Sign in to follow this  
YellowIce

Overely optimistic? . . . Yes please!

Is anyone else massivly optomistic about the future? (completely unfounded or not)

I find myself sitting in work think we are definatly going to get Taylor and that him and Illiev are going to be amazingly solid at the back. roeder will also get a 1 in 2 striker and Norwich will be a force again one day.

I may wearing my yellow and green glasses. But unless the end of January comes with a different view you cant change my mind. LOL!

[quote user="YellowIce"]

Is anyone else massivly optomistic about the future? (completely unfounded or not)

I find myself sitting in work think we are definatly going to get Taylor and that him and Illiev are going to be amazingly solid at the back. roeder will also get a 1 in 2 striker and Norwich will be a force again one day.

I may wearing my yellow and green glasses. But unless the end of January comes with a different view you cant change my mind. LOL!

[/quote]sorry to burst the bubble - but my view is we''ll struggle to get anyone of quality in cos the dosh simply isn''t there - roedy will be forced to make last minute choices he wouldn''t normally go for - simply to get bodies in - (he can''t pick goodun''s all the time - some will be plums) and conseqently, we''ll have a real relegation scrap on our hands - and hand on heart i think its going to be close and go to the wire.to compound matters, we have an away ''grudge'' cup match to bury, with another away trip to soton lined up - distractions we could do without.i''m hoping we finish the right side of the wire!!!

You''d be better off being realistic, but good luck to you.  The problem with being massively optimistic is you can only ever be disappointed. 

Then again, when Grant was in charge, I was massively pessimistic and was still disappointed.

I think we''ll get a centre-back, a striker, both will be adequate, we''ll finish seventeenth and season tickets will go up by 15%.

I''d be amazed if we got both Taylor and Iliev. I think its one or the other - probably Iliev looking at recent news.

Theres also the linkage with Ameobi, which IMO is solely based on Roeder having contacts at Newcastle. Has there actually been anything other than this to say our management are looking to get him? If there has then I missed it.

I''d love to have all those mentioned above in our team but I''m still baffled as to how we''re going to pay for all this? We''re short on cash lets not forget (or so it seems anyway) and the collective cost of these players would probably come to near £2m (and thats only if we LOAN Ameobi).

[quote user="YellowIce"]

Just the fact were trying for players like ameoi shows we have got some ambition.

[/quote]

How does a load of rumours on forums mean we''re actually trying to get him?

[quote user="YellowIce"]

Just the fact were trying for players like ameoi shows we have got some ambition.

Have we made a formal inquiry?

[/quote]

Thats just it - Have we made any enquiries at all? If we haven''t we can''t say we''re "trying for players like Ameobi". So far everything Ameobi-related has been rumours built up from Roeders Newcastle links and thats it. I''ve not seen anything else to suggest we''re going for him. I wish we were but it reminds me of the "Are we getting Curbishley as manager?" period we went through in late 2006.

And this Taylor business is really starting to look like its not happening either.

If you''ll excuse me I need to refill my glass - its half empty.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"][quote user="YellowIce"]

Have we made a formal inquiry?

[/quote]

Thats just it - Have we made any enquiries at all? If we haven''t we can''t say we''re "trying for players like Ameobi". So far everything Ameobi-related has been rumours built up from Roeders Newcastle links and thats it. I''ve not seen anything else to suggest we''re going for him. I wish we were but it reminds me of the "Are we getting Curbishley as manager?" period we went through in late 2006.

And this Taylor business is really starting to look like its not happening either.

If you''ll excuse me I need to refill my glass - its half empty.

[/quote]Can''t remember when exactly but I am sure before the end of the last loan transfer window - didn''t AlLARDice come out and say that he didn''t want to let Ameobi go at this point in time - even on loan because of injuries etc?I think that at least confirms that some teams were interested and Roeder admitted to making inquiries and getting knocked back for the above reason. So far as I am aware it was pretty much a confirmed happening.

hmm.... well if we get some of who we are linked with over the coming weeks we could end up with:

Marshall

Ostemobor     Iliev          Taylor     Camara/Bertrand/Armstrong

Croft/Parry    Armstrong/Fozzy  Norris/Russel     Hucks/Pattison

Earnshaw  / Cureton /Ameobi/Dublin

i like the look of that and even if it doesnt happen its still good reason to be optimistic. we may as well be at this time of year.