Sign in to follow this  
spm2866

Its time to give Glenn some peace

We are now at the business end of the season and Norwich are extremely lucky to be sitting in a reasonably safe position. We are a bunch of grumblers due to being in the wilderness of the Championship, with previously poor management and weak players. But now its the time for us to take stock of what Glenn and his fantastic backroom staff have done for Norwich to this point and let him and his staff get on with building a great squad next season. Yes we have had it rough this season but atleast we are not in Gretna''s position! Our expectations are still high due to the likes of the Ashton''s and Earnshaws of this world but we have to remember neither of these players had any intention of becoming a Norwich great, we were just the stepping stone to greater things not that either of them have suceeded with that. The squad we have including the loanees probably have hit the highest point possible and now have run out of steam. I''m sure there are still alot of media, staff and supporters who are unhappy with where Norwich are but without Glenn and his team we would surely be sitting where Colchester are now and with less points. Yes we the fans have put our money where are mouth is and yes the board of directors must now do the same, but all this constant bickering from the fans and media must stop so Glenn and his team can prepare for next season. I''m sure Glenn is already negotiating with new players and clubs because it would be pointless to start in May, so all i am saying is...........GIVE GLENN HIS CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       If we all stick together this club has a great future! OTBC

Good thing about this forum- the opportunity to share views however bizarre. This looks as though it is written by GRs publicist or maybe just maybe he wrote it himself. Tongue in cheek I wonder with his comments on intelligence if managers fall into the same category?

To say that GR has achieved a lot is extreme to say the least. Yes we are away from the bottom but are now going in reverse gear. Are we any better off with GR-in my opinion not really as he does not inspire confidence or appear to have the ability to move things forward.

[quote user="spm2866"]We are now at the business end of the season and Norwich are extremely lucky to be sitting in a reasonably safe position. We are a bunch of grumblers due to being in the wilderness of the Championship, with previously poor management and weak players. But now its the time for us to take stock of what Glenn and his fantastic backroom staff have done for Norwich to this point and let him and his staff get on with building a great squad next season. Yes we have had it rough this season but atleast we are not in Gretna''s position! Our expectations are still high due to the likes of the Ashton''s and Earnshaws of this world but we have to remember neither of these players had any intention of becoming a Norwich great, we were just the stepping stone to greater things not that either of them have suceeded with that. The squad we have including the loanees probably have hit the highest point possible and now have run out of steam. I''m sure there are still alot of media, staff and supporters who are unhappy with where Norwich are but without Glenn and his team we would surely be sitting where Colchester are now and with less points. Yes we the fans have put our money where are mouth is and yes the board of directors must now do the same, but all this constant bickering from the fans and media must stop so Glenn and his team can prepare for next season. I''m sure Glenn is already negotiating with new players and clubs because it would be pointless to start in May, so all i am saying is...........GIVE GLENN HIS CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!       If we all stick together this club has a great future! OTBC[/quote]

Glenns done a great job, despite my initial reaction to the ppointment. Long may it continue.

Sweeney we are not in reverse its as i said i think the squad and loanees have run out of steam and also the teams who we are playing now have something more to play for when you must admit a mid-table position for Norwich this season after the Grant debacle a blessing! For me i''m happy that we will survive this miserable season and rebuild a new squad for next season. Do you remember when Mr Hamilton was at the helm, he built a very mediocre squad then finally the board shunted him out the door for Mr Worthington to come in and just save us and have to completely rebuild a new squad for the following season? What happened next..............? Watch this space!

as i said earlier in the week, we cant blame Glenn if we do go down.. the damage was done by others a long long time ago

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

as i said earlier in the week, we cant blame Glenn if we do go down.. the damage was done by others a long long time ago

[/quote]

Hmm? speak for yourself jas, since mid January, Roeder''s team selections, tactics and signings have been  bloody awful....

So when we go down, I know who''ll I''ll be blaming[:|].

i think he has to shoulder some of the blame not pulling out stops for a sriker in january, some of the loans are a bit iffy imo, changing a winning side to keep others happy, the Hux situation and some whinging creeping in. He still has my backing at this point but not quite the god people are making out him out to be imo

[quote user="ricky knight"]i think he has to shoulder some of the blame not pulling out stops for a sriker in january, some of the loans are a bit iffy imo, changing a winning side to keep others happy, the Hux situation and some whinging creeping in. He still has my backing at this point but not quite the god people are making out him out to be imo[/quote]

fully agreed,

[quote user="The Sweeney"]

Good thing about this forum- the opportunity to share views however bizarre. This looks as though it is written by GRs publicist or maybe just maybe he wrote it himself. Tongue in cheek I wonder with his comments on intelligence if managers fall into the same category?

To say that GR has achieved a lot is extreme to say the least. Yes we are away from the bottom but are now going in reverse gear. Are we any better off with GR-in my opinion not really as he does not inspire confidence or appear to have the ability to move things forward.

[/quote]Bizarre views? You said it, sir.Not better off with Roeder? Compared with what? Have you really forgotten the displays against Sheff Wed (h) and QPR (a), to name a few? Quite the worst City performances I have ever seen (and everyone seems to think Wolves (a) was even worse). We were an utter, utter shambles when Roeder took over, absolutely inept. I am not saying that GR is Bill Shankly: he still has a lot to prove. But to say we are not better off with him is preposterous. The first paragraph of Richard Balls'' article in todays EEN is spot on.

"Not better off with Roeder? Compared with what? Have you really forgotten the displays against Sheff Wed (h) and QPR (a), to name a few?"

Te 3 worst performances this year were without doubt, Coventry away, Lecester away and Plymouth away. Mr Roeder was in charge for all 3. Have to let him off plymouth as it was right at the start of his time with us.

The other two though were some of the worst football I have seen by Norwich in more years than I would care to remember

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Hmm? speak for yourself jas, since mid January, Roeder''s team selections, tactics and signings have been  bloody awful....

[/quote]

Do you actually follow the Canaries? If you did then you would have realised that the slump started mid February not January (unless you count the three wins and two draws as bad results). Your spoon really does smell of something bad......

[quote user="jbghost"]

Te 3 worst performances this year were without doubt, Coventry away, Lecester away and Plymouth away. Mr Roeder was in charge for all 3. Have to let him off plymouth as it was right at the start of his time with us.

The other two though were some of the worst football I have seen by Norwich in more years than I would care to remember

[/quote]

Trust me the match against Wolves under Grant was worse - one shot on goal in the entire match which went out for a throw in (and that was in the 81st minute)... Two red cards.  Yes I know we did against Coventry but at least we had more than one attempt - and it was worse than Leicester (which I was at as well)

Grant was a poor manager with poor man management skills but I can''t remember [given the players available] questioning his team selection, as I have since January this year

sure, glenn has done a top job here, on shirt buttons, and wafer thin squad.  quite amazing.  i''m sure we''ll all stay up - but i hope he doesn''t have to put himself in a position again whereby he is expected to perform unrealistic miracles by the board.  i feel sorry for him, the jan window loanees were quite clearly loans too far  - we''ve got too many and its upset the balance of the squad, and put us in poor form.  but what other choice did roedy have - no dosh means no players.  so, rather than accept an unrealistic budget in the summer to properly build a competetive squad here - i hope he tells the board to stuff it and walk.  he doesn''t deserve to take the rap for their inadequacies - as in ''money will be available, its down to the manage to spend it wisely'' or ''we''ll do all we can''........hardly the confirmation that meaningful financial support is coming roeders way.  i hope i''m wrong for all our sakes. 

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Do you actually follow the Canaries? If you did then you would have realised that the slump started mid February not January (unless you count the three wins and two draws as bad results). Your spoon really does smell of something bad......

[/quote]

So we didn''t sign Patty in January or the three little kiddies either bunny?.

Read my whole post next time!.