Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Vince

Norwich City v Crystal Palace - match thread

Norwich City: Marshall, Otsemobor, Dublin, Doherty, Drury, Chadwick, Lappin, Russell, Huckerby, Cureton, Brown.Subs: Gilks, Croft, Brellier, Murray, Strihavka.Crystal Palace: Speroni, Butterfield, Hudson, Cort, Craig, Soares, Fletcher, Green, Scowcroft, Idrizaj, Dickov.Subs: Flinders, Freedman, Morrison, Fonte, Hughes.

Oh dear, half an hour in, and according to the stats on ESPN, we''re getting whooped at home against Crystal Palace. Buck Your ideas up lads, ffs!

we''ve got what looks like a very strong subs bench, i''m hoping PG can make the right changes during the 2nd half

i think Croft should replace Chadwick though, he just doesn''t stay wide, Croft has his faults but he will stay wide and run at the left back

Get in, go on Davy boy, at least he can score, more than can be said for a certain mr brown. We deserved to win on shot count alone.

Even better, the scum got battered and we overtook them, and we''re a top half team!

Got to be pleased with the win but hardly a great game of football. Crystal Palace aren''t going anywhere this season, that is for sure.

Disappointed by Grants decision to start with Chadwick and leave Croft on the bench. It was a mistake against Cardiff and it was a mistake again today. Crofty plays his position better and there''s more zip to his game. Not saying Chadwick isn''t a good player but he doesn''t help the shape of the team as he drifts inside way too much.

Not too sure about central midfield either, Lappin and Russell got us through today but are they really a central midfield partnership you''d want to rely on? Obviously we have got a couple of injuries at the moment but Brellier put in a good shift against Cardiff before he was wrongly substituted.

Well done to Dave for scoring and then keeping a cool head towards the end to help see the game out.

wat r u on about, lappin and rusell were quality today ... best 2 players on the pitch! no1 notices how well lappin holds the play 2getha and every1 gives him stick, he works hard 4 the team and plays brilliantly! man of the match rusell was also superb today, never stopped running, chased every ball, won every tackle (even if the ref gave fair challenges as free kicks everytime) with any other ref he wud have put us back in a attacking position and in possesion. along with dublin and huckerby best players out their!

I agree with just about everything you said GJP. I was very disappointed with Chadwick - he was just plain bad. Croft looked much more threatening than Chadders, and more threatening than Croft himself has in previous games: I hope he keeps up the momentum. This game showed once more why Huckerby wide left doesn''t work, even when he''s playing well (which he certainly wasn''t today). Lappin''s the man for that position. When Hux went off and Brellier and Russell took over central midfield, with Lappin left and Croft right, we looked a handy unit. Except for Doherty, who''s so basic it''s unreal - until we find another CB, it''s got to be Dion and Shax. Happy about Dave''s goal - Brown''s a hard worker, but I can see him never scoring a goal, and hopefully Dave''s got his foot in the door now.

[quote user="ipswichrscum"]wat r u on about, lappin and rusell were quality today ... best 2 players on the pitch! no1 notices how well lappin holds the play 2getha and every1 gives him stick, he works hard 4 the team and plays brilliantly! man of the match rusell was also superb today, never stopped running, chased every ball, won every tackle (even if the ref gave fair challenges as free kicks everytime) with any other ref he wud have put us back in a attacking position and in possesion. along with dublin and huckerby best players out their![/quote]

The point I was trying to make...was that although Lappin and Russell did well enough today I can''t see that being a combination that''ll dominate games. I think Simon Lappin is a good footballer, very sensible player, I''ve said that from the start. And Rusty always grafts. But that isn''t a combination that will work in the long term.

[quote user="GJP"]

Got to be pleased with the win but hardly a great game of football. Crystal Palace aren''t going anywhere this season, that is for sure.

[/quote]

What about the two balls put through for Otsemobor? Quality creating goal scoring opportunities

My thoughts

Didn’t understand why Chadwick started the game ahead of Croft

Neither team produced a sparkling performance

Was great to see Dave the Striker get is first goal

Cureton had two good chances, shame he didnt add to his tally of 4

Hucks didn’t look fit but made a difference

Dion was class yet again, gives 150% in every game.

Felt sorry for Brown, he’s worked so hard in the games he''s played but he''s a stiker and isn’t scoring goals so has to be dropped

Wish everyone around me didn’t spend the whole game moaning.

Semmy is our buy of the season

We desperately need a new centre half

Rusty was my Man Of The Match

But we won and we got 3 points, moved up to 12th and  an added bonus Ipswich got thrashed so I''m happy for today

[quote user="blacko"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

What about the two balls put through for Otsemobor? Quality creating goal scoring opportunities

[/quote]

That was good football, just a shame he didn''t contribute much else. And to be honest, aside from a goal against the scum I really don''t think Chadwick has done much at all for City.

[quote user="cityangel"]

My thoughts

Didn’t understand why Chadwick started the game ahead of Croft

[/quote]

Croft is a Worthington signing, Chadwick is a Grant signing. Grant likes to prove he''s right.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="blacko"][quote user="GJP"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That was good football, just a shame he didn''t contribute much else. And to be honest, aside from a goal against the scum I really don''t think Chadwick has done much at all for City.

[/quote]

To be fair, he''s played, what, nine, ten matches? How many times has he played 90 minutes?

Chadwick has NEVER played 90 minutes for us!! Thing is, when you have two right wingers who are essentially very similar and tend to drift in and out of games, it''s an obvious substitution to bring the other one on but i''m not sure it benefits either in the long run.