Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

thanks for the memories Flemmo!

looks like Craig might be on his way.

Im sure im not the only one who would wish him well... the legs might have gone now but he has been a great servant to the club and given us 10 loyal years. He was a good player over the years for us and pretty much saw it all in his time here

A decent pro and someone who always makes time for the fans. Dissapointing that he wont be involved (or so it seems) in coaching the kids as he''s a great role model for them and someone who i think with his experiance they could benefit vastly from.

On the other hand if he is being used for us to get Hayter then thats a great signing for us too!

Good luck Flemmo!

jas :)

Surely we can only let him leave IF we have a replacement?   We have Dion who can move back but beyond that we currently have no full back or centre back cover - Flem is that man.

Yes he deserves our thanks and he is not the best now, but he is better than no one.

Yes good luck CF, You''ve been immense for us and you''ve worn the shirt with pride. But I wouldn''t get overly excited about James Hayter, living near Bournemouth I know he''s a rated player but would like to think we could sign better than that. I''ve seen him play a few times but he''s not really left me thinking ''What a player!''....

I''ll be very sorry to see Fleming leave.  He has been a great servant of the club, and Imo, doesn''t deserve the criticism he has received in recent months.

Hayters goal scoring record is good though Alex! and lets be fair playing at Bournemouth he isnt exactly surrounded by Talent.. although Steve Fletcher looks like he could do a job at a higher level.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Hayters goal scoring record is good though Alex! and lets be fair playing at Bournemouth he isnt exactly surrounded by Talent.. although Steve Fletcher looks like he could do a job at a higher level.

[/quote]

I knew you''d say that! And you''re right but I don''t know if he''d set the pepsi cola alight, remember the defenders in this league are also allegedly better. As for Steve Fletcher....I''d get him in, still a good player and he''s also Dion Dublin''s grandson.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

I''ll be very sorry to see Fleming leave.  He has been a great servant of the club, and Imo, doesn''t deserve the criticism he has received in recent months.

[/quote]

Sorry Sherlock but this point keeps coming up from you and others and I just don''t understand it.

Are you saying that he does not deserve criticism because he has in fact played well?  If so, what games are you referring to?  In my view he struggled in the Prem, was pretty poor last season and has been ok at best this season. 

If, he does not deserve criticism is because he is a decent bloke, an honest pro and was a great player for City, then, I agree but what has taht to do with his ability now?  All that is also true of Duncan Forbes.  Would you want him in the 5 shirt on Saturday.  Too many posters stick up for Flem on good but irrelevant grounds.  The only question is can he still do it on the field, week in and out?

Personally, I doubt it.  Whatever you think, it is the only discussion to have.

I do not begrudge Flem a couple of seasons of dignity at a lower level. That is good reward for all his valuable servisce to the Club.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]He has been an excellent player for us but this season has been a season too far for him.  Great memories Flem!!  Good Luck at Bournemouth. [:D][/quote]

My sentiments entirely. There are hardly any players who stay at one club for nearly ten years these days and, for most of that time Fleming did the business.

He''s a model professional and I too wish him well.

arent we juming the gun a bit here? fleming has not commented nor have the club only bournemouth manager bond saying hed like him. surely this topic should have waited til ncfc or the player had commented? if we all assume people are coming and going we could have a lot of wasted posts here!   However, if an announcement is made that flem is leaving i would like to say thanks also, he is always prepared to talk to people and sign autographs, which is very commendable, he is a true professional.

Yes, we may be jumping the gun a bit here but, if he is leaving, I would like to wish him all the best - he has been great for us in the past and, by all accounts, is an extremely good bloke.