Guys has anyone thought of getting maybe Mikell Forsell in from Birmingham? I know he has been injured but I thought he was match fit by now and thought he may be a good addition albeit maybe only short term?

How about a striker maybe Zamora on loan from West Ham there not exactly short of strikers are they?

Also what really annoys me is that Grant says they are trying to get loan players in but teams around us are constantly making loan signings, Ipswich, Hull, Stoke with Jon Parkin? Arsenal or Chelsea must have a youngster or 10 they can lend us?

not sure how we manage to miss out on so many loan signings who are going to improve the team... mmmm....those financial constraints maybe?

About Zamora. never - there is more chance of us getting automatic promotion. But someone of his "ilk".

I notice McSheffrey is banned tonight.

I know that they play him left wing, but with him, Cameron Jerome, Mikael Forsell, and Rowan Vine, they have a capable strikeforce that is enough to keep them in the premier league. Puts us to shame really, when you think of our strikers as Earnie and Chris Martin. Maybe Hucks in his best postition also.

(By strikers, I mean people who can out the ball in the net on a regular basis, thus excluding McVeigh, Thorne, and Brown). Jarvis has never had any games to prove himself, and Hendo is always stuck out wide right, so cant really judge them......

Didnt the scum sign Francis Jeffers? Hmmm, yeah I am also angry at Grant for not making these kind of signings.SORT IT OUT GRANT!!!!!

if granty and the city board are serious about gaining promotion next year, and securing our champs status, then quite rightly you''d expect city to be taking another couple of players on loan - if only to see how they''d perform in midfield/defence etc.  grant must know in his mind, who''s going and who''s staying.doesn''t it make sense to get the right guys in now, bed them in for the rest of this season, and we ready to hit the ground running next season?

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]if granty and the city board are serious about gaining promotion next year, and securing our champs status, then quite rightly you''d expect city to be taking another couple of players on loan - if only to see how they''d perform in midfield/defence etc.  grant must know in his mind, who''s going and who''s staying.

doesn''t it make sense to get the right guys in now, bed them in for the rest of this season, and we ready to hit the ground running next season?

[/quote]

hehehe don''t you realise that we will only spend a few hundred thousand tops again prior to the next transfer window being slammed shut at the end of August???

Grant has probably been told if you want money to spend you must raise that money through selling players (and if that player goes for more than £1million we will have half of that back immediately to buy a new boiler, pay off debts or building off-field infrsatructure etc).

Why does everyone "expect" Grant to go back to West Ham for a player or two?

Perhaps he knows something about their players that we all don''t!

Perhaps their league position hasnt come as a surprise to him?

I wouldnt like norwich to loan any players unless it was with a view for a permanent transfer. Otherwise a complete waste of money. We aren''t going down or up. The amount of money we wasted last year on players such as Rehman i believe seriously dented our transfer budget last summer

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]''Didnt the scum sign Francis Jeffers?''

He is now injured and heading back to Blackburn - just when it looked like he was doing something positive again in his career![/quote]

am i the only one who finds this funny.. ?

jas :)

I agree with Master J. We are all but mathmatically safe from relegation now, so any loan must be with a view to next season. So much money was wasted on unsuccesful loans and especially agents fees, no more please unless there is a decent prospect of a permanent transfer at the end of it.

Smudger, you do realise we are in the process of reducing our wage bill and expenses because of losing parachute payments next year? You do know how big our current wage bill is? Do you think that its only the transfer fee that counts?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]''Didnt the scum sign Francis Jeffers?''

He is now injured and heading back to Blackburn - just when it looked like he was doing something positive again in his career![/quote]

am i the only one who finds this funny.. ?

jas :)

[/quote]

Nope... [:P]

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I wouldnt like norwich to loan any players unless it was with a view for a permanent transfer. Otherwise a complete waste of money. We aren''t going down or up. The amount of money we wasted last year on players such as Rehman i believe seriously dented our transfer budget last summer
[/quote]

Spot on, there''s really very little point in us loaning in any players now unless we''re intending to sign them at the end of the season. It''s just a drain on our resources which are already going to be strached next year due to the loss of parachute payments.

Some people will see this as a lack of ambition, I think it''s perfectly sensible.

[quote user="Putney Canary"]

I agree with Master J. We are all but mathmatically safe from relegation now, so any loan must be with a view to next season. So much money was wasted on unsuccesful loans and especially agents fees, no more please unless there is a decent prospect of a permanent transfer at the end of it.

Smudger, you do realise we are in the process of reducing our wage bill and expenses because of losing parachute payments next year? You do know how big our current wage bill is? Do you think that its only the transfer fee that counts?

[/quote]I love it when people agree with me. Seriously though, i can''t really see many options in the transfer market right now that make it a sensible move to take them on board. Is there any players that take anyones fancy who would be realistic candidates for transfer?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I wouldnt like norwich to loan any players unless it was with a view for a permanent transfer. Otherwise a complete waste of money. We aren''t going down or up. The amount of money we wasted last year on players such as Rehman i believe seriously dented our transfer budget last summer[/quote]

Spot on, there''s really very little point in us loaning in any players now unless we''re intending to sign them at the end of the season. It''s just a drain on our resources which are already going to be strached next year due to the loss of parachute payments.

Some people will see this as a lack of ambition, I think it''s perfectly sensible.

[/quote]Crouch was a good short term loan, so it shows it can be done.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]if granty and the city board are serious about gaining promotion next year, and securing our champs status, then quite rightly you''d expect city to be taking another couple of players on loan - if only to see how they''d perform in midfield/defence etc.  grant must know in his mind, who''s going and who''s staying.doesn''t it make sense to get the right guys in now, bed them in for the rest of this season, and we ready to hit the ground running next season?

[/quote]

hehehe don''t you realise that we will only spend a few hundred thousand tops again prior to the next transfer window being slammed shut at the end of August???

Grant has probably been told if you want money to spend you must raise that money through selling players (and if that player goes for more than £1million we will have half of that back immediately to buy a new boiler, pay off debts or building off-field infrsatructure etc).

[/quote]sure, that''s why i said if the city board are serious!!???  too often, the manager identifies ''targets'' who come to nothing, and then we''re scrabbling around at the end of  the  window, picking up the scraps.   in the prem, worthy said city wouldn''t pay silly money for strikers, so we got the doc to play up front, and then we signed deano in jan, who nearly saved us.  what if we''d signed deano in august????the wiining formular for our promotion was extra investment via a share issue - prudence before ambition got us relegated and has failed to gain us promotion.  we''re better than back to square one, but i''d love to see some more money invested again.

Loans are only useful at this stage of the season to cover for injuries or help boost the squad for a promotion charge or relegation scrap as its now unlikely we will be involved in  the latter I would prefere Grant to use the players hes got and some of the young lads as he must be trying to shape his ideal squad for next season , while new faces for next season is a must do we really want another Rehmann or Johansonn hanging round til the end of the season earning fairly high wages ?

[quote user="Canaries Canary"][quote user="Shack Attack"]

[quote user="Master J-Do Pur"]I wouldnt like norwich to loan any players unless it was with a view for a permanent transfer. Otherwise a complete waste of money. We aren''t going down or up. The amount of money we wasted last year on players such as Rehman i believe seriously dented our transfer budget last summer[/quote]

[/quote]Crouch was a good short term loan, so it shows it can be done.[/quote]We loaned Crouch and also Harper in september to give our promotion chances a massive push. We are now in march with us not going into a relegation scrap or promotion charge so i just dont think there is any point. As previously stated by someone i would like to see a few youngsters given a chance a bit later on when it is mathmatics that says we aren''t going down. People like Eagle, Spillane and Lewis should be given a chance. Wouldn''t harm them.