Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Burnly in talks with Scunny's Pattison.

We don''t really know whether we are even interested in him, having said that if we are and we can''t compete with what Burnley can offer we might as well give up now to avoid further embarrassment.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Source: Sky Sports News lunchtime bulletin.

Another linked player bites the dust!.[:''(]

[/quote]Not really a big deal though is it?  I mean he helped Scunny get relegated so he cant be any good.

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Not really a big deal though is it?  I mean he helped Scunny get relegated so he cant be any good.
[/quote]

Beat me to it.

I''m sure several people on here have said they wouldn''t want Patterson (including you Wiz)... So moan if we got him, moan if we ''miss out'' on him. And so Derby have bought 5 players, so that''s one other with Patterson, mayb another 1 or 2 as well.... All in all maybe about 10 players have been transfered that we haven''t got - I''m sure there are plenty of good players available still, 10 isn''t that many.

I know previous summers we haven''t done anything to late but the season has only just ended - or still hasn''t depending what league/competitions teams are in.  But this is the first one with GR so we don''t know.

I do moan more than some but I just won''t moan merely for moanings sake.

[quote user="Canary Nut"]I hope we are BIG enough to compete with the likes of Burnley![/quote]

to put it in a nutshell no [:D]

[quote user="Duffman"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Not really a big deal though is it?  I mean he helped Scunny get relegated so he cant be any good.
[/quote]

Right so using this logic, that would make a player like Dean Ashton a poor signing for the premiership, just because he was relegated from the Premiership with us.

Right so using this logic, that would make a player like Dean Ashton a poor signing for the premiership, just because he was relegated from the Premiership with us.

That''s just what i was going to say!!!  i bet West Ham fans are gutted they signed Greenie from a relegated club!!  He got their fans Player of The Season Award last week!!Can''t believe he wouldn''t get up with the soccerette on Soccer AM though!!!

Re Last two posts - A couple of posters a few weeks back implied that Jack Cork would be a bad signing as he was the ''Jack Cork who helped Scunthorpe get relegated''

Im assuming Duffman was sarcastically referring to that, as was I.

[quote user="ncfcfaithful"]

That''s just what i was going to say!!!  i bet West Ham fans are gutted they signed Greenie from a relegated club!!  He got their fans Player of The Season Award last week!!

Can''t believe he wouldn''t get up with the soccerette on Soccer AM though!!!
[/quote]

I was about to post the exact same thing about Dean Ashton. Just because a player gets relegated with a club, doesn''t mean he''s not a decent player. One man doesn''t make a team you know?

As for you we8wba, in a nutshell...

For those who struggle to understand the concept:

Sarcasm - A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a cutting jest

[:|]

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

For those who struggle to understand the concept:

Sarcasm - A keen, reproachful expression; a satirical remark uttered with some degree of scorn or contempt; a taunt; a gibe; a cutting jest

[:|]

[/quote]

Sorry mate, not privy to every conversation on this board, due to having a life off of it.

Please accept my almost sincere apology.

I would just like to clear up my post as I understand not everyone saw the post about Jack Cork.  I was referring directly to 1st Wizard as he claims signing players that help their team get relegated is not a good move.   Couldn''t find a smiley for sarcastic.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Burnley can have talks with Norwich''s Pattison too if they want....

jas :)

[/quote]They''ll have to send a taxi to pick him up though.