Sign in to follow this  

I''m confused. In the ''all will be revealed'' article on the home page, Chris Lakey says:

''Ched Evans, Ryan Bertrand, Alex Pearce and Mo Camara could all feature at Hillsborough, while Kieran Gibbs, who returned to Arsenal on Monday, will travel with the Canaries''

Why is Gibbs travelling with us when he has already gone back to Arsenal?

Am I missing something?

Cheers.

AiY

Thanks Salahuddin.

I haven''t seen enough of Gibbs to pass jugement on if I think he should sign, however, the fact he wanted to come back and travel with the squad is very reassuring. This is both regarding him, in that he is a young prospect at Arsenal, yet is seemingly not a big time Chralie, and also a good sign that the club is attractive to players and a good place to be... Maybe a sign that Roeder also has them signing from the same hymn sheet.

(OT)

Also, Salahuddin. What does it say on your Avatar. I can read arabic, but I can''t quite figure it out. I looks like Alif, noon, something, noon. What does it mean?

Cheers.

AiY

It says: There is no God but Allah and Muhammad (PBUH) is his messenger.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

I do hope Gibbs isnt signing as he has been poor.

[/quote]

Gibbs needs to get stronger. Don''t forget he''s only 18 and didn''t have the experience of playing for lower league teams before joining us on loan, e.g. Bertrand, Pearce.

[quote user="bunny"]Presuming he beefs up a bit would anyone like to see him back on loan next season?[/quote]Yes, I think in his first game against Hull he got a bit of a shock and looked lightweight and lacking quality, but against WBA and QPR he looked better and brighter in each game and deserved his decent send-off.  Perhaps as long as we only play teams who are known by Acronyms, he will be the new Pelé.

[quote user="bunny"]Presuming he beefs up a bit would anyone like to see him back on loan next season?[/quote]

Yeah why not, the last "kid" we had from Arsenal hardly impressed and now he is being hailed as the new Beckham, though to be fair injury certainly contributed to his indifferent season.

I saw Gibbs in Chapelfield today so doubt he has actually ever left Norwich. The lad is only 18 and obviously has great talent. He probably does need to strenghten up a bit, and Roeder said so himself.  If he was to come back on loan next season I think he could be a really useful player for us. At least he can hit a corner pretty well.

[quote user="Jonny 5"]I saw Gibbs in Chapelfield today so doubt he has actually ever left Norwich.

The lad is only 18 and obviously has great talent. He probably does need to strenghten up a bit, and Roeder said so himself.  If he was to come back on loan next season I think he could be a really useful player for us. At least he can hit a corner pretty well.
[/quote]

I thought Roeder said that he was travelling up to Sheffield with the rest of the squad this morning?

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="bunny"]Presuming he beefs up a bit would anyone like to see him back on loan next season?[/quote]Yes, I think in his first game against Hull he got a bit of a shock and looked lightweight and lacking quality, but against WBA and QPR he looked better and brighter in each game and deserved his decent send-off.  Perhaps as long as we only play teams who are known by Acronyms, he will be the new Pelé.[/quote]its fair to say by the time he played in the west brom and qpr games he was match fit - and so gave a better account.  against hull he was a good yard+ off the pace however, imo - although having potential to push on - he needs another season of playing regulary to be of the required standard necessary to be part of a serious promotion challenging side.    i''d welcome the boy back in 2009!!!

Sooooooooo Kieran Gibbs, who according to some keyboard experts didn''t "give two shiny $hits about whether we got relegated or not", "wasn''t trying as hard as our permanent signings" and was generally a spoiled little Premiership brat, has taken the time out to travel to Sheffield to support that same team he doesn''t care about. Something doesn''t add up here does it?I wouldn''t mind seeing him again next season, he''s clearly got talent and hopefully The Championship won''t be such a culture shock to him next year.

We don''t have a prayer of getting him on a permenant, unless he hasn''t impressed Wenger while on loan here. A loan or unlikely permenant wouldn''t be bad though, he will only get better!

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Sooooooooo Kieran Gibbs, who according to some keyboard experts didn''t "give two shiny $hits about whether we got relegated or not", "wasn''t trying as hard as our permanent signings" and was generally a spoiled little Premiership brat, has taken the time out to travel to Sheffield to support that same team he doesn''t care about. Something doesn''t add up here does it?

I wouldn''t mind seeing him again next season, he''s clearly got talent and hopefully The Championship won''t be such a culture shock to him next year.
[/quote]

I don''t remember anyone saying he was a spoiled brat but don''t let the facts get in the way of a good story!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Sooooooooo Kieran Gibbs, who according to some keyboard experts didn''t "give two shiny $hits about whether we got relegated or not", "wasn''t trying as hard as our permanent signings" and was generally a spoiled little Premiership brat, has taken the time out to travel to Sheffield to support that same team he doesn''t care about. Something doesn''t add up here does it?I wouldn''t mind seeing him again next season, he''s clearly got talent and hopefully The Championship won''t be such a culture shock to him next year.[/quote]

I don''t remember anyone saying he was a spoiled brat but don''t let the facts get in the way of a good story!

[/quote]OK so I''m paraphrasing slightly but the general gist of comments after his first couple of games were that he didn''t care about NCFC and couldn''t give a toss whether we got relegated or not. I seem to recall you saying that he wasn''t trying as hard a some of the others because he didn''t care whether we got relegated. His actions in going to support the lads tomorrow suggest to me that he has some sort of emotional attachment to us and/or his former teammates and that is certainly at odds with what you (and others) were suggesting a couple of months ago. Don''t you think you might owe him an apology [:^)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Sooooooooo Kieran Gibbs, who according to some keyboard experts didn''t "give two shiny $hits about whether we got relegated or not", "wasn''t trying as hard as our permanent signings" and was generally a spoiled little Premiership brat, has taken the time out to travel to Sheffield to support that same team he doesn''t care about. Something doesn''t add up here does it?

I wouldn''t mind seeing him again next season, he''s clearly got talent and hopefully The Championship won''t be such a culture shock to him next year.
[/quote]

[/quote]

OK so I''m paraphrasing slightly but the general gist of comments after his first couple of games were that he didn''t care about NCFC and couldn''t give a toss whether we got relegated or not. I seem to recall you saying that he wasn''t trying as hard a some of the others because he didn''t care whether we got relegated. His actions in going to support the lads tomorrow suggest to me that he has some sort of emotional attachment to us and/or his former teammates and that is certainly at odds with what you (and others) were suggesting a couple of months ago. Don''t you think you might owe him an apology [:^)]
[/quote]

Nope!

Jonny 5 - Gibbs do back to Arsenal after the QPR game as he scored the equaliser against Aston Villa in their reserve game. There''s an interview with him on the Arsenal Official Site.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.Well, he was enjoying the shopping in Norwich today, I guess before going with the squad to Sheffield. Seems strange that he would play for Arsenal and still be involved with the Norwich squad. It does seem to hint at the fact he will be back next season, much to the disappointment of many I''m sure.

I would love to see Gibbs back next season, probably on loan. Think given time, and a bit more physical presence he could be a terrific asset.

I to would like to see him back, think he got better the more games he played. Yes he was light weight to start with but think the boy has got talent, if that is true then we haven''t a prayer of getting him permanent! Lets hope we can get him for another season, we are going to need ALL the help we can get............

Oh BTW no one seems to have thought, perphaps he is going with the squad because he WANTS to ? No surely not that would be a good sign & we can''t have that not on a NCFC board can we ????????

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Shack Attack"]Sooooooooo Kieran Gibbs, who according to some keyboard experts didn''t "give two shiny $hits about whether we got relegated or not", "wasn''t trying as hard as our permanent signings" and was generally a spoiled little Premiership brat, has taken the time out to travel to Sheffield to support that same team he doesn''t care about. Something doesn''t add up here does it?I wouldn''t mind seeing him again next season, he''s clearly got talent and hopefully The Championship won''t be such a culture shock to him next year.[/quote]

[/quote]OK so I''m paraphrasing slightly but the general gist of comments after his first couple of games were that he didn''t care about NCFC and couldn''t give a toss whether we got relegated or not. I seem to recall you saying that he wasn''t trying as hard a some of the others because he didn''t care whether we got relegated. His actions in going to support the lads tomorrow suggest to me that he has some sort of emotional attachment to us and/or his former teammates and that is certainly at odds with what you (and others) were suggesting a couple of months ago. Don''t you think you might owe him an apology [:^)][/quote]

Nope!

[/quote]I wasn''t asking you Nazi boy.

Gibbs has bags of pace and a decent touch. He just needs another stone of muscle, and to be involved in games a bit more. Those two things should not be too much to ask, and if he can sort them out, then yes, I would like to see him return. He needs to be better than he has been this season though.

I think we will get him for half a season depending on what changes are made to the Arsenal squad during the summer. As for him going with our squad today, then yes, he asked if he could go with the lads and Arsenal gave permission.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK so I''m paraphrasing slightly but the general gist of comments after his first couple of games were that he didn''t care about NCFC and couldn''t give a toss whether we got relegated or not. I seem to recall you saying that he wasn''t trying as hard a some of the others because he didn''t care whether we got relegated. His actions in going to support the lads tomorrow suggest to me that he has some sort of emotional attachment to us and/or his former teammates and that is certainly at odds with what you (and others) were suggesting a couple of months ago. Don''t you think you might owe him an apology [:^)]
[/quote]

Nope!

Nazi Boy! HaaaaHaaaa you fool! Get over it shack and pull your head out of your backside.

[/quote]

I wasn''t asking you Nazi boy.
[/quote]