Sign in to follow this  
Rupethebear

Can you watch the game at Carrow Road from the new hotel bedroom windows

This could be an idea, book into the hotel with a few mates and watch the game from inside your room!!

I am sure our new striker Brown would soon share a room if he was injured, perhpas he could video the match!!

[quote user="Rupethebear"]

This could be an idea, book into the hotel with a few mates and watch the game from inside your room!!

I am sure our new striker Brown would soon share a room if he was injured, perhpas he could video the match!!

[/quote] Bit below the belt that last comment!! [:$] I think they are going to offer special football themed packages!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

there are no pitchside rooms.. partly due to alcohol liscencing laws.

jas :)

[/quote]if there are no pitch side rooms, then what the hell is the point?

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

there are no pitchside rooms.. partly due to alcohol liscencing laws.

[/quote]if there are no pitch side rooms, then what the hell is the point?[/quote]to make money for the club

[quote user="jetstream"]What are all those windows overlooking the pitch then if they aren''t rooms? Can''t all be offices surely?[/quote]

they are corridors.. have a look at the windows on the other side.. its to do with alcohol liscencing in football.. u cant have beer in view of the pitch.. same applies to the hotel windows im afaird.

email doncaster if u dont believe me!

But then no one bleieved me when i said Spillane was 5''9 did they? despite proof being on this very site.... *snifs*

[quote user="jetstream"]What are all those windows overlooking the pitch then if they aren''t rooms? Can''t all be offices surely?[/quote]

they are corridors.. have a look at the windows on the other side.. its to do with alcohol liscencing in football.. u cant have beer in view of the pitch.. same applies to the hotel windows im afaird.

But then no one bleieved me when i said Spillane was 5''9 did they? despite proof being on this very site.... *snifs*

[/quote]

Jas no-one believes you because they have actually seen Spillane in the flesh and he is not 5"9 he is 6"3. Never believe everything you read!

So if they are corridor windows can we all sneak into the Hotel for free with deck chairs and a few cans and set up to watch in the corridor?

what the hell is the point then. Why can''t you have rooms over looking the pitch... many other clubs do. Just don''t allow the rooms to be used during matches i guess.

So you can''t have alcohol in view of the pitch, in this case the view being from a hotel window then? That really is interpreting the law to a ludicrously petty extent. Are they afraid that people are going to smash the windows, and then hurl their empty cans, bottles and glasses on to the pitch? You can imagine fans in the Jarrold Stand having to duck, as yet another full magnum of Champagne is lobbed at them from the rioting guests in the hotel. Give me strength!

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]So if they are corridor windows can we all sneak into the Hotel for free with deck chairs and a few cans and set up to watch in the corridor?[/quote] Lol that''s a very good idea!!

u cant have beer in view of the pitch.. same applies to the hotel windows im afaird.

[/quote] I understand the rule inside the ground but it seems crazy that you can''t drink in a separate hotel while watching the game. Very odd!

[quote user="Dell Girl"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas no-one believes you because they have actually seen Spillane in the flesh and he is not 5"9 he is 6"3. Never believe everything you read!

[/quote]

I have seen Spillane in the flesh, when he played against West ham last season.. and he was smaller than Shacks... are u sure ur not getting him mixed up with someone else? he seemed a little bit taller than Earnie

Still.. soon find out when he''s next in the team wont we?

Whole lotta guessing going on  [:O]        so here`s mine !   can you really see  the builders of a hotel ,  that overlooks a football pitch  ,  not make as many rooms  as possible  overlook  the pitch ?  nor me !       the hotel opens  in March/ april  , can`t wait  to see what their brochure offers  ,  Jas keeps on about  this booze ban  ......  but  when this hotel is up and running   , the management will do what the hell it likes !  as will the paying  guests   [:P]

[quote user="sheded"]Whole lotta guessing going on  [:O]        so here`s mine !   can you really see  the builders of a hotel ,  that overlooks a football pitch  ,  not make as many rooms  as possible  overlook  the pitch ?  nor me !       the hotel opens  in March/ april  , can`t wait  to see what their brochure offers  ,  Jas keeps on about  this booze ban  ......  but  when this hotel is up and running   , the management will do what the hell it likes !  as will the paying  guests   [:P][/quote]

and the club will get hit with a massive fine Sheded.. as did Bolton... they had lots of problems when their hotel opened with Alcohol in view of the pitch i remember reading.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]You can watch and admire the Hotel and its windows from the City Stand.[/quote]

Also from the City Stand you can clap, cheer, and sing songs. You dont just have to wear a flat cap and take a flask of tea to the game.

Go on, try it if you don''t believe me !!

[quote user="djcat"]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]You can watch and admire the Hotel and its windows from the City Stand.[/quote]

Also from the City Stand you can clap, cheer, and sing songs. You dont just have to wear a flat cap and take a flask of tea to the game.

[/quote]

I found your reply somewhat colourful. Although, you failed to mention my ''essentials''. The piles soothin'' comfy sheepswool cushion, thick ''n'' cosy tartan snug blanket, bag of mint imperials, and a hand knitted NCFC scarf (with matching mittens) and my ''special'' watertight underwear.

I also have coffee in my flask (with a wee nip of cognac) and a packet of hobnobs (chocolate) which I freely share with my fellow knitting and gossiping octogenerians.........I''m sorry "djcat" ''innit!'' but, my dentures are in a dire need of repair, my eyesight is failing me, and I just don''t seem to have the time or energy theses days, to concentrate on what''s occuring on the pitch. Could you possibly (by proxy?) - clap, sing, cheer and sing songs for me?

Or maybe, you also, don''t have the time to sing, cheer, or have the necessary ''free hands'' to applaud? Because you''re too busy one finger textin'' your chum sitting just a row in front of you, and stuffing your face with a pie, then a king size hot dog and a cornish pastie, followed by a large snickers and crisps - all washed down with a couple o'' pints of the club''s ''finest'' 2% proof, wishy washy lager.......as you impatiently wait for the halftime whistle - so as you can re-supply yourself with goodies with the money made from your paper round?

I may be wrong about you - just like you are about me..........''innit!'' ;~P

"Would you care for a mint imperial - or maybe a hobnob?" [8-|]

"Oh, and can you please try and keep the noise of your eating and textin'' down a tadge? We do require a little nap durin'' the insomnia inducin'' performances on the pitch........Tah!"

Seriously, I wouldn''t watch the crap on display from my own bedroom window.

In fact, I''d draw the curtains.

[quote user="shyster"]

Seriously, I wouldn''t watch the crap on display from my own bedroom window.

In fact, I''d draw the curtains.

[/quote]

No you wouldn`t  ...  there`s a strange fascination   about football   ...  [:D]

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="djcat"]

[/quote]

I found your reply somewhat colourful. Although, you failed to mention my ''essentials''. The piles soothin'' comfy sheepswool cushion, thick ''n'' cosy tartan snug blanket, bag of mint imperials, and a hand knitted NCFC scarf (with matching mittens) and my ''special'' watertight underwear.

I also have coffee in my flask (with a wee nip of cognac) and a packet of hobnobs (chocolate) which I freely share with my fellow knitting and gossiping octogenerians.........I''m sorry "djcat" ''innit!'' but, my dentures are in a dire need of repair, my eyesight is failing me, and I just don''t seem to have the time or energy theses days, to concentrate on what''s occuring on the pitch. Could you possibly (by proxy?) - clap, sing, cheer and sing songs for me?

Or maybe, you also, don''t have the time to sing, cheer, or have the necessary ''free hands'' to applaud? Because you''re too busy one finger textin'' your chum sitting just a row in front of you, and stuffing your face with a pie, then a king size hot dog and a cornish pastie, followed by a large snickers and crisps - all washed down with a couple o'' pints of the club''s ''finest'' 2% proof, wishy washy lager.......as you impatiently wait for the halftime whistle - so as you can re-supply yourself with goodies with the money made from your paper round?

I may be wrong about you - just like you are about me..........''innit!'' ;~P

"Would you care for a mint imperial - or maybe a hobnob?" [8-|]

"Oh, and can you please try and keep the noise of your eating and textin'' down a tadge? We do require a little nap durin'' the insomnia inducin'' performances on the pitch........Tah!"

[/quote]Superb Mellow! Bravo!

Anyway,I beg to differ on Jas'' point regarding consuming alcohol in view of the pitch. A fan can sit within the executive boxes, in full view of the pitch, located in the river end while merrily helping themselves to the beer in the fridge in the corner of the room. Secondly, this can also be achieved in Jarrold Top of The Terrace also, as you can quite happily get lettie on wine before and during the game. Not only this, but you can also get pissed while sitting in the directors box, can''t you Delia? We need a twelth man and all that tosh......

[quote user="djcat"]

[/quote]

Dj, I wonder if you know the git who stands up in front of my pal all the time blocking his view? And goes on like a real alley cat into the bargain.

OTBC

[quote user="Safri15"]Anyway,

I beg to differ on Jas'' point regarding consuming alcohol in view of the pitch. A fan can sit within the executive boxes, in full view of the pitch, located in the river end while merrily helping themselves to the beer in the fridge in the corner of the room. Secondly, this can also be achieved in Jarrold Top of The Terrace also, as you can quite happily get lettie on wine before and during the game.

Not only this, but you can also get pissed while sitting in the directors box, can''t you Delia?

We need a twelth man and all that tosh......
[/quote]

disagree.. in the lounge behing the barclay (top of the terrace?) no one sits with beer in full view.. and i have seen fans have their beers taken from them there.

maybe so, but you are able to sit in the boxes that view the pitch from the river end, and are able to consume alcohol.....strange that.

I don''t think it''s entirely to do with the no alcohol in view of the pitch thing, it''s more to do with the club losing the money from people renting out a room to see the match. I.e. if they pay for a room and not a ticket NCFC don''t get the money, and Holiday Inn do.

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]There are no pitchside rooms to stop people having exhibitionist sex.[/quote]

Oh bugger, won''t bother booking into that hotel then!