Sign in to follow this  
James Kent

For your next trick Glenn

You will have to find a way of putting Fozzy, Rusty, Matty, Huckerby, Chadwick in the same team.  Or does this spell the end for Hucks and will he have to play a Lee Croft style supersub role.

chadwich       russell       fozzy       patterson

hucks

cureton

formation? by giving hucks free role but with the left winger in, but then will cureton hold up the ball to bring others into it? maybe if you play balls down the channel or to his feet but you cant just hoof it down

I have been very disappointed with Huckerby this season, he hadn''t even nearly got going and then was extremely unprofessional in getting sent off against Ipswich. That said, you don''t become bad overnight and he''s clearly a very important player for us tonight. Reading Roeder''s comments, I believe he should be playing upfront with Cureton. Pace and skill scare defenders, Huckerby has both of these. It''s good to see the midfield playing well as a unit, this should remain the same with Huckerby providing an outlet upfront as he did in Earnshaw''s absence last season.

[quote]Reading Roeder''s comments, I believe he should be playing upfront with

Cureton. Pace and skill scare defenders, Huckerby has both of these.

It''s good to see the midfield playing well as a unit, this should

remain the same with Huckerby providing an outlet upfront as he did in

Earnshaw''s absence last season.[/quote]If we can continue to get good service from midfield and wings, this could be a powerful combination.  It would certainly require balls to feet  or behind the defender to run onto though.  The main problem with this could be Huckerby himself though, he prefers the wing, doesn''t he ?

I think it''ll be very interesting to see how Hucks reacts to this kind of pressure - we all know a fit Hucks has, up until now, been a surefire starter come what may. I have a sneaking suspicion this could be just the kind of motivation he needs right now - I dont subscribe to this theory that he is washed up just because he''s now the wrong side of 30, and reckon he still has more than enough ability and motivation to scare the bejesus out of most of the defenders in this division.

I think it is a good thing that Huckerby will struggle to get  back in the team, sends out an important message that if you play well you keep your place and that no one is bigger than the team.

Huckerby has been a legendary player for us and still has a massive part to play in helping to revive our fortunes but for now he has to take a back seat.  He only has himself to blame really, it was a stupid tackle against Ipswich and that 3 game ban hurt us. 

Now he has to force his way back.  This is great news for us because he isn''t going to want to warm the bench in what maybe his final season, now we might see the return of the real Darren Huckerby.

hucks is huck, and although not the force he was, he can still do it - as he showed with his individual goal against bristol city.  i think the pressure is actually on fozzy - russell we know is a naturally fit lad, like hucks, and will run and run - he''s given some great all action displays  this season -  not least on sat.   i lovd the fozzy/russell combo on sat, and hope they can keep it going - but just like brellier found after ipswich -  having the stamina to give 110% ball busting  displays every match is difficult, especially when games are coimg up thick and fast twice weekly.  for me i doubted if fozzy had a champs engine last season - but he''s got fit this year and the hard graft has paid off - however - after his weekend exertions and especially on the back of returning from injury - has fozzy the fitness and desire to give a similar performance to the one he gave on sat? - because surely this is the standard required, if not better, for city to control games and win them.we need a point tues nite at least - so fozzy - hand on heart, if you don''t feel you can give the performance thats needed, then do NCFC and favour and let roeder know - and that goes for any of the new boys too, who by roedy''s asertion are 80% match fit only.the last thing we need is a no show at blackpool. 

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]hucks is huck, and although not the force he was, he can still do it - as he showed with his individual goal against bristol city. 

i think the pressure is actually on fozzy - russell we know is a naturally fit lad, like hucks, and will run and run - he''s given some great all action displays  this season -  not least on sat.   i lovd the fozzy/russell combo on sat, and hope they can keep it going - but just like brellier found after ipswich -  having the stamina to give 110% ball busting  displays every match is difficult, especially when games are coimg up thick and fast twice weekly.  for me i doubted if fozzy had a champs engine last season - but he''s got fit this year and the hard graft has paid off - however - after his weekend exertions and especially on the back of returning from injury - has fozzy the fitness and desire to give a similar performance to the one he gave on sat? - because surely this is the standard required, if not better, for city to control games and win them.

we need a point tues nite at least - so fozzy - hand on heart, if you don''t feel you can give the performance thats needed, then do NCFC and favour and let roeder know - and that goes for any of the new boys too, who by roedy''s asertion are 80% match fit only.

the last thing we need is a no show at blackpool.

[/quote]

oh how we miss Gary Holt!

[quote user="we8wba"]

hucks

cureton

[/quote]That could work well, if Huckerby doesn''t go into his shell like he tends to when he''s not The Man who dictates the shape of the team. In that formation, he could still be free to drift out to the left and cut in, but he would have to get nearer to the goal than he usually does. There''s no height in midfield or attack though.

[quote user="buddhaboy"]what happens to horses when they injure hips and aren''t able to run as quick...has the time come for huckerby????[/quote]Shooting him would be a bit harsh

[quote user="we8wba"]

hucks

cureton

formation? by giving hucks free role but with the left winger in, but then will cureton hold up the ball to bring others into it? maybe if you play balls down the channel or to his feet but you cant just hoof it down

[/quote]

Me likes it!

[quote user="we8wba"]

hucks

cureton

[/quote]

Not enough power up front.  You need a battering ram at CF in this league, Cureton & Hucks don''t fit that mould.  Hucks as sub for me, question marks over Fozzy''s fitness mean that Pattison may have to fill a gap inside from time to time.

I strongly believe that Huckerby would be more effective if used for 30-60 minutes a match.