Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

Does it really matter.....................

I couldnt care less about the manager now, all it says to me is this once proud club is being run by a bunch of bottle jobs more interested in celebrity status than footall. Three bloody weeks to announce an unemployed no mark. We are seen as nothing more than a joke now and i for one am so depressed about this once great club. The board had a perfect oppurtunity to prove people wrong and make an ambitious appointment but they have yet again shown us they are gutless. Why can Palace,Bolton and Spurs get the man they want in days even hours? Why wasnt our board looking for ambitious replacements when things clearly were not working under PG. Its what they are in the job for to constantly look for better ways to progress the club, but no not our lot, they sit on they''re hands hoping for the best. A complete cop out yet again. OUR BOARD ARE A BLOODY JOKE, GET THEM OUT NOW!!

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I couldnt care less about the manager now, all it says to me is this once proud club is being run by a bunch of bottle jobs more interested in celebrity status than footall. Three bloody weeks to announce an unemployed no mark. We are seen as nothing more than a joke now and i for one am so depressed about this once great club. The board had a perfect oppurtunity to prove people wrong and make an ambitious appointment but they have yet again shown us they are gutless. Why can Palace,Bolton and Spurs get the man they want in days even hours? Why wasnt our board looking for ambitious replacements when things clearly were not working under PG. Its what they are in the job for to constantly look for better ways to progress the club, but no not our lot, they sit on they''re hands hoping for the best. A complete cop out yet again. OUR BOARD ARE A BLOODY JOKE, GET THEM OUT NOW!![/quote]

Well said Arthur...

The problem is however that our board and their followers have already taken us to such a level where we are seen as an absolute joke by all and sundry that nobody in their right mind wanted the job and of the few that did we had to go for one of the worst options possible.

I for one would of rather them had the balls to keep Jim Duffy as boss... at least it would not of been yet more cash flushed down the toilet when the inevitable sacking of Roeder occurs in 12months time.

[quote]I for one would of rather them had the balls to keep Jim Duffy as

boss... at least it would not of been yet more cash flushed down the

toilet when the inevitable sacking of Roeder occurs in 12months time.[/quote]Di Stefano as chairman, Duffy as boss, welcome to the bizarre world of Smudger...

[quote user="Smudger"]

I for one would of rather them had the balls to keep Jim Duffy as boss... at least it would not of been yet more cash flushed down the toilet when the inevitable sacking of Roeder occurs in 12months time.

[/quote]

The only reason you would want Duffy to stay is that you would have an easy target for the rubbish that you spout on here day in and day out.

You really should get a life

[quote user="Smudger"]

at least it would not of been yet more cash flushed down the toilet when the inevitable sacking of Roeder occurs in 12months time.

[/quote]

Ratboy will be lucky to last 6 months.................let alone a year mate!

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]I for one would of rather them had the balls to keep Jim Duffy as boss... at least it would not of been yet more cash flushed down the toilet when the inevitable sacking of Roeder occurs in 12months time.[/quote]

Di Stefano as chairman, Duffy as boss, welcome to the bizarre world of Smudger...
[/quote]

Couldn''t do any worse than Delia as majority shareholder, Munby as chairman and either Roeder or Grant as boss could they???

If you are inclined to throw money away on something that is not likely to improve the crap that you already have then I can at last clearly see why you support Delia and her merry men blahblahblah...

Nice try at trying to mock what I have said... but if you actually opened your ears and eyes and listened you may be able to see a message within the context of the words.

omg six months!! I can''t bloody wait six months!! Wheres that bloody Cat when the rats about eh!! Kick the board out now!!! We''ll run the frigging club ourselves and make a much better job of it!!!

[quote]but if you actually opened your ears and eyes and listened you may be able to see a message within the context of the words.[/quote]I do see the message within the context of the words, smudger, the message is Anger bloody Management.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Duffy??  You really are an idiot.

Are you serious?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Duffy??  You really are an idiot.

[/quote]

i reckon roeder will do a job.... he did well at West Ham (for a time) 7th in the prem, and brought a bit of life back into Newcastle. I personally cannot wait til derby day on Sunday, i am expecting to see a totally different Norwich

Nice guaranteed pay day for 2.5 years for someone on the dole....especially as he won''t have to see it through.

What are we as a club these days anyway now....a charity organisation as well as a restaurant?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]I couldnt care less about the manager now, all it says to me is this once proud club is being run by a bunch of bottle jobs more interested in celebrity status than footall. Three bloody weeks to announce an unemployed no mark. We are seen as nothing more than a joke now and i for one am so depressed about this once great club. The board had a perfect oppurtunity to prove people wrong and make an ambitious appointment but they have yet again shown us they are gutless. Why can Palace,Bolton and Spurs get the man they want in days even hours? Why wasnt our board looking for ambitious replacements when things clearly were not working under PG. Its what they are in the job for to constantly look for better ways to progress the club, but no not our lot, they sit on they''re hands hoping for the best. A complete cop out yet again. OUR BOARD ARE A BLOODY JOKE, GET THEM OUT NOW!![/quote]

Well said Arthur...

The problem is however that our board and their followers have already taken us to such a level where we are seen as an absolute joke by all and sundry that nobody in their right mind wanted the job and of the few that did we had to go for one of the worst options possible.

[/quote]

I''m puzzled - why is your avatar upside-down?  [;)]

This one is going to run and run isn''t it!?

Not the best choice but a lot could have been worse!

Phil Parkinson? Rather have Roeder.

Duffy-Christ, would rather have had Parkinson!

Pulis-nope, rather have Roeder.

Allen-Roeder, just.

....could have been worse folks, could have been worse. I know thats a bit of a negative outlook but so is the rest of this season-if we avoid reegation now, its been a success!

Now I am definately in the Arthur, Cluck, Smudger camp when it comes to the current board of NCFC - but I am actually not to depressed about this appointment.

Bearing in mind where we are as a club at the moment, which is all the boards doing, we were hardly going to be able to attract a big name manager. There are plenty of vacancies at other clubs which are in better positions than us which would be more attractive.

Roeder is a "known name" manager, with experience of managing in the premier league, a person that will have significant contacts in the game to bring in the much needed quality loan players, and probably most of important - I really feel because of the above he will get the respect of all the players in our squad. (something Grant and Worthington never had). Against all the other people we could have got (Parkinson, Tilson, Grayson, Ince, Pulis etc) he is the best of the rest by far and on that basis am prepared to give him a chance. Lets see who he appoints as assistant and coach(es), see who he can get here on loan and then make a judgement. OK so he isn''t everybodies 1st choice but for me he isn''t that bad.

The pressure on the board however needs to increase. I listened to an interview on Sky sports last night with the new guy Pearson at Derby. Some of the things he said just made me fume, bearing in mind these are exactly the things i''ve been accusing our incompetent board over for the last 3 seasons. Can''t remember the exact words he used but it was along the lines of that he was looking at other potential investment opportunities when Derby "approached me for investment". He then went on to say that now he was in place he would be looking to bring in further investment from the UK and abroad to fund Derby''s aspiration to stay in the Premier League.

All the crap we hear from Doncaster and Smith about the phones not ringing with people looking to invest - They won''t - you need to go out and find it and Derby is just another example of where it has happened. The modern world of football is passing over our wonderful board of directors heads and if they aren''t prepared to change they need to ship out.

Can anybody give me Doncasters email address as I want to ask him the question directly as to what inward investment opportunities is he seeking for NCFC.    

[quote user="The Judge"]

Now I am definately in the Arthur, Cluck, Smudger camp when it comes to the current board of NCFC - but I am actually not to depressed about this appointment.

Bearing in mind where we are as a club at the moment, which is all the boards doing, we were hardly going to be able to attract a big name manager. There are plenty of vacancies at other clubs which are in better positions than us which would be more attractive.

Roeder is a "known name" manager, with experience of managing in the premier league, a person that will have significant contacts in the game to bring in the much needed quality loan players, and probably most of important - I really feel because of the above he will get the respect of all the players in our squad. (something Grant and Worthington never had). Against all the other people we could have got (Parkinson, Tilson, Grayson, Ince, Pulis etc) he is the best of the rest by far and on that basis am prepared to give him a chance. Lets see who he appoints as assistant and coach(es), see who he can get here on loan and then make a judgement. OK so he isn''t everybodies 1st choice but for me he isn''t that bad.

The pressure on the board however needs to increase. I listened to an interview on Sky sports last night with the new guy Pearson at Derby. Some of the things he said just made me fume, bearing in mind these are exactly the things i''ve been accusing our incompetent board over for the last 3 seasons. Can''t remember the exact words he used but it was along the lines of that he was looking at other potential investment opportunities when Derby "approached me for investment". He then went on to say that now he was in place he would be looking to bring in further investment from the UK and abroad to fund Derby''s aspiration to stay in the Premier League.

All the crap we hear from Doncaster and Smith about the phones not ringing with people looking to invest - They won''t - you need to go out and find it and Derby is just another example of where it has happened. The modern world of football is passing over our wonderful board of directors heads and if they aren''t prepared to change they need to ship out.

Can anybody give me Doncasters email address as I want to ask him the question directly as to what inward investment opportunities is he seeking for NCFC.    

[/quote]

Like it.

Roeders appointment is by no means the worst one we could have made. If he gets a decent Assistant & First Team Coach it could -note, COULD- be a good appointment.

But the Board must not think everything is OK now. They need to do all that they can to attact new money, investment and outside interest in our club, from wherever it might come. They could do worse than get someone in like Trevor Birch as CE as he is a "proper" CE, whislt Doncaster strikes me as being more of a head of PR!

Lets hope that they are doing just that, as Roeder is going to need money in January to help keep us up and a hell of a lot more come the Summer if we are to get in the calibre of players to get us up-hopefully of this division and not League 1! If it is League 1 mind you, I suspect they will have all long done a runner!