does Sibierski have a dodgy hip that has prevented him playing to his full potential for over a year?

....more because Hucks was becoming more prone to injury than just his age - he has a ''chronic'' hip problem, doesn''t he? - hardly surprising given the battering he''s had, but also hardly surprising that we didn''t really think it worthwhile gambling on another contract.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="bass is best"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

...and not a very prolific goalscorer at that.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[/quote]

But does Sibierski have a dodgy hip that has prevented him playing to his full potential for over a year?

[/quote]

Last season he had 10 Premiership starts, 20 more as sub and scored just four goals. Not that impressive really! 

[quote user="GazzaTCC"]

Last season he had 10 Premiership starts, 20 more as sub and scored just four goals. Not that impressive really! [/quote]

I have never claimed he is an out and out goal getter (see http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1246401/ShowPost.aspx if you dont believe me!).  Fact is though that I see him as a decent physical presence who could do a job at this level alongside a quicker, more light weight goal scoring partner.  If the price and wages were right we could do a lot worse than end up with a guy with a hell of a lot of top flight experience.

My point in answering your post about Huckerby was more to point out that age may well not have been the only or indeed the deciding factor in releasing him.  I was sad to see him go, but that''s life.  I would rather remember the great Huckerby than a injury plagued shadow of his former self trading on past glories - he was too good a player to let that happen to in my book.

Totally agree with you P''boro on both counts - someone Sibierski-like (am not too bothered who it is, to an extent) is needed to plug the gap left by DD.  Goals scored doesn''t really tell the full story for someone like Sibierski, tho, as he often also plays m/f. 

Also agree re: Hucks - fantastic player but you have to think his best days were behind him, imo he was a shadow of his former self last year, even in his final burst of matches.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Last season he had 10 Premiership starts, 20 more as sub and scored just four goals. Not that impressive really! 

[/quote]

exactly. sibierski is not that good. would be to much and want to high wage for his ability.

I think we could get him on a free as he didn''t cost Wigan anything plus i should thing he is on big wage which Bruce will wan''t to free up for other signings!!!!.

I''ll happily agree that Hucks didn''t have his best season for us, although the last few games he was certainly coming back to his best. Ok, so the cynics will say that he was playing for a new contract, and that''s probably partly true, but you know what you get with Hucks and I thought he was worth another season.

I also agree that we need a Dion replacement, I just happen tho think that Sibieski isn''t the answer. I know it''s about more than scoring goals, but, and it''s a big BUT, to get out of this division you need a couple of strikers capable of getting 15 to 20 goals a season and I can''t just see that with Sibieski.

[quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="bass is best"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

yawn[S]

[quote user="ipswichrscum"][quote user="GazzaTCC"][quote user="Pboro_Canary"][quote user="GazzaTCC"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

exactly. sibierski is not that good. would be to much and want to high wage for his ability.

[/quote]

oh shut up. go back to the advertiser [:D][:P] na seriously though he would be a great signing. he didnt get given a chance last season hence the 4 goals. the subs appearences were like 5 minutes at the end of a game!!!!