Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Glad to see the back of Hucks

Am I the only person who thinks this was the right decision!?!? In his day, yes, Hucks was a menace going forward. He has never contributed defensively though, and has probably cost us a lot of goals in his time here too. Agreed, he had a good spell here, but the people saying he is the messiah etc. and calling for Glenns head really need to wake up and get a grip. If he loved Norwich City so much he would have been prepared to take a huge wage cut, but he wasn''t. I think getting rid of him was the right decision, and back Roeder all the way on this one.

Perhaps even it will force some of the others to pick up the mantle and play more as a team. There is 11 players out there, and hopefully we can play together rather than just as individuals. People critised when Henry was sold by Arsenal in the summer, but they have been better this season, as others have been forced to take more responsibility.

Good move Glenn, keep up the good work.

You want Worthy back and glad to see Hucks gone?! I guess someone has to be in the minority!! Everyone is entitled to an opinion...yours is an odd one!

Didn''t see any mention of worthy there matty boy or am i missing one.i wouldn''t say his opinion is odd... more like reasoned, and the conceded goals is a very interesting point.

Absinth mixed with Methadone is a dangerous cocktail, but what a great post.

Whilst we are at it why not rescue Daryl Sutch from his career in car sales then we can really play as team, why concern ourselves with a talented player who can win a game all on his own when we could sit watching eleven clod hopping oafs lumbering around the pitch all the way to Division One

I agree with you ’Down with Hux and up with Sutch”

Up with Glen and do pass the bottle

The username is WeWantWorthyBack, Polar.

Without a doubt losing Huckerby is a big blow. He is a creative influence that is very capable at this level. But equally the defensive frailities he left us vulnerable to is obviously something Roeder decided outweighed the offensive capabilities he brought to the side.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]

Am I the only person who thinks this was the right decision!?!? In his day, yes, Hucks was a menace going forward. He has never contributed defensively though, and has probably cost us a lot of goals in his time here too. Agreed, he had a good spell here, but the people saying he is the messiah etc. and calling for Glenns head really need to wake up and get a grip. If he loved Norwich City so much he would have been prepared to take a huge wage cut, but he wasn''t. I think getting rid of him was the right decision, and back Roeder all the way on this one.

Perhaps even it will force some of the others to pick up the mantle and play more as a team. There is 11 players out there, and hopefully we can play together rather than just as individuals. People critised when Henry was sold by Arsenal in the summer, but they have been better this season, as others have been forced to take more responsibility.

[/quote]

I understand your post (especially the wage cut part) but to state that you are "Glad to see the back of Hucks" is quite frankly disgusting and extremely ungrateful.

[quote user="Wings"]

The username is WeWantWorthyBack, Polar.

[/quote]haha, ok i was missing something then. I''m sure theres irony there though.thanks Wings

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]

[/quote]

I understand your post (especially the wage cut part) but to state that you are "Glad to see the back of Hucks" is quite frankly disgusting and extremely ungrateful.

[/quote]

Too right!! Ungrateful little twerp!!! Enjoy watching the rest of the team try and win games next season!!

[quote user="jimmy500"]It was the right decision handled in the wrong way.  Great player for us, great memories but everything has to come to an end at some point.[/quote]

Yes agreed, but not when he is still our best player and to be shxt on too, thats the point.

With all the millions we have to spend next season, I''m sure it will be no problem to find a replacement next season.........Oh, were broke.

B******s!!!!

Are seriously suggesting that Hucks cost us more goals than Laurel & Hardy (AKA Shacks & Donkey)?

How do you know Hucks wasn''t prepared to take a pay cut, and even if he had, how do you know the club would have offered him another contract?

Without Hucks the rest of the squad is utter s**t

Sherlock says - without Hucks the rest of the squad is s**t.

Probably so but that is what Roeder is trying to sort out or is that beyond your thinking. 

Perhaps I was being slightly over the top saying i''m glad to see the back of him - I do not deny what a top player he has been (going forward) over the past few years. It is just frustrating the way it seems he is above criticism. How many times have we seen Hucks try to beat too many players, lose the ball and just stand there with his hands on his hips while we are exposed at the back. Darren Huckerby has been a good player, but he has never ever been a team player. He has never really gone back to offer cover to whomever is playing at left-back, and we have often been left vulnerable at the back, which I maintain has cost us goals in the past. Thanks Darren, for some good times, but it is time for everyone to lay off Glenn - ultimately he will be judged by these decisions - and build for the future. Hucks was never a player for the future, and it is now time to move forward towards that. Stop living in the past.

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]

[/quote]

Unfortunately no, there are a few other people on here with very poor judgement.

[quote user="Bomber"]

Probably so but that is what Roeder is trying to sort out or is that beyond your thinking. 

[/quote]

Elementary, my dear Bomber.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]

[/quote]

Unfortunately no, there are a few other people on here with very poor judgement.

[/quote]

Who apparently know better than Glenn. I guess everyone''s Footie Manager experience is a qualification in itself! We won''t know whether it was a good decision or not until we see the new squad - so can we at least give Glenn the opportunity to justify his decision!?!?

[quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"][quote user="Barclay_Boy"][quote user="WeWantWorthyBack"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who apparently know better than Glenn. I guess everyone''s Footie Manager experience is a qualification in itself! We won''t know whether it was a good decision or not until we see the new squad - so can we at least give Glenn the opportunity to justify his decision!?!?

[/quote]

Yeah, certainly - I''m absolutely certain he knows more about football than me - only time will tell I suppose. I''m just really pissed off that the whole thing has been handled so shabbily - smacks of cowardice to me.