Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

The fall and fall of Phil Mulryne

Released by Leyton Orient this time. Not that it''s a particularly comforting observation for him, but you have to say, with the odd exception (e.g. haynes), we seem to be making the right decisions when it comes to releasing players - they tend to head down the leagues pretty rapidly. Maybe we''re even haning on to them for too long!What do we think the chances are for Ryan Jarvis coming back? He hasn''t scored for ages for the Os i''ve noticed...

[quote user="a1canary"]Released by Leyton Orient this time. Not that it''s a particularly comforting observation for him, but you have to say, with the odd exception (e.g. haynes), we seem to be making the right decisions when it comes to releasing players - they tend to head down the leagues pretty rapidly. Maybe we''re even haning on to them for too long!

What do we think the chances are for Ryan Jarvis coming back? He hasn''t scored for ages for the Os i''ve noticed...
[/quote]

Or you can look at it in another perspective........we are an average side who employ average playing staff - who, when their performances fall below average, they''re then released to below average sides - where they still can''t cut the average mustard.

Reading through the various Orient related sites :-

Phil Mulryne''s  performances it seems provoked comments like, " fit as a lard sandwich " and  "never a first team player with no potential to be one" .

Obviously he has not changed a lot and has made no apparent effort to improve himself.

The Orient manager said that he was "not hopeful that Norwich would want to  let Jarvis go", which indicates perhaps that he was interested, although he didn''t exactly say so .

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Fall suggests he ever had a rise. I never thought he was anything but mediocre for Norwich.[/quote]

Bit harsh as he looked a very good player before he had a serious injury soon after joining us, admittedly that wasn''t for long though obviously.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Fall suggests he ever had a rise. I never thought he was anything but mediocre for Norwich.[/quote]

Bit harsh as he looked a very good player before he had a serious injury soon after joining us, admittedly that wasn''t for long though obviously.

[/quote]

agreed, i was there the day he got injured, i think it was Birminghams Damien Johnson that caused it?. i was in the upper River and could hear his pain, its probably the worst injury ive seen in the flesh, the mans leg was all over the place, not to mention his blood. i think the ref even judged it as a fair challenge too. he was never going to stick a leg in anywhere after that.

[quote user="FormallyGreenoForEngland"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

agreed, i was there the day he got injured, i think it was Birminghams Damien Johnson that caused it?. i was in the upper River and could hear his pain, its probably the worst injury ive seen in the flesh, the mans leg was all over the place, not to mention his blood. i think the ref even judged it as a fair challenge too. he was never going to stick a leg in anywhere after that.

[/quote]

I think it was Christian Dailly that did the damage. Shame as we all know what he was capable of on his day.

From Man U it does tend to go downhill tho!

[quote user="FormallyGreenoForEngland"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

it was Blackburn and it was Christian Dailly, Johnson would of been in nappies at the time!

jas :)

He could take a decent free kick though and in the Championship winning season he scored some very vital goals.

Sad to see how he appears to have p*ssed his career away. Are you watching Paul McVeigh?

Because it was he who got sent off for jabbing the world''s finest right-back in the stomach when we were lucky enough to see Helveg in the yellow and green.

Why all the gloating! Phil was an excellent player before his sickening injury, I was on the listening on the radio and Matt Jackson who was doing the co-commentry with Roy Waller left his post to make sure he was alright. After his injury he was still a very good player but I think one who was just happy to be playing football. 

Also given his replacement was Andy "500,000" Hughes I know who I''d rather have in central midfield - since being released by Norwich he has been pretty unlucky he looked a dead cert for a place in the Cardiff team but he had a sersious injury a couple of weeks into the season ( I think) by then Koumas had arrived. Without a way back into the team in the middle of the season he was released but got injured again next season, lost a deal a Oldham due to the change in Manager and wasn''t deemed fit enough for a relegation battle at LEyton Orient.