Sign in to follow this  
DOGGER

Who have you lived near?

I had the misfortune to live next door to the digs where the three Quinn brothers were staying when they all played for Sheffield United.  I was washing the car one day proudly wearing my Norwich shirt, when they all started taking the piss out of me under the mis-apprehension that I might be jealous of them for playing for United.  Now if only I had known that one of them would play for the Binners that would surely have shut them up!

In the 70''s I also lived around the corner from Emerson Fittipaldi (old Formula 1 driver who used to dirve for Lotus!).  Even less to write home about I guess.

I nearly bought Mike Walker''s barn conversion off him in Yelverton last year. While I was dithering around sweating about the cost, someone else jumped in with the asking price. Mike Walker had rented it out for the last 6-7 years while he was in Cyprus, and it was a bit run down inside.

Often drive past Gunny in his Beetle on a country lane close to his home near the Gull on the A146. Always gives me a wave, top bloke.

Used to see Andy Hughes on the edge of Fram Earl occasionally and Earnalot was also close by during his Norwich days.

Flecks is in Rectory Rd, Poringland (alledgedly).

The worst bit...my Mrs has been doing some courses at Yarmouth college, and she swears Dale Gordon was trying to chat her up![8o|]

[quote user="Big Dave"]

I nearly bought Mike Walker''s barn conversion off him in Yelverton last year. While I was dithering around sweating about the cost, someone else jumped in with the asking price. Mike Walker had rented it out for the last 6-7 years while he was in Cyprus, and it was a bit run down inside.

Often drive past Gunny in his Beetle on a country lane close to his home near the Gull on the A146. Always gives me a wave, top bloke.

Used to see Andy Hughes on the edge of Fram Earl occasionally and Earnalot was also close by during his Norwich days.

Flecks is in Rectory Rd, Poringland (alledgedly).

The worst bit...my Mrs has been doing some courses at Yarmouth college, and she swears Dale Gordon was trying to chat her up![8o|]

[/quote]

I always imagined Disco Dale to be a ladys man!

jas :)

Dion Dublin has a place on the beach at Sheringham.  While visiting at my parents in the next building, my boys were seen outside wearing their team scarves and wool hats.  He had seen them, and sent over a couple of autographed pictures via a neighbor, but not until after we were back home.  Still, my boys were thrilled to get the stuff, as they had had seen him score in their first trip to CR, the 1-0 win over QPR at the end of 2006.

The quarterback for the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League lived around the corner from us.  he seemed nice enough, but his kids were a-holes.  I knew them from kindergarten to the end of high school and nothing changed. 

[quote user="Houston Canary"]

Dion Dublin has a place on the beach at Sheringham.  [/quote]They call that a ''beach hut HC. What do you call them in Houston ?  [:)]

Used to go to a football class with Peter Mendam...Ever such a nice guy could never imagine him even laying a finger on someone but obviously i was wrong.

Andy Johnson(not bald one) now at Barnsley used to live in dussindale

John Polston also lived in dussindale and is doing alright for himself as a personal trainer in Reading

Met Linvoy Primus (portsmouth) when i was on holiday in malaga, norwich were interested in signing him a few years ago becuase my mum got a call from linvoys wife asking about schools in norfolk

One of my dads good mates, brother is Paul Clayton and he has a 14 year old (max clayton) who has been linked with a 1 million pound move to liverpool

I used to live near Paul Crichton in Horsford and then moved to a house near Chris Brown. Crights'' son used to go to my school and i sometimes used to have a kick about with Crights.

i live very close to delia , and recently got called out there when they lost power to the freezers

i belive i used to live near Paul McVeigh at one time, but im not sure, and i cant remeber what area, so not much help,but my grandad used to work for a removal compant, and he moved many a canrary, i dont know them all, but i remeber justin fashnue (there are alot more)

I live in Barry Fry''s old house and still frequently get his mail. My elderly neighbours often tell me stories of how George Best used to spend much time here drinking and playing cards.

Used to live near Clint Easton in Wymondham but any stories of sightings of him are about as insignificant as his part in the team was lol.

When I used to live in Gorleston me and a mate would always be having a kick about down our road and Jeremy Goss would often walk past. We often thought it would be funny to set him up for a Bayern Munich style volley into my mates garage door (the goal!) although we never plucked up the courage, we were only kids!