Sign in to follow this  
djc

Neil Doncaster - How we came close to a Premiership Loan

Said Doncaster in today''s online EDP column,

"For a number of weeks, we had been tracking a player at one of the biggest Premiership teams. We were led to believe that the lad wanted to come to us, that acceptable (although expensive) terms had been agreed, and that the club concerned were happy to let the deal go through. But then, virtually at the last minute, it became clear that there was a deal to sell him abroad."

Ok, so having done some transfer research i found the following (for January 2007) :

Stephan Anderson - Charlton to Brondy (undisclosed fee)

David Weir - Everton to Rangers (free)

Edgar Davids - Spurs to Ajax (undisclosed fee)

Massimo Maccarone - ''Boro to Siena (free)

Ugo Ehiogu  - '' Boro to Rangers (free)

Claudio Reyna - Man City - N.Y. Red Bulls (free)

Reto Ziegler - Spurs to Sampdoria (loan)

So who could he have meant??

Would of said Reto Ziegler but Neil Doncaster mentions the word ''sell''. Perhaps Sampdoria paid a loan fee on top.

[quote user="djcat"]

Said Doncaster in today''s online EDP column,

"For a number of weeks, we had been tracking a player at one of the biggest Premiership teams. We were led to believe that the lad wanted to come to us, that acceptable (although expensive) terms had been agreed, and that the club concerned were happy to let the deal go through. But then, virtually at the last minute, it became clear that there was a deal to sell him abroad."

Ok, so having done some transfer research i found the following (for January 2007) :

Stephan Anderson - Charlton to Brondy (undisclosed fee)

David Weir - Everton to Rangers (free)

Edgar Davids - Spurs to Ajax (undisclosed fee)

Massimo Maccarone - ''Boro to Siena (free)

Ugo Ehiogu  - '' Boro to Rangers (free)

Claudio Reyna - Man City - N.Y. Red Bulls (free)

Reto Ziegler - Spurs to Sampdoria (loan)

So who could he have meant??

[/quote]I reckon it was Ziegler, we''ve been linked with a loan for him a number of times in the past.  The ones to Rangers don''t count as "abroad", especially with PG in charge, and Davids would be far too expensive.  Reyna has wanted to go back to America since before the window opened (thank you M.E.N.) and Anderson was hardly playing for one of the top Prem clubs, far from it... so Ziegler is my bet... shame, would have been good...

Zieglers loan is with a view to a permanent deal. I was told Ziegler was coming up until yesterday, so I think that''s the one.

[quote user="Canary02"]My spies tell me it was Giuseppe Rossi from Man United. And no, I''m not joking![/quote]

I hear we are getting Rooney and Sheva next week too.....

jas :)

I heard it was Ronaldo but the shopping on offer in Chapelfield and Roys of Wroxham was not quite as good as Milan so off he went to Italy.

Dross and Spin from the board as ever after every transfer window

[quote user="percyvarco"]

I heard it was Ronaldo but the shopping on offer in Chapelfield and Roys of Wroxham was not quite as good as Milan so off he went to Italy.

[/quote]

I agree Percy!

What an absolute "loan of ballcocks" from our Chief Exec, Mr Nearly.........Does he really think, that we all read the Daily Sport and watch Trisha an'' Jezzer Kyle or sumfing?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="percyvarco"]

[/quote]

I agree Percy!

What an absolute "loan of ballcocks" from our Chief Exec, Mr Nearly.........Does he really think, that we all read the Daily Sport and watch Trisha an'' Jezzer Kyle or sumfing?

[/quote]

th''ere grate