Sign in to follow this  
Boogle

WHY HAVE THREADS BEEN EDITED/DELETED???

Have not been on here for a bit, but after trying to catch up with where i left off  and im starting to get the impression that some posts have been deleted and edited in some cases.

People respond to posts that i cant even find, its as if someone is trying to remove them from memory.

Is there a reason for this?

It seems mainly to stem from the anti delia posts and generally where any debate gets a bit heated and sections i recall seeing on there seem to have gone walkies or am i just going mad??? Maybe its the drugs my dad took in the 60s?

Is it just anti Delia posters having there posts edited as this creates a very 1 sided forum and defeats the whole point.

If this is the case could the web team explain why?

any thread deeme inappropriate will be edited / removedDont like it? Start your own forum.......

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]These are not the droids you are looking for.................Move along.

[/quote]

hehehe classic post PYRO!!!  [Y]

[quote user="Spilt Diesel"]any thread deeme inappropriate will be edited / removed

Dont like it? Start your own forum.......
[/quote]

Did i say i dont like it?

I asked why!

See Web team- Vinces comments on the thread: my problems with the board part 2 { page 5 }. Says it all that even the web team believe some crap accusations by fellow posters and choose to prevent posts so you only get one side of the argument across. Me thinks they are too scared  to ruin relations with the club, same as the EDP, Evening News, Neil Adams etc. Oh we cant possibley criticise the board now can we or we must be the same person.

"I''m still trying to work from Arthur Whittle''s post if he is Cluck, or it''s just plain sarcasm.

But we''re aware that some of this is becoming tiresome and have rejected some posts today."

Notice posts mocking the state of my health were allowed to slip the net though, funny that!

ive had it done to me millo. Im interested in what constitutes inappropriate as it seems that some of my delia remarks come into this. Dont suppose we will ever know though. Never mind each to this own.

This is a prime example of why this forum is the best in the whole wide world.

Yes, I used a pattern of three to emphasise that this is indeed- The best forum in the whole wide world.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

See Web team- Vinces comments on the thread: my problems with the board part 2 { page 5 }. Says it all that even the web team believe some crap accusations by fellow posters and choose to prevent posts so you only get one side of the argument across. Me thinks they are too scared  to ruin relations with the club, same as the EDP, Evening News, Neil Adams etc. Oh we cant possibley criticise the board now can we or we must be the same person.

"I''m still trying to work from Arthur Whittle''s post if he is Cluck, or it''s just plain sarcasm.

But we''re aware that some of this is becoming tiresome and have rejected some posts today."

Notice posts mocking the state of my health were allowed to slip the net though, funny that!

[/quote]

Here we go, "the mods are against me", "it''s a conspiracy to stop us criticising the board". Pathetic! At least Wiz continues to post some interesting stuff that provokes debate amongst amongst his many conspiracy theories. Talking of Wiz, have a look back through posts from him or Cluck or Smudger. They''ve posted stuff that is extremely critical of the board and it''s all been allowed.

Perhaps the mods cut some of your posts because they were repetitive and boring. Or perhaps they got fed up with you wasting everybody time by starting threads inviting questions that you had no intention of answering. Or perhaps they''re part of the reptillian conspiracy and only your brave questioning can save all humans from being terminated by lizard overlords led by Queen Delia......in which case I apologise oh great one.

By the way I''ve got really bad hay fever today.......mock away cruel posters!

I''m sure we could all recall a time when a post we thought was perfectly reasonable has been removed.  One of mine got published, then removed later, making all subsequent replies nonsensical... still think the moderators were being harsh on that one, it was just a joke... [:P]Funnily enough, though, the only ones to have so far brought this up as a major issue are the ones who constantly bleat on about the same topic over and over and over and over (like a monkey with a miniature cymbal).  If you changed the record from time to time, your posts wouldn''t be "tiresome"... oh, and answering the questions you set up an entire thread for wouldn''t go amiss either...

[quote user="Millo"]

Have not been on here for a bit, but after trying to catch up with where i left off  and im starting to get the impression that some posts have been deleted and edited in some cases.

People respond to posts that i cant even find, its as if someone is trying to remove them from memory.

Is there a reason for this?

It seems mainly to stem from the anti delia posts and generally where any debate gets a bit heated and sections i recall seeing on there seem to have gone walkies or am i just going mad??? Maybe its the drugs my dad took in the 60s?

Is it just anti Delia posters having there posts edited as this creates a very 1 sided forum and defeats the whole point.

If this is the case could the web team explain why?

[/quote]

I am sure it''s just simply a case of  the webteam have guidelines on how to moderate.  No doubt each mod will interpret these guildines differently to the others.  There is no consipiracy, just differing levels of tolerance amongst the mods on what should be allowed and what shouldn''t.

Carrying on from my earlier post...

[quote user="Millo"]

It seems mainly to stem from the anti delia posts and generally where

any debate gets a bit heated and sections i recall seeing on

there seem to have gone walkies or am i just going

mad???[/quote]

Why can''t both these options be happening?  Just because someone has a mortal enemy doesn''t mean they aren''t paranoid.

As to one sidedness I can see what gives you that impression - many

anti-delia posters start threads about it and then can''t answer the

questions they are asked so run away and hide in another thread. 

For example in Arthur Wittle''s Part 2 it may look like his answers were

deleted - they wern''t, they were never there.

[quote user="7rew"]Carrying on from my earlier post...

[quote user="Millo"]
It seems mainly to stem from the anti delia posts and generally where any debate gets a bit heated and sections i recall seeing on there seem to have gone walkies or am i just going mad???[/quote]

Why can''t both these options be happening?  Just because someone has a mortal enemy doesn''t mean they aren''t paranoid.

As to one sidedness I can see what gives you that impression - many anti-delia posters start threads about it and then can''t answer the questions they are asked so run away and hide in another thread.  For example in Arthur Wittle''s Part 2 it may look like his answers were deleted - they wern''t, they were never there.
[/quote]

This is kind of my point. Has Arthur answered questions that havent been put on here for legal reasons?

There are other threads { non Delia } that i was refering to that started to spill out into all out war, that seem to have gone missing. I think maybe its because they get too personal, but like arthur said someone was allowed to make fun out of the poor chap having a stroke and thats clearly not on.

Just wondered if posts had been put on but latter removed as this would explain why some posts dont make any sense.

As for the Delia thing, ive not decided where my opinion lies but if mr whittle is having his answers edited it then allows people to get the chance to slate him for not answering the questions they put to him and vice versa.

*This is kind of my point. 

I don''t think it is you know - Read it again.  I thought I made precisely the opposite point to your one.

*Has Arthur answered questions that havent been put on here for legal reasons?

Nope - He just hasn''t answered any of the questions that were put.

The lack of answers can be put down to a great moderator conspiracy or

AW bottling it and not producing answers.  I know which one I

think is more likely. 

If it is a great moderator consiparcy, why start immeadiately?  In that case why let any of Arthurs posts through? 

If you were Arthur why not complain in other posts?  Or try to

write some answers which would pass moderation rather than alluding to

not having answers in another thread (Convince me to love Delia)

You will never ever convince me that this forum is one sided in any

biased sense. If it was biased towards the "Pro-Delia" portions of this

board (as you seem to be suggesting) then there wouldn''t be so many

conversations on the subject of the board as they get very boring.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

[/quote]

Yep - spot on. Those Fan''s Eye columnists and the likes of Richard Balls are so in bed with the club it''s untrue.

(And yes, AW - this is sarcasm.)

[quote user="7rew"]*This is kind of my point. 
I don''t think it is you know - Read it again.  I thought I made precisely the opposite point to your one.

*Has Arthur answered questions that havent been put on here for legal reasons?

Nope - He just hasn''t answered any of the questions that were put. The lack of answers can be put down to a great moderator conspiracy or AW bottling it and not producing answers.  I know which one I think is more likely. 

If it is a great moderator consiparcy, why start immeadiately?  In that case why let any of Arthurs posts through? 
If you were Arthur why not complain in other posts?  Or try to write some answers which would pass moderation rather than alluding to not having answers in another thread (Convince me to love Delia)

You will never ever convince me that this forum is one sided in any biased sense. If it was biased towards the "Pro-Delia" portions of this board (as you seem to be suggesting) then there wouldn''t be so many conversations on the subject of the board as they get very boring.

[/quote]

look im not being funny but im starting to get the impression you are purposely trying to provoke an argument from an innocent question, one that i wont be a part of.

Read my posts again, i dont refer to just Arthur mate, im talking about posts in general being edited.

THE REST OF THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED-Web Team

[quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

Eh? No it hasn''t, you typed that yourself...

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Called a joke.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

[quote user="Millo"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Something tells me Puberty is starting and Millo''s blaming the Web-Team...

[quote user="7rew"]   

You will never ever convince me that this forum is one sided in any biased sense. If it was biased towards the "Pro-Delia" portions of this board (as you seem to be suggesting) then there wouldn''t be so many conversations on the subject of the board as they get very boring.

[/quote]

you are putting words in my mouth pal. Im not "suggesting" its one sided, im asking what gets edited?

Neither am i trying to convince you this forum is biased. Dont play make believe with my posts to suit your own attempts to create unneccesary arguments.

The way you pick small sections of posts rather than the whole one itself is your personal form of editing it to support your own drab pointless row that you seem detemined to start.

Jesus, this country!

Dont mind 7REW Millo. His only purpose in life is to create arguments from nothing. Whatever turns you on 7rew. Yes a lot of my posts were not printed. Why? Ask the web team. Yes i feel that through not posting my replys to questions the web team failed me my right to freedom of speech and either intentionally or not made it seem as if i was ignoring questions.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Dont mind 7REW Millo. His only purpose in life is to create arguments from nothing. Whatever turns you on 7rew. Yes a lot of my posts were not printed. Why? Ask the web team. Yes i feel that through not posting my replys to questions the web team failed me my right to freedom of speech and either intentionally or not made it seem as if i was ignoring questions.[/quote]Freedom of speech is just around the corner!In other words, p*** off to norwichcity-mad.co.uk if you don''t believe the web team are fair, because, to everyone else they seem to be!