Sign in to follow this  
AP16

What would you put in Room 101?

[quote user="Cluck "]

Now....they don''t teach you plain common sense like that in Uuuuuuuniversity do they? Save the planet with an erergy saving  light bulb maybe.... but the realities of life are only learned in the wider world.

[/quote]How would you know what they teach at university? You didn''t go did you? "Plain common sense" just means anything I can think of without education, marvellous, like the earth is flat for instance?

Your not allowed behind the wheel of a car if you can''t use indicators

correctly.  Doing it on a roundabout is a major fault doing it on

the test, elsewhere it a minor.  One of the (many) resaons I

failed my first test.

Can I add to the drivers with people that don''t understand lanes on

roundabouts.  When driving in Yarmouth/Lowestoft I play a game

called roundabout rushin roulette (RRR) which is to approach a

roundabout on the A12 dual carridgeway in the fast lane, and see if the

guy in the slow lane drifts across so as to try and push you into the

central island. It happens about half the time. NB make sure you have

good breaks.

come to think of it Manchester Bus Drivers would be another category,

on average 2 try to kill me every day (my fault for cycling up oxford

road I expect).

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Cluck "]

Now....they don''t teach you plain common sense like that in Uuuuuuuniversity do they? Save the planet with an erergy saving  light bulb maybe.... but the realities of life are only learned in the wider world.

[/quote]

How would you know what they teach at university? You didn''t go did you? "Plain common sense" just means anything I can think of without education, marvellous, like the earth is flat for instance?
[/quote]

Like I said earlier...I''m bored with winding up the kiddies now......[:)]

Cluck wrote "Like I said earlier...I''m bored with winding up the kiddies now......"

Its not winding me up. To be honest, it is a bit like having a pantomime baddie about[:)]. I assume you''ll be doing the Christmas circuit this year ?? Boooooooo - Cluck''s behind you ! [:D] ....exit stage left......  

macdougall''s perm"

Cluck wrote "Like I said earlier...I''m bored with winding up the kiddies now......"

Its not winding me up. To be honest, it is a bit like having a pantomime baddie about[:)]. I assume you''ll be doing the Christmas circuit this year ?? Boooooooo - Cluck''s behind you ! [:D] ....exit stage left......  

Macd honeybunch...I''m glad at least you''ve realised what was going on.         [:)]

"I''m right to infinity"....and still they kept biting?  Somehow I think Mello, YC and a few other heavyweights would have given me a serious roasting well before now had they not easily sussed it out.....but like I''ve said already...enough is definately enough......

It was good fun though.           [B]

[quote user="Herb"]ChavsMac users (smug, and invariably clueless)[/quote]Yes totally agree! God know what they''ve got to be smug about, bloody micky mouse computer.

* Agreeing with the motorist complaints, so many idiots on the road but my main annoyance (through no fault of their own mind you) -  Tractors, so very slow and what was a nice cruise to work turns into a manic dash because you spent ten minutes following a tractor

* Sunday league footballers who take the game too seriously and turn it into a battlezone. Whilst the sport isnt a fairy sport is there really any need to attempt to ruin my life by jumping in two footed at knee height jus cos i made u look foolish a few times.

* People who cant seem to understand what an opinion actually is and spend hours arguing that your opinion is wrong

* Compensation culture - just when you think that they cant get any worse you hear of another silly case story, next they will cancel any form of activity involving anythin just in case someone gets hurt and decides to sue

Would have added british weather but that would make me sound like a very old man which i certainly am not

Someone already beat me to people not indicating as they come off roundabouts so I''ll just stick pikeys in there instead. I''d also say crap, mind-numbing telly like Big Brother and X-Factor but the really sad thing is that soooo many people in this country genuinely love them. And spend money ringing in! If you''re stupid enough to ring an 0900 number to vote for an idiot you''ve never met in your life, then you deserved to be fleeced every now and again.

I would have to say, Mr Whiz, that I think that the British weather is one of the best thing about these islands. We still get seasons, it doesn''t get ridiculously hot in the summer or ridiculously cold in the winter and (despite the bullshit* proffered by various water authorities) we get enough rainfall to ensure that the land stays ''green and pleasant'' (at the moment anyway - not wishing to start another global warming ''controversy''[:)]). I personally think it would be completely crap and mind numbingly boring to live in a country which only had one ''season'' - either really hot and dry with the occasional monsoon or really freezing cold with picturesque snow which would become a really tiresome hindrance if we got it on a permanent basis. I think we are extremely lucky to live in such a temperate and seasonally varied climate. I love the arrival of Autumn and the contrast as Winter begins to give way to Spring. I have spend some quite long periods of time overseas and I (personally) missed this seasonal contrast greatly.  

*And by bullshit, I mean that a substantial proportion of the water shortages that we hear about is down to the greed and stinginess of corporate, privatised companies and their reluctance to invest properly in up to date and efficient piping networks.      

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

I would have to say, Mr Whiz, that I think that the British weather is one of the best thing about these islands. We still get seasons, it doesn''t get ridiculously hot in the summer or ridiculously cold in the winter and (despite the bullshit* proffered by various water authorities) we get enough rainfall to ensure that the land stays ''green and pleasant'' (at the moment anyway - not wishing to start another global warming ''controversy''[:)]). I personally think it would be completely crap and mind numbingly boring to live in a country which only had one ''season'' - either really hot and dry with the occasional monsoon or really freezing cold with picturesque snow which would become a really tiresome hindrance if we got it on a permanent basis. I think we are extremely lucky to live in such a temperate and seasonally varied climate. I love the arrival of Autumn and the contrast as Winter begins to give way to Spring. I have spend some quite long periods of time overseas and I (personally) missed this seasonal contrast greatly.  

*And by bullshit, I mean that a substantial proportion of the water shortages that we hear about is down to the greed and stinginess of corporate, privatised companies and their reluctance to invest properly in up to date and efficient piping networks.      

[/quote]

Well said that man! For crissake... there''s no such thing as Bad weather... [:@][:P]

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

Well said that man! For crissake... there''s no such thing as Bad weather... [:@][:P]

[/quote]

I like it when it''s cold, dark and miserable. It makes me feel like I''ve got a friend.        [Y]

Its not soo much the weather but the movement over such a short space of time, i.e. the glorious sun and reasonable temperatures the other week only for freezing temeratures and snow two days later

[quote user="Mr Whiz"]Its not soo much the weather but the movement over such a short space of time, i.e. the glorious sun and reasonable temperatures the other week only for freezing temeratures and snow two days later[/quote]

yes, that''s true, one minute my girlfriend is dressing down for the sunshine with a skimpy top and the next minute she is "smuggling peanuts" !

Cluck worte:

"I like it when it''s cold, dark and miserable. It makes me feel like I''ve got a friend."

Try Finland mate - its like that all the time.

Mr Whiz wrote "Its not soo much the weather but the movement over such a short space of time, i.e. the glorious sun and reasonable temperatures the other week only for freezing temeratures and snow two days later"

This is surely just the kind of unpredictability that we have grown accustomed to as City fans?! [:D] At least it certainly isn''t boring. [;)] 

[quote user="7rew"]Cluck worte:
"I like it when it''s cold, dark and miserable. It makes me feel like I''ve got a friend."

[/quote]

or go one better and move to the moon cluck...........please.

White van twats , you could be doing mach 2 in the Gobi desert  , you look in the rear view mirror , and , sure enough  , there`s one  weaving about  trying to pass !!     hope room 101  has a 1000ft ravine in it[Y]

[quote user="Safri15"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve been to the moon Safri15...but there was no atmosphere there.         [;)]

After Saturday I''ve got some more for Room 101. They all start with the word Steve and rhyme with Sharon. Why that man was asked to (mis)manage the England team just mystifies me. What tripe that was, good old Andy Hughes would''ve done better on his own than that lot.

Tumbleweed, that''s a bit hard on Hughesy isn''t it?

He''d have done a better job on his own while chained to one of our goalposts, and with one leg cut off.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Safri15"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve been to the moon Safri15...but there was no atmosphere there.         [;)]

[/quote]

Oldies are always the best

[quote user="Safri15"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Safri15"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep...Morcambe and Wise have alot to answer for.

I''ve decided to put my Squealia signature in room 101....and try not to deliberately wind everyone up from now on.         [:)]

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Safri15"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Safri15"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''ve decided to put my Squealia signature in room 101....and try not to deliberately wind everyone up from now on.         [:)]

[/quote]

mmmm ssssssssssshhhhhhhhh they will have you turning soon Clucky!!!  [:#]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Safri15"][quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Safri15"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

mmmm ssssssssssshhhhhhhhh they will have you turning soon Clucky!!!  [:#]

[/quote]

Nah Smudger. Worms turn.....not canaries. [:)] 

I''m sure there will be a suitable replacement signature there in due course.  

1.  Old people.  Do we really need them?  They think it is their given right to mow people down in their mobility carts.  Walk very slowly in front of you, and then stop dead for no reason, causing you to jump out of the way, or stop yourself, their driving is just plain dangerous, they don''t get most modern things, and refuse to embrace change.  They tell everyone how old they are and whats wrong with them, and what illnesses their friends have got, and who died recently, they are generally miserable and smell badly.  Some of them are the most racist people you could ever meet, but they get away with it because they are old and thats the way they were brought up.

2 & 3.  I think I over spent in the 1st one.

Sorry to the older people who don''t stink, don''t use a mobilty cart, walk at a good speed, drive well, like modern things, embrace change, are quite happy with the world, don''t care how old they are and don''t tell anyone about it, not rascist.  Well done to you, because there''s not many of you about.

[quote user="bigbear"]

1.  Old people.  Do we really need them?  They think it is their given right to mow people down in their mobility carts.  Walk very slowly in front of you, and then stop dead for no reason, causing you to jump out of the way, or stop yourself, their driving is just plain dangerous, they don''t get most modern things, and refuse to embrace change.  They tell everyone how old they are and whats wrong with them, and what illnesses their friends have got, and who died recently, they are generally miserable and smell badly.  Some of them are the most racist people you could ever meet, but they get away with it because they are old and thats the way they were brought up.

Sorry to the older people who don''t stink, don''t use a mobilty cart, walk at a good speed, drive well, like modern things, embrace change, are quite happy with the world, don''t care how old they are and don''t tell anyone about it, not rascist.  Well done to you, because there''s not many of you about.

[/quote]

Lol!! Classic post... [:P]

[quote user="bigbear"]

[/quote]

bigarse.     [:)]

Personally I''m glad to be beyond the septic skinned years of youth...where greasy hair hangs lank and infected dandruff is "cool". The having to apologise to our parents for the bedsheet hurriedly put in the washing machine...and pretending to have a girlfriend rather than admit you''re scared of the opposite sex. Trying to look trendy in fashions first created by your parents 30 years prior...when originality really was still possible. Smelling like a horses backside as the testosterone finally begins to surge....and trying to grow whiskers that won''t blow away in a stiff breeze. Gathering in groups down the pub because you''re scared to be out alone...and telling tales of imaginary fights and how many push ups you can do with one hand behind your back. Being sick after drinking two pints of cider and claiming you''d had a bottle of vodka before you came out.  Oh...and thinking you know what''s best for the world while still living at home with mummy and daddy.

Yep...it''s great to be someone no-one listens to isn''t it?           [:)]

Big Bear wrote

"1.  Old people.  Do we really need them?  They think it is their given right to mow people down in their mobility carts.  Walk very slowly in front of you, and then stop dead for no reason, causing you to jump out of the way, or stop yourself, their driving is just plain dangerous, they don''t get most modern things, and refuse to embrace change.  They tell everyone how old they are and whats wrong with them, and what illnesses their friends have got, and who died recently, they are generally miserable and smell badly.  Some of them are the most racist people you could ever meet, but they get away with it because they are old and thats the way they were brought up.

Sorry to the older people who don''t stink, don''t use a mobilty cart, walk at a good speed, drive well, like modern things, embrace change, are quite happy with the world, don''t care how old they are and don''t tell anyone about it, not rascist.  Well done to you, because there''s not many of you about."

"To generalise is to be an idiot" - Oscar Wilde[:D].  

Thats my favourite Wildean joke - and, yes you are right, it hasn''t got much competition.