Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Adam Drury - The Quiet Legend.

Drury has expressed his loyalty and love of the Club and wants to sign a new contract.

This is the much criticised for lack of demonstrativeness on the pitch, son of Worthy, can''t tackle captain who should be replaced according to some.

But he is our quiet legend who will rack up a significant number of games to be one of our longest serving players before he retires; who lifted the Championship trophy; who gets up from and recovers from injuries like no other player at the Club; who has done sterling work as a full back compensating his reputation for the side in having Hucks in front of him leaving him exposed; who would walk into most Championship teams; who is low maintenance off the pitch as he is a sure pro and who basically just gets on and does a job for us a la Dave Stringer.

Good on you, Adam; you are truly the type of Club player every side needs. May we prosper with you.

Personally I think he has had a shocker of a season, cost us a few cheap goals and is poor coming forward, looks like he is losing his pace and stamina a bit to.  One more year and then cheerio in my opinion.  And he is not a captain.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

Drury has expressed his loyalty and love of the Club and wants to sign a new contract.

This is the much criticised for lack of demonstrativeness on the pitch, son of Worthy, can''t tackle captain who should be replaced according to some.

But he is our quiet legend who will rack up a significant number of games to be one of our longest serving players before he retires; who lifted the Championship trophy; who gets up from and recovers from injuries like no other player at the Club; who has done sterling work as a full back compensating his reputation for the side in having Hucks in front of him leaving him exposed; who would walk into most Championship teams; who is low maintenance off the pitch as he is a sure pro and who basically just gets on and does a job for us a la Dave Stringer.

Good on you, Adam; you are truly the type of Club player every side needs. May we prosper with you.

[/quote]

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

no he hasnt! he has said if the club isnt progressing next season he might swan off! read the interview again... he is basically saying "yeh i''ll show loyalty to the club as long as they get instant success and if they dont im not sitting around Waiting".

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

[/quote]

no he hasnt! he has said if the club isnt progressing next season he might swan off! read the interview again... he is basically saying "yeh i''ll show loyalty to the club as long as they get instant success and if they dont im not sitting around Waiting".

[/quote]

he is basically saying he wants to play for a club with ambition like any player would

i really hope he signs a new deal as the defence is an even bigger shambles when he is out of the side

I read that slightly less cynically - I''ll sign if there is a commitment from the manager and board to push for promotion.  But that''s as much down to the players we have here as the players we bring in.  If Drury wants to challenge for promotion, he''ll have to raise his game.

Drury is a good championship left back - we have other more pressing areas to improve on.

Having hucks infront of anyone must try their patience defensively wise as we generally let him wander off upfront to do what he does best leaving drury exposed (i''ve often compared hucks to ronaldinho as neither can defend for toffee but so far i have found no takers at uni)

good player has a few more seasons left in him

[quote user="spud nud"]he best left back outside the premier league!!!!![/quote]

Makes you wonder why no Prem team has ever come in for him if this is so. He may be the best left back at the club but thats not saying much is it.

Drury is a steady player who will do a good job in the championship, before we get rid of players of Drury who will do a good job for us we need to sort out the areas where we aren''t good enough

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="spud nud"]he best left back outside the premier league!!!!![/quote]

says who?

[/quote]That oracle of all things football, Barry Fry of course!

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

says who?

[/quote]

That oracle of all things football, Barry Fry of course!
[/quote]

most people laugh at what he says....

If you want to evaluate Drury then just look at performances when he is absent.

How many good Norwich performances can anyone name without Drury....the side just loses balance.

As for the contract stuff he was basically saying performance and potential meant more to him than money.

Over the last few seasons Norwch have struggled to find good full backs and good full backs are the essence of a good side as were Culverhouse and Bowen.

I am astounded at how low Drury is valued.

You obviously havent seen Gareth Bale play then?

He is streets above Drury!!

Keep Drury, get Tony Capaldi on a free from Plymouth, and Bob could very well be your uncle.

Clearly Barry''s comments aren''t as apt as they were at the time, but we have a decent left back at the club and he needs some serious competition rather than just being replaced himself.

Focus minds people, it''s other areas of the side which need attention first and we really need to add to the squad rather than replace (given those whose contracts have run out will be leaving).

It also seems to me that the Doc will definitely be here next season, according to PG''s comments on the RickWaghorn site. Same case again - get another centre back for competition. Get them all fit. Then decide on a settled first choice partnership (and replace anyone whose performance level drops) 

point well made rude old.  am pleased drury has decided to stay with city - although as with many of the city team, he''s not been his absolute best this season.  am hopin he can bounceback next season.interesting that he should declare he only wants to play for an ambitious side - and was waiting for confirmation of this from grant - hinting imo that tougher financial conditions possibly lie ahead with the loss of the parachute payment.