Sign in to follow this  
Loughborough Canary

Blackpool v Norwich City match thread

Norwich: Marshall, Colin, Dublin, Doherty, Drury, Safri, Etuhu, Robinson, Croft, Brown, Huckerby.Subs: Gallacher, Thorne, McVeigh, Eagle, Martin

Would that be 4-4-2 with croft and robinson wide, or 4-5-1 with brown up front on his own? Will be interesting to see.  Hopefully Martin will get a chance.  I think we look quite strong, good to see DD in defence.

why is there no defender on the bench? spillane should have been on the bench especially as we have dublin at the back, this really is annoying when grant does this. who will cover a defensive injury? i suppose it would be robinson? i hope he will put a defender on the bench on tuesday.

[quote user="baldyboy"]why is there no defender on the bench? spillane should have been on the bench especially as we have dublin at the back, this really is annoying when grant does this. who will cover a defensive injury? i suppose it would be robinson? i hope he will put a defender on the bench on tuesday.[/quote] I guess Hughes could cover right or left back and Colin could move into centre defence if there was an injury there. Doesn''t seem ideal but with Shacks injured and Halliday out on loan, we don''t have any other centre backs. Don''t know why Thorne is on the bench - what''s the point!? Spillane would be a much better bet.

Sounds like we are doing ok, keeper seems to be an improvement in as much as collecting balls in the box, anyone else found a positive yet?

Did I just hear correctly - I''m sure Colin just had a shot!! He''s probably feeling faint now being that high up the pitch!

I think he might have also just demonstrated why he doesn''t bother getting forward with a rugby style conversion!

Sounds like we''ve had a lively start with Brown looking a threat.

CMON NORWICH

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"][quote user="cityangel"]

Sounds like we''ve had a lively start with Brown looking a threat.

CMON NORWICH

[/quote] Ah...City Angel adding a bit of charm and glamour to proceedings!![/quote]

Your darling man has put us ahead cityangel. Keep the large CMON NORWICH sign flowing through the thread. 

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]He just isn''t a striker.... So I keep hearing.  Apart from the fact untl he actually signed for us he has played as a striker at every other club....  And started up top for the whole of his loan period[/quote]

Foghorn, I''m sure it wasn''t your intent, but could we just drop the negative connotations at least for this game thread. Let''s just enjoy and see if our collective positive input on the message board helps us enjoy the day. Thanks.