Sign in to follow this  
we8wba

thread about candidates for the norwich job

Norwich chairman Roger Munby claims to have received a "very high quality of applications" as he searches for a new manager.

Jim Duffy has been in caretaker charge at Carrow Road since Peter Grant left the Championship club 11 days ago.

Former England managers Glenn Hoddle and Kevin Keegan are two of the high-profile names to have been linked with the Canaries and Munby admits the standard of applications has impressed him.

Speaking at the club''s AGM on Thursday night, he said: "What I can report is the very high quality of applications, including former international players, current international managers, Premiership managers, experienced Championship managers and up-and-coming managers cutting a dash in the early stages of their careers.

"The board is united in ensuring the search for Peter''s replacement is as robust and thorough as possible and we are already well into the process."

Munby also told the meeting that the Canaries'' current league position in the bottom three of the Championship is "totally unacceptable."

Meanwhile Andrew and Sharon Turner have denied being interested in buying out the club''s majority shareholders Delia Smith and Michael Wynn Jones.

Andrew Turner has been formally elected on to the club''s board and told the meeting: "Contrary to what you might have read we have not discussed replacing Delia and Michael as majority shareholders.

"Our role is that of non-executive directors. That means we, together with other non-executive directors, are there to provide a check and balance on the executive team."

Mr Turner also stated that he and his wife were "not a front" for local businessman Peter Callum who has been linked with taking over the club.

not 2 much we didnt know already, but read about international manager im presuming that would be john toshack or steve staughton? premiership managers i doubt prob means someone who managed like a game up their like nigel pearson, experinced champ manager i would say reid, international maybe incey

So it seems we have a great choice of managers the best of the pickings.....................again...........................can someone tell me why they choose PG last time? What did he have to offer that all these HIGH QUALITY appilicants did`nt have??..........................surely this time around they will not make the same mistake??? Im convinced they will pick a named has been............................................................

OTBC

[quote user="Rush"]

So it seems we have a great choice of managers the best of the pickings.....................again...........................can someone tell me why they choose PG last time? What did he have to offer that all these HIGH QUALITY appilicants did`nt have??..........................surely this time around they will not make the same mistake??? Im convinced they will pick a named has been............................................................

OTBC

[/quote]

Good point!

Perhaps is was because the first person to interview him was er, Smith? The rest is history. Why was he appointed? Well, according to ND, he was ...''very passionate about the job''

[quote user="sam"]

hoddle and keegan not coming!!!!!!!

get it in your heads

[/quote]

Thaks for clearing that up for me.

[quote user="Rush"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Hmm, I dunno if I agree. At the time, I wasn''t too upset about PG''s appointment. He came with great plugs from many people involved with a West Ham club who at the time had just come from a great first season back in the premiership, concluding in an FA Cup final.

Sure, we all know how it finished, but how did we know that before he was given a chance? I''d say that last time, this was a ballsy decission with some risk. It just didn''t work out, thats all.

I have to agree on that one too, when he was appointed, I was very chuffed, even up to about 6 games in, I think, I was still happy with, I thought he had shaken things up and would do a good job for us. But hey ho, it turned out sour.

[quote user="sam"]

hoddle and keegan not coming!!!!!!!

get it in your heads

[/quote]

I''ve got it thanks! And, what is more, I''m very glad - don''t rate either of them as managers and I absolutely detest Hoddle.  

[quote user="Rush"]

OTBC

[/quote]

why did they chhose Granty? Yes man... thats why... wont rock the boat, wont challenge the board for funds, and was prepared to go with what he had...

the next manager will be the same.... a "pal" of Delias who wont upset anyone or tread on toes...

jas :)

[quote]

why did they chhose Granty? Yes man... thats why... wont rock the

boat, wont challenge the board for funds, and was prepared to go with

what he had...

the next manager will be the same...[/quote]Forgive me for saying so, but isn''t that exactly what he did when he said that he knew who the better players were that he wanted, but he didn''t have the cash to bring them in ?Hardly sounds like a yes man to me.

[quote user="we8wba"]

at the club''s AGM on Thursday night, he said: "What I can report is the very high quality of applications, including former international players, current international managers, Premiership managers, experienced Championship managers and up-and-coming managers cutting a dash in the early stages of their careers.

[/quote]

Premiership managers.....not former premiership managers, this is an odd thing to say cause i heard (but didn''t think it was worth posting on here) a couple days ago that Billy Davies may have applied for the Norwich City job as he''s fears for his own job at Derby. I thought this rumour was stupid cause well, going from the Prem to the Championship doesn''t seem like a move forward....???!?!

Currently international managers, what about Åge Hareide. Current Norway boss and former NCFC centre back. Has won the league in Denmark, Norway and Sweden. He could be a name worth considering. Also Hareide has been keen to encourage a short-passing game. So no hoffball!