Sign in to follow this  
Norwich  R  Us

FREE CHAMPIONSHIP HIGHLIGHTS ONLINE!!

Hard to say if you read the blurb on the site:

"We''ll be showing video highlights from EVERY Premier League and Football League game this season. Remember, weekend highlights are available every Monday while weekend highlights are available the morning after the game."

I think they mean to say weekday highlights are available the morning after so it looks like Monday for the game against Southampton.

What connection are you all using to watch these?

Usually I don''t have a problem with videos online, I''m on 512k broadband. The BBC site videos work perfectly. This Virgin Media football site though, the clips run like sh*t!! What on earth have they encoded them in?

Does anyone else have problems?

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Usually I don''t have a problem with videos online, I''m on 512k broadband. The BBC site videos work perfectly. This Virgin Media football site though, the clips run like sh*t!! What on earth have they encoded them in?

[/quote]

Yes Alex, I do. They don''t seem to want to play on my PC, and like you I don''t normally have problems.

Maybe it''s a Virgin thing!!

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

Yes Alex, I do. They don''t seem to want to play on my PC, and like you I don''t normally have problems.

Maybe it''s a Virgin thing!!

[/quote]

Virgin do have awindows media/ internet explorer extention which, assuming you dont have a high-security firewall OR an old version of internet explorer (i think it may be different through FireFox, Netscape etc). This is a requirement for the video''s to play properly, since after the installation of that (very small extension, on any broadband no more than a minute) they have played fine.

It doesn''t work in Australia though (says it''s not available for our location)

I went to bite the bullet and join Canaries world the other night but it wasn''t working...seemed like an omen.. and anyway the exchange rate makes it nearly $100 for what sounds (from other posts) a poor to average service)

Can''t even listen on the radio... we do get a 30 minute highlights package on Foxtel (30 min for all Championship games)

I''d really like a way to listen live... the best I get is ESPN gamecast... little yellow dots for shots