Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Trust me, if things don't improve soon...........

If bloody gibbs plays tommorow I would settle for anything better than a cricket score. Glenn the tinker man roeder has messed things up. We were on a 14 game unbeaten run but the lure of tinkering and chopping and playing players who are not good enough for too much for him. We are far from safe yet. If we keep playing like we did on saturday then who knows...

[quote user="Fellas"]If bloody gibbs plays tommorow I would settle for anything better than a cricket score. Glenn the tinker man roeder has messed things up. We were on a 14 game unbeaten run but the lure of tinkering and chopping and playing players who are not good enough for too much for him. We are far from safe yet. If we keep playing like we did on saturday then who knows...
[/quote]

Ok we will play with 8 men then! Did you forget we needed to "tinker" with th eline up because we had 3 suspended? Thought so..........

What would you have done Fellas?

Having nobody suspended didn''t stop Glenn tinkering against hull and leiscster. That''s an irrelevent point that you made their. The damage was done before the blackpool/barnsley games.

Quite frankly Wiz I don''t trust you: you change your colours more than a chameleon on caffeine tablets, and given your previous support for Roeder I was by no means surprised to see the title of this thread. Norwich are quite capable of getting the 7 points you claim is necessary in order to survive, however I would say that we need to get those points sooner rather than later, just for comfort more than anything.

City ''Til I Die!

[quote user="NCFC 4 life"]

Quite frankly Wiz I don''t trust you: you change your colours more than a chameleon on caffeine tablets, and given your previous support for Roeder I was by no means surprised to see the title of this thread. Norwich are quite capable of getting the 7 points you claim is necessary in order to survive, however I would say that we need to get those points sooner rather than later, just for comfort more than anything.

City ''Til I Die!

[/quote]

Oh you do me great wrong NCFC 4 life, I still do support Glen, but surely he''s not above criticisim is he mate?.

So Wiz do you not think we will get more than 7 points in the last 12 games!  Often you''re right, but I think this time you''re being over the top!  If the gap is too big to get to the playoffs (7 positions, 7 points), surely it''s too big to get relegated (9 positions, 9 points)...  Yes we can get relegated, but the chances are we won''t... We''re not safe, bt imo we''re all but safe!  Think how many teams would have to get more points than us in the next 12 games to go down!

[quote user="Mark Rivers..."]So Wiz do you not think we will get more than 7 points in the last 12 games!  Often you''re right, but I think this time you''re being over the top!  If the gap is too big to get to the playoffs (7 positions, 7 points), surely it''s too big to get relegated (9 positions, 9 points)...  Yes we can get relegated, but the chances are we won''t... We''re not safe, bt imo we''re all but safe!  Think how many teams would have to get more points than us in the next 12 games to go down![/quote]

I''m probably over worrying Mark, but a point at Watford would help calm me a bit, but as some teams have a game in hand over us, and a better goal difference, I''ll still keep one eye on the bottom 3 results.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Wiz you still haven''t answered my question how many more points do you think we need to be sake?[/quote]

Sorry Hardhouse, I think 53 points would mean safety, we''re on 45 as I write, so 8 more I guess, maybe 6 would do..............but 8 for max safety, yes?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Wiz you still haven''t answered my question how many more points do you think we need to be sake?[/quote]

Sorry Hardhouse, I think 53 points would mean safety, we''re on 45 as I write, so 8 more I guess, maybe 6 would do..............but 8 for max safety, yes?

[/quote]

53 is high, I think 6 point would be certain to be enough. 2 wins. Colchester at home and? Burnley, QPR maybe even Stoke. I agree that we are not home and dry but we have enough in the tanks to pick 6 points. Truth is we may not need any more than we have but I''ll be a happy man when the next 3 are in the bag. Try and keep positive Wiz you''ll only give yourself indigestion worrying about relegation. Especially when we have done so well and are so close to safety.

I fear even 7 points won''t be enough!   What if we go into administration (because of, let''s say, overstraining the club budget on the loan market) and the Football League deducts 10 points????????  Then we''ll need 17 points to avoid the drop!!!! Don''t tell me it cannot happen!! Where will those points come from????  [:)][:@][:''(]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I fear even 7 points won''t be enough!   What if we go into administration (because of, let''s say, overstraining the club budget on the loan market) and the Football League deducts 10 points????????  Then we''ll need 17 points to avoid the drop!!!! Don''t tell me it cannot happen!! Where will those points come from????  [:)][:@][:''(][/quote]

Oh joy! something new for me to worry about now, thanks a bunch BC.[:S]

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]I fear even 7 points won''t be enough!   What if we go into administration (because of, let''s say, overstraining the club budget on the loan market) and the Football League deducts 10 points????????  Then we''ll need 17 points to avoid the drop!!!! Don''t tell me it cannot happen!! Where will those points come from????  [:)][:@][:''(][/quote]

Looking on the bright side then, sheesh, lighten up [;)]

Oh joy! something new for me to worry about now, thanks a bunch BC.[:S]

[/quote]

Meant no harm... I''m just trying to make you look like an optimist....[:)]

This team is indeed quite unpredictable, but as yesteday''s game shows they seem to be able to can grind out a result if they really need it...

Where do you see us going into administration ?????  You dont need to wind up wiz anymore than he is. Sheeeesh I really do worry about you lot, its as if you need to worry about SOMETHING. We are not going into administration, we will get a min of 7 points and we will be ok for next season, so all you dome mungers need to relax. OK just took me valum so i`m ok now. :)

I''m probably over worrying Mark, but a point at Watford would help calm me a bit, but as some teams have a game in hand over us, and a better goal difference, I''ll still keep one eye on the bottom 3 results.

[/quote]

You got your point at Watford.

Are you going to stop trolling?

[quote user="Tickers"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

of course he bloody isnt

[quote user="Tickers"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I don''t do trolling newbie!.  [:|]

[/quote]

I''m afraid I''m not a newbie, I''m a lurker. I started lurking here a long time before I eventually signed up in 2006.

[quote user="Wikipedia"]

a lurker is a person who reads discussions on a message board, newsgroup, chatroom, file sharing or other interactive system, but rarely participates.

[/quote]

And you are a concern troll.

[quote user="Wikipedia"]

The concern troll posts in web forums devoted to its declared point of view and attempts to sway the group''s actions or opinions while claiming to share their goals, but with professed "concerns"

[/quote]

The title of your thread is ''if things don''t improve soon'' - which makes the impression that Norwich are somehow mired in their worst run of form this season and are in imminent threat of relegation. The analysis is nothing short of sensationalism which we can show with a little bit of math and some history.

Peter Grant''s form for this season was 0.6 points per game. Even at his dismal run of picking up points we would still finish the season with 52 points based on where we are now.

The last time a team went down with 52 points was 95/96 and that was on goal difference, it''s also the highest number since the inception of the Premier League in 1992/3.

So for us to achieve relegation we have to perform at the level of (or worse) than during Peter Grants run this season and for the league to have an unusually high relegation threshold. I don''t think anybody feels that we are in danger of returning to the ''Peter Grant School of Total and Utter Capitulation on the Football Field'', but that is what you require for us to go down.

In summary - you''ve posted sensationalist concerns about the club that would require some pretty surprising feats to come to pass. So I think you are concern trolling.

Cheers,

Tickers the Lurker

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Tickers"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, hark at Mr. Postcount......

[quote user="bunny"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="Tickers"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, hark at Mr. Postcount......

[/quote]

So, me enjoying this website a lot is a crime now is it Mr Low-Postcount?

I''ve been on here some 5 years now, I don''t lurk like some, and I enjoy the banter here............so of course my post count is high!..............but not as high as some on here.................so have a pop at them too.

No?

Thought so!.[:|]

5 points off. 1 win in 7. We lost 4-0 to the team who''s in the relegation zone. It doesn''t look good.

[quote user="Scooby"]

Moan, moan, mopan, whinge, whinge, doom, gloom, moan, moan ...................................

That Monday morning feeling is always increased in the knowledge that you, as always, will put a moaning, whingeing thread on here!

You''re a real bundle of Joy Wiz, a proper little ray of sunshine. And why oh why would anyone "trust you" or your pessimistic opinion?

Go away !!!!!

[/quote]

erm ... well he does happen to be right... much more chance of getting relegated than promoted!

its everybody else that is the problem always thinking we will reach the playoffs. face it. this year, it is not going to happen!

[quote user="Scooby"]

Moan, moan, mopan, whinge, whinge, doom, gloom, moan, moan ...................................

That Monday morning feeling is always increased in the knowledge that you, as always, will put a moaning, whingeing thread on here!

You''re a real bundle of Joy Wiz, a proper little ray of sunshine. And why oh why would anyone "trust you" or your pessimistic opinion?

Go away !!!!!

[/quote]

erm ... well he does happen to be right... much more chance of getting relegated than promoted!

its everybody else that is the problem always thinking we will reach the playoffs. face it. this year, it is not going to happen!

I warned we could lose the next four....it was four games ago and we scraped a draw at Watford.

I also asked if Barsley at home was a watershed.

There is no pleasure in being vindicated, Wiz. I am now worried we are in freefall.