Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

Kris renton good or not?

What does everyone make of young boy kris renton hey? He looks like a good young talent! What do you lot think?

Thanks for asking Kris.

I''m sure you''ll do well but it was a little difficult to make a decision on your performance as you were only on the pitch for about 2 minutes.

I used to tok 2 him when he was playing with musselburgh,

He was great up here, and can only get better down there with professional coaching,

give him a chance.

what do u think of him?

[quote user="jetstream"]Thanks for asking Kris. I''m sure you''ll do well but it was a little difficult to make a decision on your performance as you were only on the pitch for about 2 minutes.[/quote]

I had the same thought!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i think he will be playing for gorleston in 2 years and we will all be thinking Kris who? :p

jas :)

[/quote]

Martin Peters played for Gorleston, I''ll have you know jas.[:D]

And Dave Stringer.[:D]

And Sailor Brown.................[:)]

Take no notice of them young Kris, and keep your head screwed on on and your eye firmly on the ball.

OTBC

I think rather than put him in the 1st team Squad he needs to play and score goals at Youth and Reserve Level which as yet he has failed to do.I believe that Grant has used him as a Publicity stunt to promote what he is doing for the Youth and it may backfire when the boy actually plays. I have watched all Reserve games this year at Home and cannot remember him even playing let alone standing out. On Saturday Cave -Brown should have come on not Renton,it sends out the wrong message in my opinion. As for how good he is when i see him play i will comment.

I think him being Scottish helps but so is Cave Brown so there goes that theory

To be fair I think Chris Martin barely played a reserve gaem before stepping up and none of us regret that.

Given the atrocious quality of our reserve "league" its arguable that scoring for the academy team is a bigger achievement and I suspect Grant feels the same.

Just a reminder if you want to know more about the youngest player to pull on a Norwich shirt, you can take a look at the programme on this weekend against Ipswich Town, I am sure Kris Renton will have a longer blog about his debut.

[quote user="mat gore"]

To be fair I think Chris Martin barely played a reserve gaem before stepping up and none of us regret that.

Given the atrocious quality of our reserve "league" its arguable that scoring for the academy team is a bigger achievement and I suspect Grant feels the same.

[/quote]Martin did not play many reserve games indeed, it is split almost evenly between the under 18s or whatever it is, and the reserve teambut the most astonishing figure he has maintained is his goal ratio of about one goal to every two teams     - then he came into the first team and maintained that level of performance!

So glad we have kept hold of this lad.

Chris Martin had a record behind him of scoring and playing in Reserve games for over three years.Renton is light years away from a Chris Martin 

[quote user="AJ"][quote user="mat gore"]

[/quote]

Martin did not play many reserve games indeed, it is split almost evenly between the under 18s or whatever it is, and the reserve team

but the most astonishing figure he has maintained is his goal ratio of about one goal to every two teams

- then he came into the first team and maintained that level of performance!

So glad we have kept hold of this lad.
[/quote]

Martin did not score many for reserves but if you look at the FONCY website, he scored regularly for the youth team in last 2 seasons. He had potential

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i think he will be playing for gorleston in 2 years and we will all be thinking Kris who? :p

[/quote]

I am sure you are joking Jas because I believe you are a good guy but even so, don''t you think that this is a bit harsh for a 16 year old boy who has just achieved the dream????

How do you know he hasn''t read this???   Would you really want him to????

Come on guys, he is a kid playing for our team.....whether he is Bellamy or Adrian Forbes......can''t we be positive at this point and be pleased for him???????

Give the boy till the end of next season, y put down a 16 year old playing for your club, he must have something gd if he is reaching the bench, just remember he wos only picked up this year.

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I am sure you are joking Jas because I believe you are a good guy but even so, don''t you think that this is a bit harsh for a 16 year old boy who has just achieved the dream????

How do you know he hasn''t read this???   Would you really want him to????

Come on guys, he is a kid playing for our team.....whether he is Bellamy or Adrian Forbes......can''t we be positive at this point and be pleased for him???????

[/quote]

i am joking of course.. hope he does well.. be it here or at another club..there was an interview in 4-4-2 rcently with Zinedine Zidane i think,, he said that 95% of youth players never play professionally... a statement Echoed by Kevin Keegan a few years back... Kris is in the 5%... lets hope that he doesnt end up out of the game...

[quote user="Stevie-Devine"]Give the boy till the end of next season, y put down a 16 year old playing for your club, he must have something gd if he is reaching the bench, just remember he wos only picked up this year.[/quote]

We have nothiong to lose from now until the end of the season, a very good chance to test the kids, and maybe prepare for next season