Sign in to follow this  
Notts Canary

City and the Norfolk Senior Cup

See that those down the road have opted to field a reserve team and have got to the final in the suffolk version. I would personally like Norwich to enter the Norfolk version. Think it would be really good for our team to play more competitive matches and generate a bit of local interest.

Might give us a chance to win something aswell!!!

Anyone know why we don''t enter?

Why not enter the first team? It''s about the only competition we''d have a chance of winning (though not sure I''d even be too confident of that...)

Great PR opportunity and allows the local clubs to play at Carrow Road and it supplements the Reserve games. Far to sensible idea for Grant to consider and it gives him no publicity?

[quote user="Hump"]Great PR opportunity and allows the local clubs to play at Carrow Road and it supplements the Reserve games. Far to sensible idea for Grant to consider and it gives him no publicity?[/quote]

How exactly is that Grant''s fault?  He wasn''t even at the club at the start of the season, and has probably not even been asked about it yet.  Seems a bit premature to be using this as a stick to beat him with.

great idear for more reserve games...

imagine someone like Earnie coming back from Long term injury and playing in a game for the reserves! he''d beat them on his own!

jas :)

Any stick I can find will do until he shuts up and gets on with the job. Fed up listening to his views on everything and nothing

[quote user="Hump"]

Any stick I can find will do until he shuts up and gets on with the job. Fed up listening to his views on everything and nothing

[/quote]Yes hoe dare a football manager have opinions about football! It''s a disgrace! come on mate give the guy a chance. Let''s see how next season starts before we judge him, eh? Or are you one of the glory hunters who''ve only been coming in the last five years and seem to think we have a divine right to premiership football!

[quote user="Grando"]Why not enter the first team? It''s about the only competition we''d have a chance of winning (though not sure I''d even be too confident of that...)[/quote]

No me neither Grando!!!

[quote user="sagey25"][quote user="Hump"]

[/quote]
Yes hoe dare a football manager have opinions about football! It''s a disgrace! come on mate give the guy a chance. Let''s see how next season starts before we judge him, eh? Or are you one of the glory hunters who''ve only been coming in the last five years and seem to think we have a divine right to premiership football!
[/quote]

I would listen all day if he talked abit of sense and sometimes took abit of blame when we lose, after all he sends the team out.

I reckon we''ll still be getting this "give Grant a chance" bilge from the CR "luvvies" in two years time at this rate.  I''ve seen enough already to decide that he is tactically inept...fatally prone to favouritism...a yes man of the highest order... a gob the size of the Blackwall Tunnel and an skewed eye for talent exceeded only by Bad Billy No-Face the Mexican candle juggler.

Of all of the talented young managers out there at the time...only Delia Smith could have "headhunted" such a dour and ineffective leader of men like him. The likely truth is that it was only because she was taller than him that he got the job.

[quote user="Cluck "]

I reckon we''ll still be getting this "give Grant a chance" bilge from the CR "luvvies" in two years time at this rate.  I''ve seen enough already to decide that he is tactically inept...fatally prone to favouritism...a yes man of the highest order... a gob the size of the Blackwall Tunnel and an skewed eye for talent exceeded only by Bad Billy No-Face the Mexican candle juggler.

Of all of the talented young managers out there at the time...only Delia Smith could have "headhunted" such a dour and ineffective leader of men like him. The likely truth is that it was only because she was taller than him that he got the job.

[/quote]

Absolute drivel, and no relevance whatsoever to the thread title.  You must be proud of yourself.......

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]Play whichever team you like in the senior cup, you''ll never prize it away from the mighty Dereham Town F.C !!!![/quote]

Thought Dereham Town FC were the ex Norwich City Reserves (Adam Gusterson, Danny Self, OllieWillis, Nicky Howell, Sam Willis)!!!

Guess there must be a few local teams who have connections to Norwich, could add bit of extra spice! Norwich could also use the games as an opportunity to scout local players and form better links with local clubs.