Sign in to follow this  
carpio

DANNY CROW

Sunday People says we are going to offer 250K for young danny!  Would probably be a good move IMO as he would be popular and can score goals. BUT would he come back?

Would not want him anyway - his attitude is appauling - as anyone who saw the program with Ron Atkinson @ Peterborough will be able to confirm.

Will never hapen because it will show what a c**p move it was by Worthy and the board to let him go in the first place surely???

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Given what I''ve heard about his behaviour on that Sky One program with Peterborough, would we WANT him back?
[/quote]

What happened I didn''t see it?

I would love to see Crow return.

I saw the ''Peterborough'' programme and Danny Crow was absolutely correct and I thought he came out of it very well. Atkinson had full sympathy for him as it was the ignorant talentless manager they had there at the time that was the problem. The manager was sacked and Crow became their best player.

he thought he was "It".. didnt have to do what he was told in Training, didnt have to do what the manager said, and Expected to play every week regardless of how bad he was the previous week.

If i was his manager id have him cleaning the Dressing room floor with a toothbrush then cleaning the Urinals with a cotton bud! and i ''d lock him in there till the job was bloody done! teach him some respect! and yes i woudl do it! he''s there to play football not open his gob!

jas :)

[quote user="carpio"]Sunday People says we are going to offer 250K for young danny!  Would probably be a good move IMO as he would be popular and can score goals. BUT would he come back?
[/quote] This would be crazy in my opinion - paying £250k for a player we let go for free less than two seasons ago! Wouldn''t be happy with this on principal or for football reasons. Constantine would be a much better bet IMO or put the money towards Sharp, McLeod or Hayter!

Maybe we should make it into a reunion for other ex academy players who were rejected and now doing well, Paul Hayes and Darrell Russell to name a couple.

Casting off Crow for nothing was stupid especially knowing the amount of money that is poured into football club academies.

Crow was released due to his unsettling attitude towards the other players.  In the words of one academy member, he got too big for his boots and was released for his own safety before he was pummelled.