Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

giant flag for dion (and hucks maybe) at wednesday

Further to another post on here about doing something for dion, and possibly hucks, to say farewell to them and wish them all the best, I have just spoken to sheffield wednesdays ground safety officer.He is happy for us to have a giant flag, perhaps with something saying thanks, we just need fire certificates and tell him what is on the flag before the game. Nice bloke too, even told me we''ve taken full allocation of tickets, so should be a good day.Yes I am aware it could be D-Day for us but surely we can''t just let dions final game pass us by.I don''t even mind producing such an item (I have a small artwork business) but would be grateful if NCISA or the supporters trust could help organise it.You can email me on creartivead@aol.com if you can help.TA!!!! ON THE BALL CITY

Good idea Matt but from my perspective any send off must include hucks as well even if we don''t know for certain he is going. Dion is a gent and a top bloke and has done wonders for us but at the end of the day he''s only played for us for less than 2 seasons. Hucks has been our best player for 5 years and single handedly won us more games than any other norwich player i can recall.

[quote user="mattscousin"]don''t mind incorporating hucks, we just don''t know if our wonderful board are keeping him or not. I agree hucks deserves a huge send off, anyone else wanna c hucks on any flag?
[/quote]

You should make it for Hucks and incorporate Dion.  Darren Huckerby has given us so much more, Dion has been quality for sure but Hucks is the main reason why we enjoyed a bit of success.

[quote user="mattscousin"]OK OK, now can someone give me ideas as to what they''d like on the flag. I''m not anti hucks, I just live in hope the board will decide hes worth another year
[/quote]

Hucks has done far, far more for our club than Dublin, sorry matts, but thats the truth of it.

Agree - simple is best. Would call Hucks Hucks though rather than Huckerby - makes him sound like a naughty schoolboy!

If it just says thank you or something then even if Hucks stays in the end its not been wasted!

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Keep it simple so they can see it and read it.  My idea

DION & HUCKERBY - THANK YOU

[/quote]I''d go with that!!  But i think the whole crowd should be singing ''one more year'' to Hucks for the whole of the QPR game!!

I''d have thought the pinkun or archant would have organised some poster for the fans to hold up before the game on saturday!

And for crying out loud, Yes DD has had a great carear, but Hucks has been an NCFC legend!

what about "oh huckerby... stay another year or three"

and the song sang at the time of sign him up, sign him up, sign him up!

or if hucks goes we go! (that would scare the board!)

Dion & hucks

city legends

One more Year ???

Ps. The bigger the better I cant make it to the game, but im quite prepared to throw a tenner in the pot just mail me your address to graham@barkingwholesale.com

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

Agree - simple is best. Would call Hucks Hucks though rather than Huckerby - makes him sound like a naughty schoolboy!

If it just says thank you or something then even if Hucks stays in the end its not been wasted!

[/quote]

Exactly - I don''t mind chipping in.

I have a St George''s flag 4.2 metres by 2.9 metres ( yes it is big ).It has NORWICH CITY F.C. printed left to right across the red cross in black.The top left white section has the Official club flag (yellow and green obviously) on it.I am quite happy for you to borrow it and put temporary stick on letters on the other three white sections. Contact me at J.TILSON@SKY.COM or ring me on 07714216616. On behalf of NCISA happy to help !

[quote user="mattscousin"]right then, I now have the evening news wanting a piece of the action with regards to this, so will have to be big now, so all donations accepted, I have a paypal account so make any donations to ccgunns@aol.com on paypal.com ta
[/quote]

Did you see the kind offer from J Tilson above, that might save you some money.

very generous offer and is much appreciated but I, and an associate, our both owners of small art businesses and have already designed a banner, just the more people wanna donate the bigger the banner can be. not holding people to ransom coz gonna do one by myself if have to.just had the evening news round so my ugly mug''ll be in paper soon!!!