Sign in to follow this  
Wings

The level of personal vicitimisation against Glenn Roeder is disgusting

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Hux was by no means the worst against Ipswich. Semi, Bertrand, out of position Cureton, and Roeder share that honour.

[/quote]

It was Ricky that said it was a total no show. I was there and I certainly didn''t think Hucks was the worst.

NN show me where i had a pop at Hux after Ipswich game, i said the whole bloody team never turned up, i never singled Hux out, prove me wrong, i will apologise, yes Ronaldo tracks back on corners, because you have said he can head a ball and it would be managers orders, when do you see him back tracking sticking in tackles, hardly ever. We have always had the luxury of a good winger, Eadie, Foggo, neighbour, fox never see them tackling all over the place either. A widemans job is to get as many crosses in as he can per game and make it hard for the full back to ovelap, not slinging tackles in all over the park. Over the years i would suggest Hux more than done his job, with assists and goals of his own, job more than done imo.

As for Worthy his was a part of his own downfall, had he resigned after the Fulham debacle, he would have gained lots of respect, its was obvious then he could not motivate the team anymore, but he clung on even when it was an impossible task. Dont get me wrong i liked Worthy and he did great for us, i certainly cant see Roeder doing the same but i would suggest his case is different to Hux''s.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

the league Darren plays in next season will show that Roeder was justified or not.. if Darrens in League 1 or 2 then Roeder was right... if hes in the championhip or premiership then Roeder was wrong wasnt he?

jas :)

[/quote]

Thats sorted then because haven''t Sunderland, Palace and now Stoke already shown interest in him??

[/quote]

aha.. but its who signs him that matters isnt it? we can all window shop but how many of us go into the shop and buy the item in the window?

jas :)

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Totally agree, Roeder has been a spineless coward.  Lumping Hucks send off with the likes of Jarvis, Cave-Brown, Smart and co...[/quote]

Don''t quote me and use it as an excuse to call Roeder a spineless coward. Besides, coming from a load of people intent on sitting on a message board behind fake names, calling someone a spineless coward is hypocritical to say the least.

I read your posts on the WotB under the name Phrankin, and believe me, you above all are completely hypocritical for calling anyone a spineless coward.

Maybe in years gone by, Ricky, the wingers job you described was accurate. Today, though, the modern wingers needs to have an element of every aspect of the game about him. Huckerby simply doesn''t have that.

Again, I don''t agree with Roeder. But equally the reasons why he''s released Huckerby are compelling. He doesn''t add enough to the team and his form hasn''t been good enough to really warrant another contract.

Releasing Hucks in this fashion wouldn''t have been a problem if it was, say Lee Croft. It''s just because of Huckerby''s history that this ridiculous sentimental and outright hostile emotional reaction has occured.

[quote user="Wings"]

Maybe in years gone by, Ricky, the wingers job you described was accurate. Today, though, the modern wingers needs to have an element of every aspect of the game about him. Huckerby simply doesn''t have that.

Again, I don''t agree with Roeder. But equally the reasons why he''s released Huckerby are compelling. He doesn''t add enough to the team and his form hasn''t been good enough to really warrant another contract.

Releasing Hucks in this fashion wouldn''t have been a problem if it was, say Lee Croft. It''s just because of Huckerby''s history that this ridiculous sentimental and outright hostile emotional reaction has occured.

[/quote]

Sorry dont agree, Lennon, Walcott, Downing, study them playing and how long has Hux lacked these skills in your opinion, check his goals and assists record, was he not the most fouled premiership player, you dont get tackled with your hands on hips, this is garbage backed up by Percy''s trying to defend the indefensible.

[quote user="MK Canary"]

Oh dear...

The evidence is on the football pitch. In the last ten games, Huckerby has been one of, if not our best player.

[/quote]

I''m sorry, but this says it all. 10 games?? What about the last 2 seasons? He''s shown a few flashes of his old brilliance and a lot of diddly-squat.

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

Sorry dont agree, Lennon, Walcott, Downing, study them playing and how long has Hux lacked these skills in your opinion, check his goals and assists record, was he not the most fouled premiership player, you dont get tackled with your hands on hips, this is garbage backed up by Percy''s trying to defend the indefensible.

[/quote]

Not only was he the most fouled premiership player, he also committed the most fouls. Read into that what you will, but I would say this - if you knock the ball past a player and he''s got you in his pocket, he''ll be ahead of you. Then all you can do is pull his shirt.

Bet Ronaldo, Downing, Walcott and Lennon didn''t commit that many fouls did they?!?

Once again you use the facts that suit and ignore the other facts.

Mook did Hux goals not go along way in keeping us up last season, tell me any player thats consistly shone for city this year says it all Dion got the player of the year as a sympathy vote, reality check we nearly went down pal. Hux had a bad pre season, niggling injury but showed he was getting back in the last ten games.

[quote user="Mook"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not only was he the most fouled premiership player, he also committed the most fouls. Read into that what you will, but I would say this - if you knock the ball past a player and he''s got you in his pocket, he''ll be ahead of you. Then all you can do is pull his shirt.

Bet Ronaldo, Downing, Walcott and Lennon didn''t commit that many fouls did they?!?

Once again you use the facts that suit and ignore the other facts.

[/quote]

perhaps he was putting in tackles you all say he was not doing, think on that

Blahblahblah wrote:

"Exactly Wings, I have to say that you''ve been spot on with everything you''ve said here.  The level of anger being directed at Roeder over this bank holiday period is something that people only usually reserve for flat-pack furniture.  What''s up with people ?  Have MFI made chests of drawers easier to put together ?

Regardless of how "cheated" certain fans feel about the "selfish" manager, the only thing that matters is getting results.  They don''t give points out for feelings in the Championship, although in this country I am starting to wonder how long it will be before games are awarded on the basis of a clap-o-meter.

I wouldn''t worry too much about Huckerby either, he''s got a stack-full of cash to fall back on.  When top footballers of the past finished their careers, a lot of them went into things like selling insurance door-to-door to keep a roof over their heads.

As many others have said, he was a very good player, he''s only as good as he was in short patches now, we can do better.  So let''s try"

Blahblahblah - you are the biggest apologist for the failing board on this message forum. You have to find an excuse for them in everything they do. No doubt you think they are doing a good job. Or maybe you think you are a ‘balanced and reasonable poster’. But you are nothing of the sort. Sometimes criticism is justified. And criticism of Roeder, in my opinion, in how he handled the Huckerby departure is absolutely justified. Ignoring the footballing reasons for Huckerby’s departure, the fact that a player lauded by fans wasn’t given a proper send off in the manner afforded to Iwan and Dublin was a disgrace. It’s not like Huckerby was sold mid week to anyone. Roeder knew he was out of contract, and presumably knew he wasn’t going to offere him a contract. Why didn’t he announce it before the Sheff Wed game? To not do so is in my opinion a despicable act of spite, and presents Roeder as a Machiavellian operator who quite frankly isn’t a particularly nice piece of work by the sounds of it. Roeder didn’t have to handle this matter in the manner he has. He has unnecessarily put himself under pressure for the new season now after doing an excellent job since he’s taken over. Some fans will use this as another excuse to get the knives out should things start badly. Maybe an oversight on Roeder’s part, but I don’t think so. It is a PR disaster for the club, and whilst board apologists like you and a handful of other posters try and cover the cracks up once again, the majority of us, even reasonable posters, are extremely hacked off with the manner this has been handled.

[quote user="Mook"]

[quote user="MK Canary"]Oh dear...The evidence is on the football pitch. In the last ten games, Huckerby has been one of, if not our best player.

[/quote]

I''m sorry, but this says it all. 10 games?? What about the last 2 seasons? He''s shown a few flashes of his old brilliance and a lot of diddly-squat.

[/quote]Well that''s a hell of a lot better than what the rest of the team have shown. It''s not going to be easy improving the team when we have got rid of our best and most important player without even battering an eyelid.In my opinion, some of you already think roeder is beyond critisism. I am not happy with some of the decisions he has made. He has kept us up, but that is his job. In the past he has done wonders in his first season only to self-destruct in the second causing massive failures at bascially every club he has been at. I am extremely worried at the direction of the club and the complete lack of respect us fans have been given not only by the board but by our managers. The club are blessed to have such loyal and vast support and our starting to take advantage of us, would they like to see NCFC plc play infront of 14,000 again?

In football, as a supporter you have to take the rough with the smooth, be that: results, players brought in, players sold, managers brought in and eventually managers sacked. Over the course of your support there will be decisions that you agree with, there will be ones that you disagree with.

The same Glenn Roeder that allowed Huckerby to leave is the same manager that pulled City back from the brink and kept us in the Championship. If you welcome the fact that he kept us up, which I assume all Norwich City supporters do, then to abuse and demonise him for allowing an aging player to leave seems a little odd/disrespectful. This pre-season is the first of Roeder''s Norwich career, so we are all not quite sure what to expect, but he does appear to be aware of the size of the job ahead of him. Only time will accurately dictate what state the playing side of Norwich is in come August. Of what we know at present: Roeder will be here, Huckerby won''t be. 

If Huckerby can leave with the dignity he is showing, then I reckon the detractors should try and follow suit. Huckerby was a legend, but legends come and go whilst the Club moves onwards, irrespective of whether people like that or not...  

Anderz

We are all perfectly happy Roeder kept us up, and had been doing an excellent job up until midweek prior to the Sheff Wed game, where he decided not to warn the fans about his decision regarding Huckerby. It is not in my mind, odd or disrespectful to show my anger towards the way Roeder handled the releasing of Huckerby. It showed very poorly on Roeder''s character. Yes he is perfectly within his rights to release Huckerby, and fair enough if he thinks he can no longer offer us anything. But the manner in which it was done was pretty despicable, and all criticism of it, regardless of how well Roeder achieved on the footballing managerial side of things which is a separate issue, is perfectly justified. I''m not calling for Roeder to be sacked, I just want him and the club to acknowledge that in hindsight, they got it wrong in the way the release of Huckerby was handled.

That Huckerby has taken it well speaks highly of him. A lesser man might''ve shot his mouth off. But who knows what he might really be thinking and not saying. A clever man keeps his mouth shut sometimes.

[quote user="ricky knight"]

NN show me where i had a pop at Hux after Ipswich game, i said the whole bloody team never turned up, i never singled Hux out, prove me wrong, i will apologise, yes Ronaldo tracks back on corners, because you have said he can head a ball and it would be managers orders, when do you see him back tracking sticking in tackles, hardly ever. We have always had the luxury of a good winger, Eadie, Foggo, neighbour, fox never see them tackling all over the place either. A widemans job is to get as many crosses in as he can per game and make it hard for the full back to ovelap, not slinging tackles in all over the park. Over the years i would suggest Hux more than done his job, with assists and goals of his own, job more than done imo.

As for Worthy his was a part of his own downfall, had he resigned after the Fulham debacle, he would have gained lots of respect, its was obvious then he could not motivate the team anymore, but he clung on even when it was an impossible task. Dont get me wrong i liked Worthy and he did great for us, i certainly cant see Roeder doing the same but i would suggest his case is different to Hux''s.

[/quote]

Easy Ricky.. I''m not arguing with you about Hux.. but you did say it was a total no show against Ipswich because we had a discussion about it and I asked how you could judge. You didn''t say it was a total no show apart from Hux. You also didn''t say I was happy to accept mediocrity apart from Hux you included him.

To be honest you are not in any position to judge whether Hux tracks back or not because they don''t show that on goal highlights. At the games I see Hux does track back, he''s not by any means a lazy player, he''s just not defensively minded and is part of a bigger problem we have defending throughout the team especially at set plays.

I''m disappointed to not have been given the chance to give Hucks the send off he deserves where as you have missed out on reading the report of that send off.

Are you seriously telling me that you think Worthy got the send off he deserved? I think sometimes you see my username and decide you want an argument. It''s like your Mick Mcmanus and I''m your Jackie Powell. Have a good week ''til next week [:|]

[quote user="Wings"]

I can''t believe what I''m reading on this forum; post after post of very personal attacks on Glenn Roeder.

Let''s get things in perspective. Glenn is in charge of a professional football club. I appreciate football invokes a great deal of passion and loyalty but frankly this is unbelievable. On this site, I''ve seen Glenn called cowardly and spineless. I''ve seen people call for Roeder''s head. There''s even a demonstration going on against his decision. On another site I''ve seen Glenn called all manner of four lettered names. Fair enough, disagree with Glenn''s decision - that''s your perogative. But leave personal attacks out of it, can you? Some of you are acting like children who have thrown their toys out of the pram.

[/quote]

Well said wings, its nice to see some level headedness (if thats a word) on this forum, unlike a lot of the other posters. In the end they have no experience of being a manager or even working inside a football club and can''t possibly understand know to run a football club. Bunch of armchair, I understand football because I play football manager 2008 managers! 

[quote user="ricky knight"]Sorry dont agree, Lennon, Walcott, Downing, study them playing and how long has Hux lacked these skills in your opinion, check his goals and assists record, was he not the most fouled premiership player, you dont get tackled with your hands on hips, this is garbage backed up by Percy''s trying to defend the indefensible.[/quote]

I''m not sure what you''re trying to say, Ricky. That appears to me as a lot of waffle.

Lennon, Walcott and Downing. Of those, two of them (Walcott and Lennon) don''t actually play for their respective teams all that often. Why? Because they do exactly what Huckerby does. Their game is based on pace and control because they don''t have the physical attributes to compete. That''s why they''re used more as impact subs than anything else.

Downing is different because Boro don''t have the same size of squad as Arsenal and Tottenham. He does contribute to the overall team play. I bet you''ll never see Downing stand there, hands on hips watching as the opposing player runs by him.

You can''t doubt Hucks goals and assists record. It''s top quality - and a great reason why I think we should''ve kept him. He''s still got that in him. And yes, Huckerby was the most fouled premiership player. Three years ago. Again, we should stop living in the past and acknowledge he isn''t the player he was in that season.

It''s not defending the indefensible because their quite clearly is quite a compelling argument for his release. It''s a shame you''re too stubborn and blinkered to see it.

Funy how Roeder always seems to attract the personal abuse from fans , maybe its just because he is not a very nice person and people grow to dislike him.

At last some level headed comment about Roeder who sadly does not appear to have the skill to handle either the media or supporters in an open and honest way. I think the majority of us on here are reasonable people who understand that football often is a pretty rotten business. Roeder, in my opinion, does much to promote that understanding. Yes he has a job to do and if keeping us in the Championship is the barometer he has done that job. Looking at the broader picture he has not done so well after a promising start that faded to just avoiding relegation. Add to this the issues around the personal lifes of some of the players and his response to certainly one of these issues must seriously question his ability. As for the Huckerby issue whilst I feel it was time for him to move on the way it has been handled only adds to the disquiet about Roeder. Then to ice the cake lets look at Roeder''s behaviour after the game on Sunday when met by Norwich supporters asking for his autograph pushed wildly and angrily past them whilst mouthing some rather choice words. Standing there with my 10 year old son I was less than impressed by his behaviour. Perhaps he should take a leaf out of his players book who to a man were happy to sign autographs and pose for photographs. In my opinion Roeder behaved like a spoilt brat who had lost his toys-hardly the image the club should expect its employees to promote.

NN i argue with you because you sometimes talk utter bxllxcks to win an argument, i said the WHOLE TEAM no showed i did not exclude Hux, i also made it plain i listened to it in radio at a wrestling show. So me saying the whole team no showing at one game makes me a hypocrite for wanting a legend to get a good send off, show me where i have put up an argument against his release, only saying imo he deserves another year, i have not slagged Roeder for his release merely the fact he was not allowed a fitting farewell and whether Roeder has made a rod for his own back by depriving him of it. So you tell me what is so controversial or even negative about that post, as i also added i was prepared to wait till xmas to judge. I have no grievance with you, what so ever other than the fact you will never concede, sometimes city do get it wrong.

As for Worthy i said he helped his own downfall, i liked the man as a manager and as a nice fellah, but he should have gone after Fulham bottom line, he stayed too long, but i personally will always respect the guy, he would never get stick from me.

Had GR announced before the Sheff game that Hux was to be released you''d have had 32,000 out of 36,000 jeering him. He''s not like Dion who was almost universally admired and was retiring from the game, Huckerby is just being released and a lot of other teams'' fans I meet think he is an overrated diver. What sort of a send off would that have been?

[quote user="Wings"]

It''s not defending the indefensible because their quite clearly is quite a compelling argument for his release. It''s a shame you''re too stubborn and blinkered to see it.

[/quote]There is quite a compelling argument for his signature. It''s a shame you''re too stubborn and blinkered to see it.

I probably do sometimes talk utter bxllxcks Ricky  but at least it''s my own bxllxcks, you just gush second hand bxllxcks on here or make stuff up. I still don''t see what you are arguing over on this thread. We agree that you included Hucks in your rant about the no show and fans accepting mediocrity. We agree Hucks and the fans who love to watch him deserved better than the way it ended.  We differ because I think Hucks tracks back and you don''t? Or that I believe Christano Ronaldo can defend better than Hucks and you don''t? And I think Worthy was treated disgracefully by some of the same people who have been crying about the way this has been handled and you don''t?

Surely I have said over and over for the last two days that I believe City got this wrong.

[quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]

There is quite a compelling argument for his signature. It''s a shame you''re too stubborn and blinkered to see it.
[/quote]

I''d refer you to...

[quote user="Wings"]

You can''t doubt Hucks goals and assists record. It''s top quality - and a great reason why I think we should''ve kept him.

[/quote]

Try reading my posts before actually replying to them.

[quote user="Wings"][quote user="Fellas"][quote user="Wings"]

[/quote]There is quite a compelling argument for his signature. It''s a shame you''re too stubborn and blinkered to see it.[/quote]

I''d refer you to...

[quote user="Wings"]

You can''t doubt Hucks goals and assists record. It''s top quality - and a great reason why I think we should''ve kept him.

[/quote]

Try reading my posts before actually replying to them.

[/quote]Wow, one point. There''s nearly 10 valid arguments. And to be honest, I can''t be bothered reading the tripe you post. The fact you make maybe 1 decent post in 10 ranks you with the likes of 1st wizard, congrats.

See here you go again NN pray tell me what i have made up, evidence would be nice. You implied i was a hypocrite over Hux, still tell me how, apart from admitting he had a bad game at Ipshxt like all the others. I conceded Ronado does defend at corners but i still dispute he tackles back in open play much. I did not dispute Hux tracks back, my argument is he never has and only became an issue when he lost form, i heard nobody complaining in our promotion year. I think the fans have short memories on Worthy but have stated my case on him, i personally like the guy, always will but he should gone after Fulham.

So there you have it, still like evidence of me telling porkies, DDD tried that a while back, i proved my point still waiting for him to prove his, as for second hand, all views are based on topics so many are second hand or backing others views.