Sign in to follow this  
All dots

What is it with some of you ? Are you from another planet ?

I am amazed at how many fans so readily accept a humiliating defeat by a team at the bottom of the old 4th division and over two games. I''m not an up and down fan and I have supported Norwich through thick and thin all my life and believe me there''s been plenty of thin over that time.

It''s a complete no brainer that beating Bury and getting through to the next round is far more beneficial to the club, players and fans. More income and sustained high morale. Someone said something along the lines of "Oh well who needed two trips to Soton in 5 days" as though that would have been extreme penury. What absolute squit. Roeder is rightly furious about the performance, the missed oppportunity and the fact that our unbeaten run was ended so ignominiously at such a lowly club as Bury in potentially such an important competition. What else have we got to play for - avoiding the drop and mid table security ? A run in the FA Cup would have created excitement, income and been great for the players and everyones'' morale.  

Fronm the Pink Un today : "City boss Glenn Roeder is planning a series of face-to-face meetings with individual players at Colney tomorrow in the aftermath of last night''s embarrassing FA Cup exit at Bury."

That says it all for me. No argument no need for discussion and absolutely no need for moronic posts in denial.

[quote user="Crispy"]Agreed. Imagine potentially beating Southampton twice over a few days at their place ?
[/quote]

Agree totally. The next round would''ve been worth 40-50 grand against a team we are very capable of beating,thus potenially giving us a plum tie or TV money in the 5th round. I understand we are in a position that the league must take priority but its a said day when the once great FA cup can only attract the attention of the reserve squad of NCFC. I really feel for the fans who went and its an utter farce. [:''(]

I''m certainly one of the people who wasn''t too downhearted about last night. I''m certainly not glad we lost, and I''d rather we''d have won the match, but we are still in a relegation battle and at least now we have no distractions from it. Having gone unbeaten in nine matches, at least we lost a match that hasn''t given our relegation rivals any advantage, and it gives us a kick up the backside while still giving us the chance to continue our impressive unbeaten league run. We''re still not a great side, but we''re making lots of steps in the right direction, which makes it a little bit easier to forgive the indiscretions.I think last night just gave a lot of us a reminder of how bad we were under Grant, and particularly how awful we were away from home. The two games against Bury were dire, but when you offset that against away wins at Blackpool, Scunthorpe and Barnsley, as well as an excellent point against Palace, I think we can use the awful nature of last night''s performance to help us move forward.Also, what if we were to get a creditable draw at St Mary''s in the fourth round, win the replay, get another tough away draw in the fifth round, get a draw... all these fixtures could help us accrue unwanted injuries and suspensions, and even the profit from a trip to Old Trafford doesn''t come close to offsetting the financial implication of relegation. Cr*p performance, cr*p result - let''s learn from it and move on.

yeah, and we''ve got a paper thin squad, thats been working its butt off - how many players are carrying niggles that don''t get the time they need to heal???fudge the cup i say, lets make sure we''re still in the champs next year.  there''s plenty of rain around now, heavy pitches abound - the boys need to be injury free and fresh to continue their league form.grant got crocked by the carling cup away at port vale - the skids came off his bandwagon and so did any hope of making the top 6 that season.  also, didn''t earnie get shafted in the FA cup that jan???nah forget it, get over it, move on and focus on the main job - avoiding relegation, and then preparing a platform for next year - everything else is froth and BS, make no mistake!!!

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]grant got crocked by the carling cup away at port vale - the skids came off his bandwagon and so did any hope of making the top 6 that season.  also, didn''t earnie get shafted in the FA cup that jan???[/quote]

Nope, that happened the week after in training.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]yeah, and we''ve got a paper thin squad, thats been working its butt off - how many players are carrying niggles that don''t get the time they need to heal???

fudge the cup i say, lets make sure we''re still in the champs next year.  there''s plenty of rain around now, heavy pitches abound - the boys need to be injury free and fresh to continue their league form.

grant got crocked by the carling cup away at port vale - the skids came off his bandwagon and so did any hope of making the top 6 that season.  also, didn''t earnie get shafted in the FA cup that jan???

nah forget it, get over it, move on and focus on the main job - avoiding relegation, and then preparing a platform for next year - everything else is froth and BS, make no mistake!!!
[/quote]

Good point, now after this Saturday''s game against Leicester NCFC have a ten day break until  the Southampton game. For me the break will be more worthwhile than a pointless FA cup game.

Look how NCFC came back after the break following the Plymouth  game. It will also allow Roeder to concentrate on getting new players'' in before the transfer deadline.

Lets just hope that its the team who played in the second half against Barnsley then who turn up on Sat then. Cos as far as I can make out its the disappointing manner in which we played as much as anything that upset most last night. Fair enough if we lose and give it our all, but that didnt happen last night, or it certainly didnt look like it

i''ll just copy and paste my reply to the exact same comment in the other thread on here as soon as its moderated....

I think more people would have been pissed off if it had not been for our miracle-esque league form and the quite uninspiring 4th round draw, I mean not exactly Man Utd at home is it! Hopefully we''ll have the edge over an overworked saints team come the league fixture. Staying in this league is all I care about this season.

The greatest club knock out competition in the world. We have become a shockingly poor cup side for about 15 years now, embarassing against the minnows and a soft touch against the prem sides. A serious knock to our confidence, just hope luck is with us on sat, a really sad day.. ....... a pint of wherry, please.

[quote]Cr*p performance, cr*p result - let''s learn from it and move on.[/quote]

Agreed, we need to face facts, last night just wasn''t good enough, if anything it''s probably proven Roeders'' worst suspicions about the squads'' fringe players.  As Coelho as said, at least we can concentrate on getting up the league now.

Priority No 1: Avoid relegation from this league

Priority No 2: Identify the deadwood

Priority No 3: Ship out the deadwood

Priority No 4: Bring in new quality players

Priority No 5: Eradicate the no-shows

Priority No 6: Bring back the good time feeling to Carrow Road and the atmosphere

Priority No 7: FA Cup.

Priority No 8: Carling Cup

Over 30 years of supporting NCFC I have seen a defeat or two and I have witnessed 60 or so Cup exits (except 1985 of course). While disappointed I''ll get over it. I expect to see one or two more cup exits and one or two more defeats before I depart to the great stadium in the sky. But I don''t want to witness this club go down another league. GR is this morning having his one on ones because whether its Bury or Burnley he won''t want another no-show beacuse come Saturday the important stuff starts again.