Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Safri/Etuhu or Fozzy/Russell

Just wondering what everyones opinion is, which is the prefered midfield duo?

would you prefer to have this seasons partnership or the one from last year?

this seasons

safri was ok, but inconsistant and etuhu, well dont get me started on that talentless oaf. most overrated player EVER!

[quote user="Polar1990"]

Just wondering what everyones opinion is, which is the prefered midfield duo?

would you prefer to have this seasons partnership or the one from last year?

[/quote]This seasons performances tell their own story.   Fozzy and Russell everytime.   We are finally creating chances which is something Etuhu and Safri rarely did for us, if only we could now convert them.

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]

Safri and Fotheringham...

Anyone know how Safri is getting on at Southampton? Is he off in the AC?

[/quote]

Yes, he is away at the AC so not back in time for the Norwich match although he would have been too tired anyway.

[quote user="One Flew Over..."]

Safri and Fotheringham...

Anyone know how Safri is getting on at Southampton? Is he off in the AC?

[/quote]captain of morroco according to lonnie lynn.i know some southampton fans, they''re not over the moon about him. he''s done ok but not set the world alight. same old saf really.

A no brainer this one. Fozzy & Russell ( regardless of ability - always put 100 % to the Norwich cause ). Etuhu ( overated, inconsistent, played when it suited him ). Safri ( well we don''t lose Fozzy & Russell to the Africa cup of nations ! )

I think all 4 players have good qualities.

Fozzy is a real battler and he tries to move the ball well. Got some nice touches and good awareness and probably the midfielder in our squad most likely to play a telling pass.

Rusty is also a battler, as we saw agains Leicester the guy will chuck himself into anything for Norwich. Sometimes lacks a bit of finesse and lacks a little bit of pace to get away from people, as does Fozzy, but never hides and never stops working.

Etuhu has obviously got a very athletic build and has the ability/potential to be an excellent box to box midfielder. When he wants to he can be immense in this league. Can score a goal or two as well. Horribly inconsistent though.

As for Safri his ability to pick a pass hasn''t been replaced, in my opinion. Maybe isn''t everyones cup of tea because he doesn''t have a great motor but to be fair to him he wasn''t scared of putting his foot into his tackle and he the class to produce a quality ball.

If I was an attacking player and I had to pick 1 of those 4 to play me in with a ball it''d be Safri who I would trust most to get it right. But then he''s the least likely to put in the hard yards.

[quote user="sam"]

russell and etuhu

don''t rate fotheringham or safri

[/quote]fozzy is half the reason for our form, but what the heck, Safri seems to have dont well fro Moroco todayi would have Fozzy and Russell

[quote user="sam"]

russell and etuhu

don''t rate fotheringham or safri

[/quote]Sam, i take it you werent at the Leicester game saturday? or Barnsley away? or Blackpool away? or Palace away? or the Coventry, Plymouth and Sheff Utd home games???Im interested to know why you dont rate Fotheringham? Glenn Roeder seems to, as did the few thousand away fans at Barnsley the other week, and the 25,000 chanting his name on saturday against Leicester.Are you saying that your opinion is correct and 25,000 thousand fans are wrong? along with a football professional in Glenn Roeder?Please, enlighten me as to your reasons for not ''rating Fotheringham''. Id love to hear them.

Fozzy/Rusty without a doubt. If anyone want to qustion rusty''s commitment then they should have seen the booking incident with their keeper on Saturday, he was really going for it.( Who needs Thaxton v Khan ) 

Would play Safri but would struggle out of the other three. Etuhu had real quality but didn''t often show it. Fotheringham blows hot and cold. Russell huffs and puffs without achieving very much.

Fozzy/Safri, with Safri playing as the deep lying midfielder and Fozzy pushed further forward.

No offence to Darel Russell, who''s a cracking bloke and a real trier, but to suggest he''s a better player than Safri is laughable in my opinion.

I''d rather have fozzy/russell. But too be honest to rusty I''d rather have Etuhu with fozzy (shock horror!). One really good thing about etuhu was that he always got into the other teams box and could score goals. He was a bit lazy at times, but he got back to help defend as well.I''m not going to lie but it''s no suprise how many clean sheets we''ve kept with russell and fozzy in midfield. They don''t stop working and their tackling is superb. Just they miss a bit going forward.

[quote]
Sam, i take it you werent at the Leicester game saturday? or Barnsley away? or Blackpool away? or Palace away? or the Coventry, Plymouth and Sheff Utd home games???

Im interested to know why you dont rate Fotheringham? Glenn Roeder seems to, as did the few thousand away fans at Barnsley the other week, and the 25,000 chanting his name on saturday against Leicester.

Are you saying that your opinion is correct and 25,000 thousand fans are wrong? along with a football professional in Glenn Roeder?

Please, enlighten me as to your reasons for not ''rating Fotheringham''.

Id love to hear them.
[/quote]

He probably last saw Russell in his mk one incarnation and liked his "funky style", and Etuhu reminded him "a bit" of Damien Francis from when we "were good" (i.e. before Sam got bored of NCFC.)

[quote user="Fellas"]I''d rather have fozzy/russell. But too be honest to rusty I''d rather have Etuhu with fozzy (shock horror!). One really good thing about etuhu was that he always got into the other teams box and could score goals. He was a bit lazy at times, but he got back to help defend as well.

I''m not going to lie but it''s no suprise how many clean sheets we''ve kept with russell and fozzy in midfield. They don''t stop working and their tackling is superb. Just they miss a bit going forward.
[/quote]

I agree with most of this. It''s such a hard call to choose between Russell and Etuhu. I posted last week that if we had a player in that position with Russells commitment and Etuhus physical presence we would probably have the perfect box to box midfielder. In the same way if we could add Fotheringhams attitude and fitness to Safri''s passing abilitys.

Fotheringham has become as important to us as Safri used to be and we have only won one game this season when he didn''t feature. Away from home he is a bigger player than Safri, anyone who saw his performance at Blackpool could not have been surprised when Roeder made him captain. For this reason I would choose him over Safri and if I had to choose it would be Etuhu beside him simply because of his ability to score goals with his feet and head.

I will give you my reasons. I personally think that Safri lacked consistancy. He would have a run of 3 or 4 games when he was unplayable and then suddenly have a run of 6 or 7 games without barely kicking the ball, his commintment and loyalty was dissapointing, insisteing that he was to tired to play and failing to turn up for this years photo shoot. In my opinion he also gave the ball away far too much and lacked that bit of bite that was needed.

As for Fotheringham, his commintment and loyalty to the team is immence. But his passing i believe is poor, he passes the ball square far too much and it seems is afraid to go forward, he has improved no end under Roeder but he is just not my cup of tea.

I like Russell a lot as a player. He has this great ability to hurry back and help out the defence at any time and he is versatile, he can play right back or centre half if required, fotheringham can''t. He is always looking to create by going forward and is a real good player to have in your side.

Despite the fact that Dickson Etuhu didn''t fulfill his potential here at Norwich, he could be a really good player. He has all of the attributes; he is powerful, quick, good on the ball, good off the ball, has good vision and can really strike the ball well.

I just think that Fotherinham and Safri lack some of these attributes and would rather have Etuhu and Russell in my team.

[quote user="sam"]

I will give you my reasons. I personally think that Safri lacked consistancy. He would have a run of 3 or 4 games when he was unplayable and then suddenly have a run of 6 or 7 games without barely kicking the ball, his commintment and loyalty was dissapointing, insisteing that he was to tired to play and failing to turn up for this years photo shoot. In my opinion he also gave the ball away far too much and lacked that bit of bite that was needed.

As for Fotheringham, his commintment and loyalty to the team is immence. But his passing i believe is poor, he passes the ball square far too much and it seems is afraid to go forward, he has improved no end under Roeder but he is just not my cup of tea.

I like Russell a lot as a player. He has this great ability to hurry back and help out the defence at any time and he is versatile, he can play right back or centre half if required, fotheringham can''t. He is always looking to create by going forward and is a real good player to have in your side.

Despite the fact that Dickson Etuhu didn''t fulfill his potential here at Norwich, he could be a really good player. He has all of the attributes; he is powerful, quick, good on the ball, good off the ball, has good vision and can really strike the ball well.

I just think that Fotherinham and Safri lack some of these attributes and would rather have Etuhu and Russell in my team.

[/quote]I refer back to my previous point of you not actually going to any matches. You werent at the leicester game, were you at the Coventry, Sheff Utd and Plymouth games? probably not if you still think his passing is poor, i imagine your basing your opinion on seeing him once last season, when his confidence and sharpness was low and was probably only making short passes mixed with trying more adventurous ones that went astray.You obviously havent seen him recently have you. He was superb on saturday and the main reason we played so well, he literally grabbed Croft by the scruff of his neck and demanded he run Leicester ragged.If you think he really is that poor why on earth do you think Roeder made him captain?, and why on earth do you think we were so poor against Wolves and Charlton at xmas? Cause Fozzy wasnt playing thats why.Now lets please have no more ridiculous posts about Fozzy being rubbish from posters who dont even watch the guy play.Thank you.

[quote user="BarclayMan (artist formerly known as BarclayBoy)"][quote user="sam"]

I refer back to my previous point of you not actually going to any matches. You werent at the leicester game, were you at the Coventry, Sheff Utd and Plymouth games? probably not if you still think his passing is poor, i imagine your basing your opinion on seeing him once last season, when his confidence and sharpness was low and was probably only making short passes mixed with trying more adventurous ones that went astray.

You obviously havent seen him recently have you. He was superb on saturday and the main reason we played so well, he literally grabbed Croft by the scruff of his neck and demanded he run Leicester ragged.

If you think he really is that poor why on earth do you think Roeder made him captain?, and why on earth do you think we were so poor against Wolves and Charlton at xmas? Cause Fozzy wasnt playing thats why.

Now lets please have no more ridiculous posts about Fozzy being rubbish from posters who dont even watch the guy play.

Thank you.
[/quote]

Last season i had a season ticket so i saw him more than once, but i wish i hadn''t now, it was painful, like trying to watch an elephant play tennis, but in your question as to why roeder has made him captain, i don''t know??? There are 11 players in a team not 1, as you seem to think, i didn''t say he was rubbish, it''s just in my personal opinion i don''t rate him, i''m pretty sure that out of all of the norwich fans that go weekly (24-25000), i am not the only one, so sorry if i angered you, just a personal opionion.