Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

Raised eyebrows at raised prices!

I was outraged the other day when season ticket prices were put up for the 07/08 season. Although it''s only by a few quid, it''s the principle of it! (How the feck can our inept board even consider charging us long-suffering fans?)

The principle of it is that the board are simply charging us more (however low the cost is) for fans, who let''s be honest, a large % of ticket holders may not renew their tickets, to watch rubbish football. It simply sends out the wrong message.

I''m very surprised that more hasn''t been made out of this. Not just as a supporter, but as a consumer, I''m very unhappy about this!

PS- why have we not spent the 2 million that we neally spent on a Cotterill yet? Delia, Donny, whoever, sort it out please!

oooh you''ve got to pick a pocket or twoooooooo, you''ve got to pick a pocket or two!!!

Why not raise prices when there are plenty of happy clappy mugs to snap up them tickets regardless???

Yet again another disgraceful decision by Delia and her cronies but how many are prepared to hit her where it hurts???

£350 to watch old division 3 next season? I don''t think so, but it would again help the board the pay for all their off the pitch ambitions.

Looking at it purely as a business decision the board will be looking to set the season ticket price at a level that would maximise income. Too steap a price rise and there is a risk that thousands wont re-apply, while a small inflation linked increase won''t put many off but still increase the money coming in.

In my opinion there are loads of people who will not be renewing this year but that is because of the lack of ambition, the prospect of another season of dross and the fact that it is just not fun at Carrow Road any more (I could go on!) . I''m really not sure that the extra £10 a year comes into it at all. 

With the board being so worried about relegation they could have put in the pricing structure that anyone who renewed by Feb 17th would get a 10% refund "if" we got relegated?. Just a thought.

[quote user="Brian Burrell"]
With the board being so worried about relegation they could have put in the pricing structure that anyone who renewed by Feb 17th would get a 10% refund "if" we got relegated?. Just a thought.
[/quote]The club have already commented that the running costs would remain the same, so Season Ticket holders wouldn''t get anything back if we were relegated.Not defending their position, but they have been clear on this matter.

have the club said anything about Reviewing Prices should we get relegated to bring us in line with our League 1 competitors.?

Its between £12-£16 to watch football down there at some clubs... i expect our ticket prices to reflect that of the competition next season.. eh Mr Doncaster?

jas :)

[quote]have the club said anything about Reviewing Prices should we get relegated to bring us in line with our League 1 competitors.?[/quote]

I''ll have you know there are some big names in that league jas.  20 years ago you''d have wanted to see Nottm Forest, Brighton or Millwall, as they''d have been in Division 1.  Not to mention Leeds next season.

Ok ok ok, I''m pushing the optimisim a bit here [;)]

I''d give this club, every last penny I had........It''s money well spent, if you ask me![Y]

There''s nothing else in life - other than NCFC!...........Oh, maybe pies and Guinness........and Sandra Bullock........and a Porsche Turbo....... some other stuff that I like......but what I can live without........for a bit.......like a week.......or a few days.......y''know........[:S]

I was surprised at how much per game buying a season ticket worked out at. It doesn''t save you a massive amount on many fixtures and if you miss a few games you would quickly be paying about the same as you do for casual tickets for the season!

I have a membership at Northamptonshire County Cricket Club- it costs £140 per season and that allows entry to about 50 days of cricket including the 20/twenty games - now that''s what I call value!!

You are right Alex. Season tickets are only value to the supporters who would go to every game regardless! We may have 20,000 season ticket holders but a few thousand of those would probably prefer to be casual fans who could choose their games at this time. The club would proabably be better off if those few thousand were casual fans because if they had another 4,000 seats on general sale their actual gate receipts would improve in any half decent season.