Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

3 points off Relegation Zone now...

[quote user="Smudger"]

Because if nothing is done now it is inevitable that we are going to be struggling in Div 1 this time next year, with Delia & Co still in charge, hearing the same old excuses week in week out and you bunch of numpties lapping it up!!!

This club is one short step away from near financial ruin and a real battle to find ourselves back competeing at this awful level that we are at today again...

If this lot survive to the summer... Relegation will not push them out the door, any players that we have with any quality will be off and any money coming in will once again not be spent on plugging the gaps...

This club is an absolute disgrace at the moment and so in my opinion is anybody who chooses to continue in backing this board of directors!!!

[/quote]Fair enough smudger, I agree things are not right and change is needed but what I really want to know is if the board were to be sacked 1) What do you think happens next? 2) Would it save the club from relegation? and if so how?

[quote user="ray ducker"]My dear old Smudge, am i right in thinking that you believe that City will be relegated ? not a hope , that won''t happen , we have too many good players , a good manager , a very good board , but if it did us on the pink un free bet would only be looking for 5 results instead of 6 as Citys would have been nailed on.[/quote]

Well put me down for a defeat against Luton, Barnsley and Derby for starters...

Do you want scores as well???  There should be a few quid there towards the Acadamy for for starters!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="ray ducker"]My dear old Smudge, am i right in thinking that you believe that City will be relegated ? not a hope , that won''t happen , we have too many good players , a good manager , a very good board , but if it did us on the pink un free bet would only be looking for 5 results instead of 6 as Citys would have been nailed on.[/quote]

Well put me down for a defeat against Luton, Barnsley and Derby for starters...

Do you want scores as well???  There should be a few quid there towards the Acadamy for for starters!!!

[/quote]

Well my sweet lovely old Smudge , you are saying City will lose against Luton , Barnsley , Derby , i say they won''t shall we say £ 10 a match  ? remember you said a defeat , i am saying not , yes scores as well please , at £10 a score each one you get right , each one you get wrong £10 to me , you also said "a few quid towards the Acadamy  for for starters , "is that £8 for theAcadamy , Glad to see you are watching what i am trying to do . 

[quote user="ray ducker"]My dear old Smudge, am i right in thinking that you believe that City will be relegated ? not a hope , that won''t happen , we have too many good players , a good manager , a very good board , but if it did us on the pink un free bet would only be looking for 5 results instead of 6 as Citys would have been nailed on.[/quote] A good board?? Struggling to understand how you came to that conclusion. Clearly we don''t have too many good players or we wouldn''t be in such a mess. Anyway - good players alone don''t mean anything - just look at West Ham. If they can''t play together as a team, it doesn''t matter if you have all the talent in the world!

Why is saying that we may get 7 points living in cloud cockoo land?  It is possible for us to get 9 points, it is possible that I will win the lottery by finding a winning ticket in the street. It doesn''t mean that it is definitely going to happen (or indeed will ever happen).As for a good chance, I think we have an above average chance of winning away at both Luton and Barnsley. At home we always have a good chance of getting a result, no matter who we play.Also in your quote:"The chance of us getting 7 points from the next 3 games will probably

be blown out of the window on Tuesday night!!!" I must point out that since it is not yet tueday night that chance still exists, even by your logic.  By the way do you really think that Luton have an over 50% chance of beating us tomorrow? And by the way I know the part of my post "if we play like we did at preston rather than today" was important, thats why I put it in.

So we''re three points off the relegation zone. But if we''re here at the end of the season thats all that matters. Stop trying to blow up a crisis.

I''m all new to this posting lark, so forgive me if I haven''t got it right.

My point is this:- have been reading your posts about how bad the board is and some of it I can agree with. BUT just how do you think you will be able to get the board sacked ? The only way you could do that is if you have the odd few millions lying about. Delia & Co own the club they are not going to "stand aside", unless someone buys them out (at a good profit too I would suspect).

Canaries have been rubbish this year, but most of that is down to the team. It looks to me as if most of the players can''t be bothered.....So,when you have brought the club you will need another load of cash for players......

So, stop moaning & go out & find a billionare to buy the club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Because if nothing is done now it is inevitable that we are going to be struggling in Div 1 this time next year, with Delia & Co still in charge, hearing the same old excuses week in week out and you bunch of numpties lapping it up!!!

This club is one short step away from near financial ruin and a real battle to find ourselves back competeing at this awful level that we are at today again...

If this lot survive to the summer... Relegation will not push them out the door, any players that we have with any quality will be off and any money coming in will once again not be spent on plugging the gaps...

This club is an absolute disgrace at the moment and so in my opinion is anybody who chooses to continue in backing this board of directors!!!

[/quote]

Fair enough smudger, I agree things are not right and change is needed but what I really want to know is if the board were to be sacked 1) What do you think happens next? 2) Would it save the club from relegation? and if so how?

[/quote]

I am also waiting to hear an educated reply to the sack the board rant from Smudger...........You cannot sack a board, you can buy their shares.......if they want to sell them to you. Easy to criticise and slate other but go on, give us a solution

[quote user="dickyst220"]

I''m all new to this posting lark, so forgive me if I haven''t got it right.

My point is this:- have been reading your posts about how bad the board is and some of it I can agree with. BUT just how do you think you will be able to get the board sacked ? The only way you could do that is if you have the odd few millions lying about. Delia & Co own the club they are not going to "stand aside", unless someone buys them out (at a good profit too I would suspect).

Canaries have been rubbish this year, but most of that is down to the team. It looks to me as if most of the players can''t be bothered.....So,when you have brought the club you will need another load of cash for players......

So, stop moaning & go out & find a billionare to buy the club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

ehm excuse me isn''t that Delia''s job???

As for you will never get a board sacked through protesting... does a certain Mr Chase ring any bells???

Please think before you open your mouth!!!  [:@]

[quote user="percyvarco"][quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Fair enough smudger, I agree things are not right and change is needed but what I really want to know is if the board were to be sacked 1) What do you think happens next? 2) Would it save the club from relegation? and if so how?

[/quote]

I am also waiting to hear an educated reply to the sack the board rant from Smudger...........You cannot sack a board, you can buy their shares.......if they want to sell them to you. Easy to criticise and slate other but go on, give us a solution

[/quote]

Your answer is on the thread and again here... with evidence too...  how did Mr Chase''s reign at the club come to an end again???  Just remind me please... I am dying to know!!!

Getting rid of the board will accomplish absoloutly nothing at the moment. I agree we seriously need change and a bit of luck. Just look at the injuries that are building up - if we could actually field a full strength team we would be fine - it wouldn''t push for promotion but it would save us from relegation allowing us to build for the future. Delia and Co have already said they would sell the club if someone was willing to put some money into the team but unsurprisingly no-one wants to take over and who can blame them with the amount of complaining that some supporters are doing.Also Smudger just wondering is there any positive thing you can say about the club? - I do not think I have read a single post which isn''t a negative one! I don''t think Norwich are anywhere near where I would like them to be but I also think that we have a certain amount of positives we can take. Martin I think is a real asset and I hope his enthusiasm and talent can rub off on the rest of the team.

[quote user="James Molyneux"]Getting rid of the board will accomplish absoloutly nothing at the moment. I agree we seriously need change and a bit of luck. Just look at the injuries that are building up - if we could actually field a full strength team we would be fine - it wouldn''t push for promotion but it would save us from relegation allowing us to build for the future.

Delia and Co have already said they would sell the club if someone was willing to put some money into the team but unsurprisingly no-one wants to take over and who can blame them with the amount of complaining that some supporters are doing.

Also Smudger just wondering is there any positive thing you can say about the club? - I do not think I have read a single post which isn''t a negative one! I don''t think Norwich are anywhere near where I would like them to be but I also think that we have a certain amount of positives we can take. Martin I think is a real asset and I hope his enthusiasm and talent can rub off on the rest of the team.
[/quote]

Yeah right the next Craig Bellamy???  Don''t make me laugh!!!

Ryan Jarvis is better than Martin... for people to be going over the top and claiming that Martin has the potential t shoot us to promotion next season and one day play for England or something is just laughable and highlights the nature of the problems that we currently face as a club!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="James Molyneux"]Getting rid of the board will accomplish absoloutly nothing at the moment. I agree we seriously need change and a bit of luck. Just look at the injuries that are building up - if we could actually field a full strength team we would be fine - it wouldn''t push for promotion but it would save us from relegation allowing us to build for the future.

Delia and Co have already said they would sell the club if someone was willing to put some money into the team but unsurprisingly no-one wants to take over and who can blame them with the amount of complaining that some supporters are doing.

Also Smudger just wondering is there any positive thing you can say about the club? - I do not think I have read a single post which isn''t a negative one! I don''t think Norwich are anywhere near where I would like them to be but I also think that we have a certain amount of positives we can take. Martin I think is a real asset and I hope his enthusiasm and talent can rub off on the rest of the team.
[/quote]

Ryan Jarvis is better than Martin... for people to be going over the top and claiming that Martin has the potential t shoot us to promotion next season and one day play for England or something is just laughable and highlights the nature of the problems that we currently face as a club!!!

[/quote]

How can you judge if you''ve never seen Martin play? None of his matches have been televised so what do you base your opinion on?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger you are wasting your time some people will still love Delia and Grant if we were in the conference, they see the world through yellow goggles. We are told we are not TRUE supporters and doom mongers because we want what we feel is best for our club. in the long term this manager and this board WILL NOT take us forward, bottom line. We need an investor with the funds for a club this size, dont tell me they are not out there, how hard is HRH trying. We need a manager with a bit of cred in the game to attract players with a bit more experience than SPL reserves or rejects, or even 100 grand buys, this is norwich city for God sake. Why move now people ask. because we still have good season ticket sales, sell outs, great away support, this wont last forever, especially if we do get relegated, which on current form looks likely.

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How can you judge if you''ve never seen Martin play? None of his matches have been televised so what do you base your opinion on?

[/quote]

Still no reply....

[/quote]James this board has been building for the future since they took over or so they have told us. So what do we have?  3 points from relegation, £20mills in the red, so what of the future? a nice lunch, holiday weekend! will that save our club? i dont think so only FOOTBALL will do that. Delia and Co have forgot they run a FOOTBALL club.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger you are wasting your time some people will still love Delia and Grant if we were in the conference, they see the world through yellow goggles. We are told we are not TRUE supporters and doom mongers because we want what we feel is best for our club. in the long term this manager and this board WILL NOT take us forward, bottom line. We need an investor with the funds for a club this size, dont tell me they are not out there, how hard is HRH trying. We need a manager with a bit of cred in the game to attract players with a bit more experience than SPL reserves or rejects, or even 100 grand buys, this is norwich city for God sake. Why move now people ask. because we still have good season ticket sales, sell outs, great away support, this wont last forever, especially if we do get relegated, which on current form looks likely.

[/quote]

Yeah I know Ricky!!! 

Are you going to be at the protest a week tomorrow???

I am in 2 minds whether to bother or not...  because as I have stated before I don''t think enough people are up for a fight and people like me and you are just banging our heads against a brick wall...

I will say it again though... Most of the Norfolk public are deserving of a team that will be relegated and them even more so than Delia will be the ones to blame when it does happen!!!

no one takes u seriously smudger because u make wild statements about players whom u have never seen..

answer the question about Martin.

jas :)

[quote]

Yeah I know Ricky!!! 

I am in 2 minds whether to bother or not [/quote]

Changing your mind already Smudger?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah I know Ricky!!! 

I am in 2 minds whether to bother or not...  because as I have stated before I don''t think enough people are up for a fight and people like me and you are just banging our heads against a brick wall...

I will say it again though... Most of the Norfolk public are deserving of a team that will be relegated and them even more so than Delia will be the ones to blame when it does happen!!!

[/quote]

I doubt it mate, i was there against chase, i led a revolt against South years ago starting the norwich city action group and felt it was worthwhile but the fans of today seem happy with being second rate and hovering above div 1. It days gone by it seemed fans were part of the club, we eat and drunk with the players, all the fans wanted the same things and stuck together to acheive those aims.

the club is going nowhere, the board have no ambition, this manager is a joke, the football played is ugly, we sign second rate SPL players and some of the fans say they are GREAT signings, this is not the norwich city i followed all over uk and europe, its sad but i cant even be bothered to fight for it anymore, i never thought i would say that about NCFC, but its not the club i have loved for 40 yrs, and todays fans, you can keep them.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

no one takes u seriously smudger because u make wild statements about players whom u have never seen..

[/quote]

Wild statements???  Pot calling kettle... you out of anybody on here during my time I think has had more contrasting changing views than any other poster JAS.

As for Martin I haven''t said he is crap anywhere, I haven''t seen much of him...  All I have stated is that after a few games him and others comparing him to the likes of Bellamy is laughable in the extreme...

I have also stated that I think Ryan Jarvis is at least as good if not better than Martin.

I do not have to see much of a player to make a judgement...

I knew that Brown was crap before we had signed him and am being proved right there...  and I also knew that Hughes and Jarrett were c**p only 3 games in to last season yet others said give them a chance,m give them a chance!!!

I do not think that Martin is c**p (I admit I haven''t seen enough of him).   From what I have seen however I think that my statements are warranted...  it is ridiuclous to be comparing him with the likes of Bellamy!!!

[quote user="cityangel"][quote]

Yeah I know Ricky!!! 

I am in 2 minds whether to bother or not [/quote]

Changing your mind already Smudger?

[/quote]

All I am saying is that I will not be demonstarting by myself or with a bunch of squeaky schoolkids CA...

If only 10 people are there who can really make themselves heard then I will be up for it.

If it is a group of 50 people or a 100 people than I can make more noise by myself than then I will not...

It shouldn''t be hard to outsing 20,000+ sheep... you have been very quiet recently...  Sssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh!!!

If you are hoping to keep us up by the noise that you are currently making at games then we have no chance!!!

[quote user="Smudger"]

As for Martin I haven''t said he is crap anywhere, I haven''t seen much of him... [/quote]

Isn''t the truth that you havent see any of him yet??

So far the only Person that I have seen compare Martin to Bellamy is:  you, Smudger.It is a nautral comparison to make however, since Bellamy was the last striker to from our acadamy to make it "big".3 other sets of questions that I would like answered: Have you seen anything of Brown? In order to know that he is crap as you so elequently put it.  I have seen one match of him and he didn''t look bad, despite the red card (blackpool away).If you knew Hughes and Jarrett "were crap" after 3 games and others said give them a chance (and which although you were proved right, I feel was premature - Henry looked crap at l''arse for a whole season, Drogba for two seasons at chelsea). Where did you say this? (as you must have done to be answered).  If you said it here what screen name did you have? as the account "Smudger" joined this forum a year later. If not why is it a stick to beat others on this forum with?What have you seen of Martin? You say you have not been to see Norwich for over a year, so it is a reasonable assumption to assume this extends to reserve and youth team fixtures as well, since you do not attend so as not to support the current regieme finacially.  Logically therefore you have not seen Martin play for at least a year, which is a very long time for such a young player''s game to develop in and so opinions may have to be reconsidered.Personally I have never seen Martin play live, and only for 10 (extremely jerky) minutes against chelsea over the net, which is certainly not enough time to judge his game, even less as the opposition was much better than we face in our league. I reserve judgement on his game, but I do like the fact that he is scoring for us, and not just when we are ahead.

[quote user="7rew"]So far the only Person that I have seen compare Martin to Bellamy is:  you, Smudger.

It is a nautral comparison to make however, since Bellamy was the last striker to from our acadamy to make it "big".

3 other sets of questions that I would like answered:

Have you seen anything of Brown? In order to know that he is crap as you so elequently put it.  I have seen one match of him and he didn''t look bad, despite the red card (blackpool away).

If you knew Hughes and Jarrett "were crap" after 3 games and others said give them a chance (and which although you were proved right, I feel was premature - Henry looked crap at l''arse for a whole season, Drogba for two seasons at chelsea).
Where did you say this? (as you must have done to be answered). 
If you said it here what screen name did you have? as the account "Smudger" joined this forum a year later.
If not why is it a stick to beat others on this forum with?

What have you seen of Martin? You say you have not been to see Norwich for over a year, so it is a reasonable assumption to assume this extends to reserve and youth team fixtures as well, since you do not attend so as not to support the current regieme finacially.  Logically therefore you have not seen Martin play for at least a year, which is a very long time for such a young player''s game to develop in and so opinions may have to be reconsidered.

Personally I have never seen Martin play live, and only for 10 (extremely jerky) minutes against chelsea over the net, which is certainly not enough time to judge his game, even less as the opposition was much better than we face in our league. I reserve judgement on his game, but I do like the fact that he is scoring for us, and not just when we are ahead.
[/quote]

Take a look at the Pink Un Home page then 7REW...

As for the other questions you won''t be getting answers...  You are correct I have only been posting here for about 6 months...  if you must try and pick holes in everything don''t expect me to take the time in constructing nice answers for you.

I have probably seen about the same as you have of Martin and even from that he is so obviously not up to comparing with Bellamy...  my opinion... only time will tell whether I am right or wrong!!!

Brown I have seen a couple of games of and like Hughes and Jarret that is more than enough!!!

Smudge , you are a  sweet and lovley old boy , and i would not change you for the world , i am sure your heart is in the right place , and your love of City is second to none , but have you forgotten me ?

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Wild statements???  Pot calling kettle... you out of anybody on here during my time I think has had more contrasting changing views than any other poster JAS.

As for Martin I haven''t said he is crap anywhere, I haven''t seen much of him...  All I have stated is that after a few games him and others comparing him to the likes of Bellamy is laughable in the extreme...

I have also stated that I think Ryan Jarvis is at least as good if not better than Martin.

I do not have to see much of a player to make a judgement...

I knew that Brown was crap before we had signed him and am being proved right there...  and I also knew that Hughes and Jarrett were c**p only 3 games in to last season yet others said give them a chance,m give them a chance!!!

I do not think that Martin is c**p (I admit I haven''t seen enough of him).   From what I have seen however I think that my statements are warranted...  it is ridiuclous to be comparing him with the likes of Bellamy!!!

[/quote]

Contrasting views? where have i ever Said Brown is good then he is crap? when have i ever said i weant Grant out only to say i back him... when have i ever said I love Delia only to turn and want her out.. i speak my mind.. i may occasionally get my facts mixed up.. but i think u will find if u read my posts that i dont change y mind every few minutes.. i Stick to my guns..

You say u dont need to see much of a player to believe he is crap.. thats like saying u need not Try a certain type of food to know it tastes like poo.... how can u come to this assertation? you havent seen ANYTHING of Martin... so how can u come to tyhe conclusion that he is worse than Jarvis.. if Chris Martin scores 20 goals for us next season.. his first FULL season as a pro.. how will tyhta rate to Ryan Jarvis'' 3 league oals in nearly 5 seasons as a pro?

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="7rew"]So far the only Person that I have seen compare Martin to Bellamy is:  you, Smudger.

It is a nautral comparison to make however, since Bellamy was the last striker to from our acadamy to make it "big".

3 other sets of questions that I would like answered:

Have you seen anything of Brown? In order to know that he is crap as you so elequently put it.  I have seen one match of him and he didn''t look bad, despite the red card (blackpool away).

If you knew Hughes and Jarrett "were crap" after 3 games and others said give them a chance (and which although you were proved right, I feel was premature - Henry looked crap at l''arse for a whole season, Drogba for two seasons at chelsea).
Where did you say this? (as you must have done to be answered). 
If you said it here what screen name did you have? as the account "Smudger" joined this forum a year later.
If not why is it a stick to beat others on this forum with?

What have you seen of Martin? You say you have not been to see Norwich for over a year, so it is a reasonable assumption to assume this extends to reserve and youth team fixtures as well, since you do not attend so as not to support the current regieme finacially.  Logically therefore you have not seen Martin play for at least a year, which is a very long time for such a young player''s game to develop in and so opinions may have to be reconsidered.

Personally I have never seen Martin play live, and only for 10 (extremely jerky) minutes against chelsea over the net, which is certainly not enough time to judge his game, even less as the opposition was much better than we face in our league. I reserve judgement on his game, but I do like the fact that he is scoring for us, and not just when we are ahead.
[/quote]

Take a look at the Pink Un Home page then 7REW...

As for the other questions you won''t be getting answers...  You are correct I have only been posting here for about 6 months...  if you must try and pick holes in everything don''t expect me to take the time in constructing nice answers for you.

I have probably seen about the same as you have of Martin and even from that he is so obviously not up to comparing with Bellamy...  my opinion... only time will tell whether I am right or wrong!!!

Brown I have seen a couple of games of and like Hughes and Jarret that is more than enough!!!

[/quote]

Some interesting comments on here - and some quite remarkable accusations.

Perhaps Smudge or one of the others that feel it is time to oust the Board could tell me how they intend to do it?

Have you perhaps not thought that if Delia and the Board decide to stand down; and take with them the considerable amount of money that they have ploughed into this club, plus the revunue that is brought into the Club through the various other non-footballing activities that are hosted at the football club, then we wont have to worry about relegation or First Division football as there will be no football club.

They are majority shareholders, therefore surely they have to be BOUGHT out. Do you have the millions to be able to do that, and then further millions to turn this club around to your liking? Maybe you have a rich sugar-mummy who has a couple of quid in the bank?

Also, how a person can comment on the current playing staff at the club, having not watched the team live since October 2005 is laughable. Although I''m sure reading the views expressed in the EDP, or the ten minutes viewed on Anglia Football Night or The Championship is more than enough to qualify you to pass comment.

Finally, I am sure that Martin would quite like to be the new Craig Bellamy - that surely is not anyone drawing any similarities - just an 18 year old putting on record that he hopes he can acheive as much as a previous product of the youth academy - but of course if we do oust the Board we wont have an Academy to worry about.

Think the best thing Smudge can do on 6 March is get his backside into JJB Sports and buy a Manchester United shirt, obviously his support is far to good for little old Norwich City!

[quote user="ricky knight"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="James Molyneux"]Getting rid of the board will accomplish absoloutly nothing at the moment. I agree we seriously need change and a bit of luck. Just look at the injuries that are building up - if we could actually field a full strength team we would be fine - it wouldn''t push for promotion but it would save us from relegation allowing us to build for the future. Delia and Co have already said they would sell the club if someone was willing to put some money into the team but unsurprisingly no-one wants to take over and who can blame them with the amount of complaining that some supporters are doing.Also Smudger just wondering is there any positive thing you can say about the club? - I do not think I have read a single post which isn''t a negative one! I don''t think Norwich are anywhere near where I would like them to be but I also think that we have a certain amount of positives we can take. Martin I think is a real asset and I hope his enthusiasm and talent can rub off on the rest of the team.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Did you actually read my post? - firstly I said getting rid of the board at the moment would achieve nothing. I feel it would destabalise the club even more - I know we are in a precarious position but shaking it up even more isn''t going to help. If we can get past the injury crisis and avoid relegation I would welcome someone buying out the board in the summer and making us back into the great team we once were.As for Grant he certainly isn''t the best manager we have had but he is still trying to work with the players that Worthington signed - we could have paid well over the price for lots of players in the transfer window but we have to be realistic and say we were never going to be pushing for promotion this season. He needs to make some decent signings in the summer and show us how we should play - if he fails to do this then we need to look to someone else. A good manager working with under achieving players always makes the manager look bad - how many of you wanted Curbishley and look at him now? (I will admit I really wanted Curbishley/Bowen or Tilson and was disappointed at Grants appointment but I am willing to give him a go).Secondly as for Martin if I haven''t had enough time to decide if I think he is a decent player how have you been able to decide if he is a bad one? and who says I haven''t seen him play. The point that he has managed to score a few goals for a team struggling against relegation has me believing he isn''t that bad. I also never compared him to Craig Bellamy but I think he is showing promise. I also think Jarvis is a good player and I wish he was in the team especially instead of Brown.Finally as you seem to have completely ignored my question to you Smudger I will try again - Is there anything positive you can say about the team at all?