Sign in to follow this  
1st Wizard

Just a thought.. KEEP POSITIVE!

I like everyone else on here am extremely disappointed with the results so far this season, but I would just like to point something out..

This is a big IF; but IF we start playing as well as we possibly could do then I am sure we will not be in this position after the next 4 games..

IF we play like we can do then i can see at least these results:

Sheffield Wednesday (home) - Win

Scunthorpe (home) - Win

QPR (away) - Draw

Bristol City (home) - Win

My point is, that after these results we would be on 17 points from 11 games which would see us back around 12th place. And now I know 12th isnt great but we will then Have Jimmy Smith and Fotheringham back as well Hucks firing on all cylinders!

My point is we should all continue to get behind this team, we are in a difficult position at the moment and the only thing that will get us out of it, is everyone sticking together and fighting as one.. And if this does happen then the above results are more than possible.. And then who knows where we can go!

So, this Saturday agains Sheffield Wedsnesday, Sing loud and clear for Norwich City and Johnny Gavin!

On the ball City!

No. 4

Your               

medication                  

is            

not                  

working,       

please                 

go                

back             

to    

the                  

doctors     .............

Exactly, nothing in this league is for certain.

We could theoretically be top by Christmas if results fall our way etc so keep the heads up!

Thing is, those games are not as easy as they look - I would say both Scunthorpe and Bristol City are better sides than we are (Indeed Bristol City are unbeaten this season). I can''t see us taking ten points from these games.

Can''t see you getting too many backers for your optimism, but you are certainly right that there are 4 ''easier'' games coming up. 

What seems so strange to me is that people really do seem to have forgotten that when the fixtures came out a few months ago there was general agreement that we had a really tough looking opening 6-7 games.  The overriding opinion at the time seemed to be that Grant and the side should be given time to bed-down/get it right, and not judged over this opening period.  You''d have to say that even the most positive person can''t think that the performances have been great so far, but it is interesting how so many people are willing to change their opinion now that the reality of the tough start has hit home; the idea of not judging on the opening games has gone well out of the window....

[quote user="No. 4"]

I like everyone else on here am extremely disappointed with the results so far this season, but I would just like to point something out..

This is a big IF; but IF we start playing as well as we possibly could do then I am sure we will not be in this position after the next 4 games..

Scunthorpe (home) - Win

QPR (away) - Draw

My point is, that after these results we would be on 17 points from 11 games which would see us back around 12th place. And now I know 12th isnt great but we will then Have Jimmy Smith and Fotheringham back as well Hucks firing on all cylinders!

My point is we should all continue to get behind this team, we are in a difficult position at the moment and the only thing that will get us out of it, is everyone sticking together and fighting as one.. And if this does happen then the above results are more than possible.. And then who knows where we can go!

So, this Saturday agains Sheffield Wedsnesday, Sing loud and clear for Norwich City and Johnny Gavin!

On the ball City!

[/quote]

I assume you didn''t go to Charlton and Wolves. I can''t believe anyone could be positive - even against poor opposition - after those no-shows.

I''ve kept my stubs just in case NCFC want to do the honourable thing and offer refunds!

[quote user="No. 4"]

Scunthorpe (home) - Win

QPR (away) - Draw

On the ball City!

[/quote]

Its a sign of the times when we''ll settle for a draw at struggling QPR.

And one decent cameo from Fotheringham this season hasn''t convinced me he''s any better than the rest of the rubbish Grant has brought to the club.

I think it is the manner of the defeats that has shocked everyone, if we''re honest I think even the most optimistic among us would have expected 1 point at best from the last 2 games, to not have a single shot on target yesterday and hardly threaten Charlton on Tuesday is very worrying indeed. To then have hucks say at the end of the game that this is the weakest Norwich team he has played in indicates that all is far from well at Colney. It  looks and sounds to me as though Grant has lost at least some of the players already and he certainly looked as downbeat as I have seen him in his after match interview. If this is the case the only course of action is to get rid of PG before it''s to late, the consequences of doing nothing if he has lost the players doesn''t even bare thinking about.

[quote user="No. 4"]

Scunthorpe (home) - Win

QPR (away) - Draw

[/quote]

Dream on or Wake Up?

The choice is yours

[quote user="No. 4"]

Scunthorpe (home) - Win

QPR (away) - Draw

On the ball City!

[/quote]And the prize for the most optimistic post of the century goes to........................NO 4

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

.........What seems so strange to me is that people really do seem to have forgotten that when the fixtures came out a few months ago there was general agreement that we had a really tough looking opening 6-7 games.  The overriding opinion at the time seemed to be that Grant and the side should be given time to bed-down/get it right, and not judged over this opening period.  You''d have to say that even the most positive person can''t think that the performances have been great so far, but it is interesting how so many people are willing to change their opinion now that the reality of the tough start has hit home; the idea of not judging on the opening games has gone well out of the window....

[/quote]

Fair comment BP, but I think the thing that really angers people is there seems to be no cohesive spark anywhere in the team at present.

We''ve probably played about 90 minutes of positive football in total this season, all at home. The away performances have been a disgrace and, '' easier '' games coming up or not I really cannot see us making any impact at all at the right end of this Division this season...... 

To be honest, Id rather be supportive and get behind my team than sit on here and moan about them, and most of you dont even go to a game! Win or lose Im still a fan and for all of you on here considering boycotting the game on saturday then shame on you! Your not fans and to be honest you arnt much better than spineless cowards (''when the going gets tough etc.'')

[quote user="No. 4"]

Scunthorpe (home) - Win

QPR (away) - Draw

On the ball City!

[/quote]

Nurse, Nurse - he''s out of bed again!

[quote user="No. 4"]

Scunthorpe (home) - Win

QPR (away) - Draw

On the ball City!

[/quote]

And if my Uncle had breasts he''d be my Aunty...Honestly No.4!!

[quote user="No. 4"]

To be honest, Id rather be supportive and get behind my team than sit on here and moan about them, and most of you dont even go to a game! Win or lose Im still a fan and for all of you on here considering boycotting the game on saturday then shame on you! Your not fans and to be honest you arnt much better than spineless cowards (''when the going gets tough etc.'')

[/quote]

Hahahahahaha........bless.

I''m not sure Fozzy will be back??? I though that he would nor be back till December??

The best thing that could happen is for Granty to finally raid the hammers for a loan signing!! It''s a poor show that he''s only bought in ex canaries and scottish prem players.