Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Why does Delia Smith......

.............who was born in Surrey and lives in Suffolk - and has a man from Bristol in charge - impose such Norwich and Norfolk bound conditions on new investors?

Seems illogical to me.

But then .................

OTBC

Strange post.

1. ".............who was born in Surrey and lives in Suffolk " - But is still a massive Norwich fan. That is what Delia is looking for, not locality.
  2. "impose such Norwich and Norfolk bound conditions on new investors?" - Proof? As already said, all Delia has said is that new investors must have the club''s best interests at heart.
  3. "Seems illogical to me." Because it''s an illogical argument you seem to have constructed from nothing.
  4. "But then ................." ... what?

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMan"]

Strange post.

1. ".............who was born in Surrey and lives in Suffolk " - But is still a massive Norwich fan. That is what Delia is looking for, not locality.

2. "impose such Norwich and Norfolk bound conditions on new investors?" - Proof? As already said, all Delia has said is that new investors must have the club''s best interests at heart.

3. "Seems illogical to me." Because it''s an illogical argument you seem to have constructed from nothing.

4. "But then ................." ... what?

[/quote]

And what are her criteria for judging whether or not a potential investor has the club''s - sorry, her club''s - best interests at heart?

Answer me that.

OTBC

The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football....Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad.

[quote user="bunny"]

The only way we would relinquish our shares is if somebody is going to put money into the football....Only if they put money into the squad - not if they buy our shares, we don''t want money. It has to be that there is money for the squad, serious money for the squad.

[/quote]

So long as he''s not a Johnny Foreigner or from Suffolk?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]pretty much.just as long as they want to pump money into the clubnot a difficult concept to get to grips with...

[quote user="buddhaboy"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]pretty much.just as long as they want to pump money into the clubnot a difficult concept to get to grips with...[/quote]Give him a couple more years - he is as absorbant (sp?) as tracing paper...

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

.............who was born in Surrey and lives in Suffolk - and has a man from Bristol in charge - impose such Norwich and Norfolk bound conditions on new investors?

Seems illogical to me.

OTBC

[/quote]People are allowed to move wherever thay like in this country. They have been living in East Anglia since the early 70''s and never moved abroad for tax reasons or any of that nonsense.I only moved to East Anglia in ''92 but I supported Norwich when I was at primary school in 1976.......in Scotland. That is illogical but honest - I chose UEA as my university so that I could finally go to games :0 :-).We have all taken many different paths to reach here in whatever capacity.

Seems illogical to me.

OTBC

[/quote] 

Yes Bly we have one of our best ever Norwich City fans in we8 that we have ever had . I do admire the way he has scrimped and saved to have his opportunity at taking  the big house''s apart in  Las Vegas , we both know he is a winner .[;)] arrdee.

Seems illogical to me.

OTBC

Well said and very relevent!

As much as I respect Delia Smith for investing in our club, she only became a Norwich fan after meeting with future husband Michael Wynn Jones. Remember 1978 when she dressed up in Ipswich gear when they won the FA cup?

- Now a real NCFC fan wouldn''t of done that!

This is not an anti Delia post cause I think that she has been good for our club but all this stuff about making sure any future investors were locals and genuine fans is cods wallop from the girl who dressed up in blue!

[/quote]

IMO, I don''t think she would turn ''anybody'' down just because they haven''t Norfolk on their birth certificate.  I think she uses this argument to illustrate to fans she wouldn''t sell up to any clown who turns up with a check book.  If they have the best interests of the club at heart it shouldn''t matter if they are a ''Johnny foreighner''. 

[quote user="me"]IMO, I don''t think she would turn ''anybody'' down just because they haven''t Norfolk on their birth certificate.  I think she uses this argument to illustrate to fans she wouldn''t sell up to any clown who turns up with a check book.  If they have the best interests of the club at heart it shouldn''t matter if they are a ''Johnny foreighner''. 

[/quote]

Yes I think that is a big part of her reasoning as well!

[quote user="bunny"]

[/quote]

lol... where has the Turners money gone then???

Please, please, please answer me that one.... [:D]

[quote user="scott"]

[quote user="me"]IMO, I don''t think she would turn ''anybody'' down just because they haven''t Norfolk on their birth certificate.  I think she uses this argument to illustrate to fans she wouldn''t sell up to any clown who turns up with a check book.  If they have the best interests of the club at heart it shouldn''t matter if they are a ''Johnny foreighner''. 

[/quote]

Yes I think that is a big part of her reasoning as well!

[/quote]

Yep... and a good 85% to 90% of people in Norfolk are as actually as thick as the rest of the country beleives we all are and can''t see it....

You know what they say... there is never smoke without fire is there??? [:D]

a good 85% to 90% of people in Norfolk are as actually as thick as the rest of the country beleives we all are

85% to 90% of people in Norfolk can spell ''believes''. [:D]

[quote user="Steve Burns"]

a good 85% to 90% of people in Norfolk are as actually as thick as the rest of the country beleives we all are

[/quote]

Yes Smudger...i before e except after c.

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="Steve Burns"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you a sheila, a sheikh or a reindeer? Or maybe just a weiner or a dead weight?

[:)]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you a sheila, a sheikh or a reindeer? Or maybe just a weiner or a dead weight?

[:P]

OTBC

Seems illogical to me.

OTBC

What evidence to you have to back up your statement?

[/quote]

[quote user="kevin brighton"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Seems illogical to me.

OTBC

What evidence to you have to back up your statement?

[/quote][/quote]

They are public figures. Just ''google'' them and do 5 mins research. Easy.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

....or another way of looking at it, think before ink or you Smudge.