Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Why would we want Coyne

I have to admit he wouldn''t be my first choice. Or probably fourth...

And surely he isn''t Wales No.1 anymore?

The only reason I can think we are being liked with Danny Coyne is he a half decent keeper who wouldnt demand much in wages, unlike Warner.  Grant probably only wants a GK for next season and then he will be looking at blooding Joe Lewis after that so seems pointless to spend a lot of money on a goalie i.e. Marshall, when we have a very good prospect about to break through.

It makes sense.

Lewis has signed a three year deal. I guess he''ll probably spend some of next season on loan somewhere with, for example, Coyne as no.1 choice with an experienced free/Bosman coming in as no.2.

Lewis is obviously being groomed as ultimately our 1st choice keeper, so it doesn''t make much sense for us to be looking to get Marshall back, or trying for Grant before he signed for QPR. Coyne could have 1, 2 seasons as our no.1 before Lewis eventually gets his chance and thus becomes no.1 himself.

Perhap Coyne is highly recommended by a fellow Welshman with our squad...

It''s pretty obvious in my opinion. Coyne could be No 3 choice, Lewis No 2 and either Warner or Marshall as No 1. With Gallacher hopefully on the way out it would make sense.

lets not get carried away, 1st its an agent talking, and they love to do that!

second remember sunderland got promoted with a team lower than thems 3rd choice keeper!!  he might be pretty good, Darren ward never played for us really, and look at him now.  so unless anyone has seen him we cant be sure, but signing him in my opinion would be a massive boost to lewis!

Whats with all this we need a cheap old hand experianced keeper. If PG had used his loaf we could have played Lewis at the end of the last season when we were safe so that the pressure was off him.

Whats happened to finding another Gunny, a 33 year old in the twilight of his years (cue Dion replies) is not looking to the future.

hes experianced and an international.. he could come as either number 1 or number 2 and its someone for Lewis to learn from... not a fan of his given his past record though....

jas :)

I''m pretty sure this is the agent talking it up.

IMO we go and get Marshall, and we should make a bold move as soon as possible.

Lewis should then go out on loan for the whole of next season to a League 1 side. Win-win situation.

Lewis was on loan at Stockport at the end of this season - with pressure on, going for playoff places (got within 5 minutes of them as well).  so grant did you his loaf!