Sign in to follow this  
gissing canary

Jamie vs Earnie

Jamie has 4 league goals, and 2 in the cup this season.  In this awful team (pre-Glenn) would Earnie of scored more?  I am thinking he wouldnt, and therefore despite Jamies age, feel he may have been a bit of a snip.

Oh dear , Earnshaw is a different class altogether than Cureton and if we paid the reported £750,000 at 32 years of age its by no stretch of the imagination a snip .

Cureton has taken the art of being offside to another level!

Earnie is a level above Jamie.

I don''t think this is fair. People are trying to make a direct comparrison and then missing out half of their character. Jamie plays with his heart on his sleave, to add to that he is a team player who is capable of helping build up attacking moves.

I would expect Earnshaw to be better at staying onside because that was practically the only dimension to his game. I know I will get slaughtered for this but he always knew he was going to leave here hence the buy out clause. He team play left a lot to be desired in all honesty and he even suggested when he left that this was still the weakest part of his game.

Another thing to add here is that Jamie doesn''t have Earnie''s pace which is why he has to walk a much finer line with the off-sides although I will agree he is getting caught far to often at the moment. Hopefully with a win and a goal under his belt he will step up another level and improve as I expect the team to do now.

For me getting nothing less than a draw away from home must be the next step.

[quote user="chicken"]

I don''t think this is fair. People are trying to make a direct comparrison and then missing out half of their character. Jamie plays with his heart on his sleave, to add to that he is a team player who is capable of helping build up attacking moves.

I would expect Earnshaw to be better at staying onside because that was practically the only dimension to his game. I know I will get slaughtered for this but he always knew he was going to leave here hence the buy out clause. He team play left a lot to be desired in all honesty and he even suggested when he left that this was still the weakest part of his game.

Another thing to add here is that Jamie doesn''t have Earnie''s pace which is why he has to walk a much finer line with the off-sides although I will agree he is getting caught far to often at the moment. Hopefully with a win and a goal under his belt he will step up another level and improve as I expect the team to do now.

For me getting nothing less than a draw away from home must be the next step.

[/quote]

To be honest I don''t think Jamie is that much more of a team player than Earnie. I think people like to believe that''s the case but I think their games are fairly similar, only that Earnie was more of a threat.

Cureton hasn''t exactly run his socks off for the team since he''s been back at Carrow Road.

But all good strikers need to be a little bit selfish.

this is what i think: jamie normally can have a better goal to shot ratio, i expect jamie to score at least 1 in 5 shots, but you where lucky if earnie scored 2 in 10 shots, that showed by the fact he had had about 200 shots y january, and had scored about 18,  but atm we are just not creating enough for jamie, if he had the ammount of shots earnie did then he would be on 100 :D lol but he is not as quick and does wonder around a bit more so is not always in the right place

[quote user="The Drop"]Oh dear , Earnshaw is a different class altogether than Cureton and if we paid the reported £750,000 at 32 years of age its by no stretch of the imagination a snip .[/quote]

I agree when we signed him I thought we were over paying completely overpaid.  My point was if he scores 20 a season for 2years, which I think with any decent service he will, then I think 375k for 20 goals per year isnt that bad.  It will take Brown 5years to get the number!

He isnt as good as Earnie, and will never have the resale value, but my point was, Earnie left for £3.75mill I think, and Jamie cost a fifth of that, and if he can get near the number of goals, its not that bad?

[quote user="Marty"]Earnshaw is massively over-rated and his shot to goal ratio is shocking[/quote]

agreed! serves the little mercenary right too! hope he is enjoying getting splinters up his backside for sitting on the bench for Derby''s reserves!

jas :)

Massively overated he may be but he is still better than anything we have on the books right now , Earnies worth £4million easy on the transfer market and that sort of money would nearly buy the entire Norwich side .People tend to get very bitter when players who are to good for us move on , did anyone really expect the Ashtons and Earnshaws of this world to play for a bottom of the table Championship side ?. Cureton is what he is a lower level striker whos been round the block several times and is about the best we are going to attract right now as was illustrated by both Varney and Sharp turning us down .

jamie is better than earnie. earnie could score but did nothing else and i felt he put too much pressure on our midfiels. i was glad we found a mug to offload without losing any money and i am quite pleased he has finally found his level - a  reserve at a very poor club albeit in the top  league.

jamie will find his scoring boots again under gr! 2 goals in 4 games is not too bad!!

[quote user="The Drop"]Massively overated he may be but he is still better than anything we have on the books right now , Earnies worth £4million easy on the transfer market and that sort of money would nearly buy the entire Norwich side .People tend to get very bitter when players who are to good for us move on , did anyone really expect the Ashtons and Earnshaws of this world to play for a bottom of the table Championship side ?. Cureton is what he is a lower level striker whos been round the block several times and is about the best we are going to attract right now as was illustrated by both Varney and Sharp turning us down .[/quote]

Yes, I hear he is setting the premiership alight! still, wish i was earning obsene money for sitting on my backside.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Cureton has taken the art of being offside to another level!

Earnie is a level above Jamie.

[/quote]

But Jamie wants to be here, Earnalot doesn''t. Hell, Jamie even choosed us over other clubs, again, Earnalot didn''t!.[:|]

Unfortunatly its fair to say Earnshaw is a better player than Cureton, both are goalscorers, both contribute little else to a side however. Erny however has scored more reguarly and at a higher level than Cureton.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=13570

Earnshaw

ClubFromToFeeLeagueFA CupLeague cupOther
Derby29-06-2007 Â£ 3500000 2 (7)00 (0)01 (0)00 (0)0
Norwich31-01-200629-06-2007£ 3500000 41 (4)271 (0)01 (0)00 (0)0
West Brom30-08-200431-01-2006£ 3000000 22 (21)123 (1)32 (1)20 (0)0
Morton22-01-200020-02-2000Loan 3 (0)21 (0)00 (0)00 (0)0
Cardiff01-08-199730-08-2004Trainee 141 (37)8511 (2)96 (2)105 (1)1
Totals£ 10000000209 (69)12616 (3)1210 (3)125 (1)1
goals / game0.450.630.920.16
AppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoals

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=1843

Cureton

ClubFromToFeeLeagueFA CupLeague cupOther
Norwich29-06-2007 Free 12 (2)40 (0)02 (0)20 (0)0
Colchester06-06-200629-06-2007Free 44 (0)231 (0)10 (1)00 (0)0
Colchester21-10-200503-01-2006Loan 7 (1)42 (0)30 (0)00 (0)0
Swindon30-06-200506-06-2006Free 22 (8)70 (0)00 (1)00 (1)0
QPR02-02-200430-06-2005Signed 20 (23)61 (0)02 (0)10 (0)0
Busan I''Park05-07-200302-02-2004Free 21 Apps    4 Goals - Wikipedia
Reading21-08-200005-07-2003£ 250000 74 (34)505 (2)24 (1)16 (1)2
Bristol R17-10-199621-08-2000£ 200000 161 (9)6810 (0)27 (1)26 (0)2
Bristol R19-09-199616-10-1996Loan 6 (0)40 (0)00 (0)00 (0)0
Bournemouth08-09-1995 Loan 0 (5)00 (0)00 (0)00 (1)0
Norwich05-02-199317-10-1996Trainee 13 (16)60 (2)00 (1)00 (0)0
Totals£ 450000359 (98)17219 (4)815 (5)612 (3)4
goals / game0.370.340.30.26
AppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoalsAppsGoals

Jamie was doing fine until his public slating by Mr Grant for ''trying to score''. I think that his confidence was shot from that minute. There are signs of the old Jamie returning - and it can''t be too soon! Like Glenn Roeder says ''TLC'' can work wonders.

You say Jamie wants to be here Wiz , now if Jamie had been good enough to get the same offer from Derby that Earnie did do you still think he would have signed for Norwich ? of course he would not not in a million years , Norwich was always going to be Curetons best chance of joining a bigger club and he jumped at it , who else were in for him oh yes the mighty Hull .

Earnie will always score more goals than Jamie (if fit the whole season). Earnie won''t get a sniff this season but will probably score 25+ next season & fire Derby towards the top of the Championship.

[quote user="The Drop"]Cureton is what he is a lower level striker whos been round the block several times and is about the best we are going to attract right now as was illustrated by both Varney and Sharp turning us down .[/quote]

That''s right, the fantastic Varney & Sharp, how well have they done since their ''big money'' moves?

Varney - 3 in 14 apps

Sharp - 0 in 6 apps

Cureton - 4 in 15 apps

So Curo has already scored more than both of them put together so far, in supposedly the ''worst'' team in the league.

Also interesting how the other ''big name'' player we were interested in - Eastwood, has also performed worse than Curo, managing 3 goals in 14 apps.

So tell me again why these other players are better options?

[quote user="Indy_Bones"]

[quote user="The Drop"]Cureton is what he is a lower level striker whos been round the block several times and is about the best we are going to attract right now as was illustrated by both Varney and Sharp turning us down .[/quote]

That''s right, the fantastic Varney & Sharp, how well have they done since their ''big money'' moves?

Varney - 3 in 14 apps

Sharp - 0 in 6 apps

Cureton - 4 in 15 apps

So Curo has already scored more than both of them put together so far, in supposedly the ''worst'' team in the league.

Also interesting how the other ''big name'' player we were interested in - Eastwood, has also performed worse than Curo, managing 3 goals in 14 apps.

So tell me again why these other players are better options?

[/quote]

What about that fantastic Steve Howard that everyone wanted at the beginning of the season? Now I wonder how many goals he has scored this season.