Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Grant is doing exactly what the fans want.

and yet some still want him Sacked! how hypocritical is that?

Worthington was far to bullish for his own good and stuck with the same Crop until it was too late.. he didnt make changes when he should of.

Grant however, lets take a look at what he has done thus far:-

The fans whinged that Safri wasnt playing and Robinson was - grant responds by Dropping Robinson (not soon enough!) and playing Safri... the fans dont give Grant Credit.

The fans whinge Peter Grant doesnt play Youth, Peter Grant Gives Robert Eagle his chance, and has had Spillane and the "fans choice" Chris martin (who could be the next Dean Coney for all we know!) on the bench... and the fans whinge.

He signs the Target man the fans want.. and the fans whinge. He tried getting Camp Longer.. and the Fans whinged..

So really, the fans are whinging at their own Stupid decisions not at the ones Grant makes by that Logic?

Shut up and Support him! Get the board out i agree but give Grant a go.. and when he does what we all want give him the credit for it!

jas :)

I agree with 90% of what you say Jas, but I Don''t think Grant has given any of the youth players a decent chance to prove themselves.  Admittedly, he played Eagle for a handful of games but he now appears to have disapperaed off the radar.  I seriously doubt either Martin, Cave-Brown, Spillaine, Rossi and Ryan Jarvis are any worse than the players that Grant has been playing week in and week out.  After Saturday''s second half performance you have to wonder how badly the first teamers have to perform before any of the academy players are given a game.

Admittedly, they might not be good enough but you never now until you play them.

It looks like Henderson could be moving to Rotherham permanently, and, Ryan Jarvis is on his way to Luton.  It makes you wonder why NCFC even bothers with an academy!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Worthington was far to bullish for his own good and stuck with the same Crop until it was too late.. he didnt make changes when he should of.

The fans whinged that Safri wasnt playing and Robinson was - grant responds by Dropping Robinson (not soon enough!) and playing Safri... the fans dont give Grant Credit.

The fans whinge Peter Grant doesnt play Youth, Peter Grant Gives Robert Eagle his chance, and has had Spillane and the "fans choice" Chris martin (who could be the next Dean Coney for all we know!) on the bench... and the fans whinge.

He signs the Target man the fans want.. and the fans whinge. He tried getting Camp Longer.. and the Fans whinged..

So really, the fans are whinging at their own Stupid decisions not at the ones Grant makes by that Logic?

Shut up and Support him! Get the board out i agree but give Grant a go.. and when he does what we all want give him the credit for it!

[/quote]

Just to clear up a few points, it was Worthy who have Eagle his chance. And also, when did any fans moan about him trying to get Camp longer? Finally, you''re also wrong about Robinson. He wasn''t dropped for absolutely ages [:|] and he still features even now.

[/quote]You forgot to mention changing a back four that wasn''t conceding goals.  Playing Doherty at all costs.  Playing a box to box midfielder week in week out who doesn''t even break into a sweat.  Buying a new striker and putting him on the bench, and then playing a striker who couldn''t care less.  The list is endless.

Yeh thats right i remember thinking when he signed brown,Aha make him sub and pick that complete waste of space mcviegh

Give Grant a break.  I would imagine that Brown wasn''t fit enough for 90 minutes, thats why he was on the bench.

It''s going to take time to get Norwich going again.  I think Grant summed it up perfectly when he said too many players were in the comfort zone.  When I watched saturdays no show I couldn''t help noticing how Huckerby, Drury, Shackell, McVeigh, Safri and Etuhu looked like they couldn''t be bothered.  Lee Croft needs to lose weight and poor old Gallacher just isn''t good enough.  For me only Dublin and Colin looked like they cared.

IMO the club needs a complete rebuild, that I am afraid is gonna take years, not weeks.

(You can''t really blame the players for not trying.  If I was earning a fortune and couldn''t be sacked or dropped I doubt I would bust a gut either!!!)

There is quite a bit more to football management than player selection. But it is a good place to start. The fact that Grant hasn''t even got that part right, doesn''t exactly inspire confidence in his ability to make the right decisions in other areas of the job.

agreed Jimmy.. Dion and Colin IMHO are the favourites for the player of the season... they look like they actually want to play for the club... and Colin Especially looks gutted when we lose! if all the other players could follow these 2 examples we might actually be somewhere!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]There is quite a bit more to football management than player selection. But it is a good place to start.

The fact that Grant hasn''t even got that part right, doesn''t exactly inspire confidence in his ability to make the right decisions in other areas of the job.

[/quote]

So why hasnt he got it right ? or are you saying he didnt do what you would have ?

Get over yourself mate.

I think he knows the team and how football works just a little better than you, or can you tell me how many armchair experts have gone on to manage big clubs like us ???

I love the way people say he should be sacked, for what ? for not being able to get a squad of "worthless" cantbearsed to show some passion and pride for the club and its fans.

Grant appears to be the only one that actually gives a crap from NCFC. The players certainly dont, because at the end of the day, most of them have the attitude of "iam alright jack" because they know they can continue to earn there money at most football clubs div 1 and upwards. You think most of these wanna bees actualy give a hoot if NCFC gets relagated ? they will be off like the clappers matey without a backward glance !!

[quote user="the1englishman"] 

So why hasnt he got it right ? or are you saying he didnt do what you would have ?

Get over yourself mate.

I think he knows the team and how football works just a little better than you, or can you tell me how many armchair experts have gone on to manage big clubs like us ???

I love the way people say he should be sacked, for what ? for not being able to get a squad of "worthless" cantbearsed to show some passion and pride for the club and its fans.

Grant appears to be the only one that actually gives a crap from NCFC. The players certainly dont, because at the end of the day, most of them have the attitude of "iam alright jack" because they know they can continue to earn there money at most football clubs div 1 and upwards. You think most of these wanna bees actualy give a hoot if NCFC gets relagated ? they will be off like the clappers matey without a backward glance !!

[/quote]You are so right m8te. How did I not see it before?The manager shouldn''t be held responsible for team performances, player selections, and tactics, innit. Especially a n00b like Grant, with so much previous managerial experience, innit.Like, when Delia and Micheal gave him the job, they said like "Do whatever man, we don''t care, you''re only the manager. Tis not like you responsible for results, or nuffink".I blame the fans cos they''re a disgrace, innit m8te, pwned!

I agree with all the posts backing Grant.Whe did Eagle ever get a proper chance under Worthy Alex? I only recall the friendlies. Appologies if I am wrong. Grant gave him a few games in the 1st team.. and let''s face it he was cack.

So brown probaly wasn''t fit for a full 90 mins,what has he been doing at sunderland then "getting unfit".I would rather have a half fit anybody who cares than someone like mcveigh who just goes through the motions and picks up his money.I am not here to get rid of GRANT he can only do his best.The fact is he should never have got the job,NO EXPERIENCE,its a no brainer he was given the job because he is a yes man.The only manager since john bond who wasn,t a yes man was martin o''neil.I think we all know what happened to him ie he left and was never heard of again!

Putting Brown on the bench appears to have been a very good move from

Grant in terms of the fans reactions to Brown. Earnshaws injury has

helped alot here (and only here).  Making your debut for any club

is hard, but for a club that is performing below expectations it is

even harder. All the critism of Grant above is for not playing Brown,

rather than starting with two target men or replacing the near

legendary Dublin.

I''m not saying it was done delibrately, Brown had not trained with the

team more than twice, probably never partnering Dublin. In his case it

is a legitimate tactical decision to replace Earnshaw "like for like"

with McVeigh (theoretically a fast, small guy).  Given the reports

of his general effort when he plays I would be happy never to see his

name on the team sheet again, even in the reserves, however we don''t

really have the luxury to not play any of our squad. The other "like

for like" replacement may be Martin but I don''t know what type of

player he is, and I don''t think that it is the best idea to give him

his league debut as a starting replacement for Earnshaw, given the

pressure that comes with. Much better to use him as a sub for Earnshaw

when we are winning, for his first few appearances (untill he scores)

[/quote]It''s not hypocritical, I can not see how any of your points really concern grant. The manager should be picking a team based on getting results, which they are not doing.This is not a war of manager Vs Fans which I am sure you are trying to make it. This is a results driven business and we are slipping towards relegation fast.So get a manager that can motivate and install passion into these muppets. BUT the most hypocritical thing of this post is you agree to sack the board!  which installed him as manager and gave him the funds to do this job.!so are you actually saying that the board got it wrong? they employed the wrong manager?SACK GRANT NOW

no Ronbol.. im saying Grants the fall guy... if it all goes Wrong he will get sacked and the board will say "Grant was never the right man for the job"

they wont say "oh we got it wrong... we are sorry fans"

Anything to come up Smelling of Roses and saving face.

Grant is on a hiding to nothing and i pity the guy.

None of us know what actually goes on behind closed doors.  Why wouldn''t Chris Brown be unfit, MLJ is not injured anymore is he ''fit'' to play, probably no.  Is there a difference between fit to start and fit enough for the bench, YES!!!!!

And also, how do you motivate a team of people who are untouchable.  None of them can be sacked, probably can''t be sold (who would have them?) and who all earn thousands already?  It is incredibly difficult, sometimes impossible without change.  We can''t change the entire squad in one transfer window.

And finally, before I get off my soap box.  Grant is inexperienced, so what.  He has been a good coach at 2 successful clubs (Reading & West Ham) and a top player for Celtic.  Aidy Boothroyd had no experience when Watford got him, neither did Geraint Williams at Colchester, nor Chris Coleman at Fulham, Mark Hughes (when he got the Wales job, almost took them to their first major finals in years), need I go on.........

Peter Grant deserves his chance.  The players have shown what they can be capable of when they bother to turn up.  And Grants comments, however badly we may take them he do have a refreshing honesty.  I like him, I think he will be good for the club in the long term, emphasis on long term.....Rebuilding this lazy poor excuse for a team is gonna take years....