Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

I want Malky back petition.

Nope, I won''t sign. I haven''t got a high opinion of Robinson but I am sure that he does his best and I find postings like this unnecessarily spiteful. As for Malky, we shouldn''t have sold him or a host of others over the years but he''s gone and we have to move on.

It was a mistake to get rid of him when we did , but it really is time to leave the past in the past,or shall we start a petition to bring back Steve Govier.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why do u want him back?

jas :)

[/quote]

He is still a quality player. If not come back to play for us why not reserve coach?

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why do u want him back?

[/quote]

He is still a quality player. If not come back to play for us why not reserve coach?

[/quote]

This is surely a wind up? Ok so he has the ability to lead which he developed late on in his career, but he is no better than Doherty playing wise.

If you pay any attention to Watfords results the reason they concede so many is because they have to defend deep because of a lack of pace at the back. Do you not remember this when we had Malky and Flem at the back? Sure we got it right under your most hated figure of Worthington but we struggled to get much away from home playing that system.

To bring back Malky would be a mistake, we need to move on otherwise you may as well bring back Holt who believe it or not was also a leading figure in those teams.

Leave the past in the past Malky is 35 what we need is a younger centreback 26-31ish to help Shackel.

Craig fleming is "stilla  quality player" why not make him a coach?

Malky Is far too slow now! Pensioner Dion and Pensioner Malky at the back!

we need to be planning for the future not budgeting for Geriatrics on high wages.

This makes me laugh. When he was here, people used to moan about his lack of pace causing us to defend too deep & that we had to bring in a younger talent to look to the future etc etc etc… However I’ll sign it as I never wanted him to leave in the first place.  

He was a good player and a very good servant for the club, but that was two or more years ago. It''s time to move on now, and I feel your reasons for wanting him back are mostly sentimental. We could probably do with another centre back, but surely it would be better to buy a young up-and-coming player rather than someone who is nearing the end of his playing days?

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why do u want him back?

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is surely a wind up? Ok so he has the ability to lead which he developed late on in his career, but he is no better than Doherty playing wise.

If you pay any attention to Watfords results the reason they concede so many is because they have to defend deep because of a lack of pace at the back. Do you not remember this when we had Malky and Flem at the back? Sure we got it right under your most hated figure of Worthington but we struggled to get much away from home playing that system.

To bring back Malky would be a mistake, we need to move on otherwise you may as well bring back Holt who believe it or not was also a leading figure in those teams.

Leave the past in the past Malky is 35 what we need is a younger centreback 26-31ish to help Shackel.

[/quote]

Please tell me you are joking chicken. R u saying that Doherty is better than Malky? I am amazed that you could think such a thing.

That is like saying Thorne is better than Earnie.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

we need to be planning for the future not budgeting for Geriatrics on high wages.

[/quote]

Jas do you not like Dion then? hes been our best player this season, what has he done wrong?

You cant go wrong with experience.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why do u want him back?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Games played by Malky Mackay in 2006/2007GoalsCards
09-09-2006English PremierBolton1-0Watford0
16-09-2006English PremierWatford0-0Aston Villa0
23-09-2006English PremierWigan1-1Watford0
02-10-2006English PremierWatford3-3Fulham0
24-10-2006English League CupWatford2-1Hull City0
18-11-2006English PremierPortsmouth2-1Watford0
28-11-2006English PremierWatford0-1Sheff Utd0
01-01-2007English PremierFulham0-0Watford0
06-01-2007English FA CupWatford4-1Stockport2

He aint done too bad if you ask me 10 goals against in 9 games.....   If he could be tempted back as a player coach why not.  Dion Dublin a 37 year old has been our best defender this season by some margin.

[quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Jas do you not like Dion then? hes been our best player this season, what has he done wrong?

[/quote]

nope. i Like Dion.. and ur right nothing wrong with Experiance.

But what would u prefer a 35 year old on 10000 a week or a 20 year old on 2000 a week?

the 20 year old will get experiance and will peak and enjoy many years in football... the older player can have all the experiance in the world, but if the body cant do it anymore whats the point?

Malky featured for Watford the other day in the cup but hasnt featured in the Premiership for some time.

surely we should be building for the future. not building Dads army?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

nope. i Like Dion.. and ur right nothing wrong with Experiance.

But what would u prefer a 35 year old on 10000 a week or a 20 year old on 2000 a week?

the 20 year old will get experiance and will peak and enjoy many years in football... the older player can have all the experiance in the world, but if the body cant do it anymore whats the point?

Malky featured for Watford the other day in the cup but hasnt featured in the Premiership for some time.

surely we should be building for the future. not building Dads army?

[/quote]

What makes you think he will be on 10000?

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why do u want him back?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He aint done too bad if you ask me 10 goals against in 9 games.....   If he could be tempted back as a player coach why not.  Dion Dublin a 37 year old has been our best defender this season by some margin.

[/quote]

Please do not even try to compare Dublin to Mackay! Dublin is a far better player all round and to think that Malky is that good is the best/worse piece of spin seen this season.

Malky will not make it to 37 and still have the impact that Dublin has. As a coach fine get him in but I doubt he will want to hang his boots up just yet. Yes it was a misstake to sell him when we did in a sence that he would have made a useful addition to the squad but if you take into consideration the fact that he always said that he wanted to be somewhere where his chances of first team football were higher. And thats why he ended up at Watford.

To add to that he doesn''t play week in week out for Watford and as I have said they are forced to play a deeper due to a lack of pace at the back. You look at the teams in this division and want to pick out the players that would toast him - Bradly Wright-Philips, Ray Jones, Eastwood to name but a few.

Sure again he would make a nice addition to the squad and possibly replace Doherty but I don''t see it happening and if it did would it be for one season or two in which case we would still be facing the same situation, we would still be looking for another younger centreback. And in the last days of his here, Fleming was the faster more astute player on the deck and you amoungst others have suggested his time is past so perhaps you should also consider that.

Mackay would not be a step in the right direction - please read the post regarding the team building stratergy. Malky now would just be a short term solution and what we have needed since him going was a more long term aquisition. We got Shackell but now Fleming is in the same position as Malky and we need another to replace him should he go. It could be Cave-Brown but who knows, but for me trying to get back Malky is just another way of sticking ones head in the sand and ignoring the real problems that the City squad has.

[quote user="chicken"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="chicken"][quote user="I OWN THIS CLUB"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

why do u want him back?

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Please do not even try to compare Dublin to Mackay! Dublin is a far better player all round and to think that Malky is that good is the best/worse piece of spin seen this season.

Malky will not make it to 37 and still have the impact that Dublin has. As a coach fine get him in but I doubt he will want to hang his boots up just yet. Yes it was a misstake to sell him when we did in a sence that he would have made a useful addition to the squad but if you take into consideration the fact that he always said that he wanted to be somewhere where his chances of first team football were higher. And thats why he ended up at Watford.

To add to that he doesn''t play week in week out for Watford and as I have said they are forced to play a deeper due to a lack of pace at the back. You look at the teams in this division and want to pick out the players that would toast him - Bradly Wright-Philips, Ray Jones, Eastwood to name but a few.

Sure again he would make a nice addition to the squad and possibly replace Doherty but I don''t see it happening and if it did would it be for one season or two in which case we would still be facing the same situation, we would still be looking for another younger centreback. And in the last days of his here, Fleming was the faster more astute player on the deck and you amoungst others have suggested his time is past so perhaps you should also consider that.

Mackay would not be a step in the right direction - please read the post regarding the team building stratergy. Malky now would just be a short term solution and what we have needed since him going was a more long term aquisition. We got Shackell but now Fleming is in the same position as Malky and we need another to replace him should he go. It could be Cave-Brown but who knows, but for me trying to get back Malky is just another way of sticking ones head in the sand and ignoring the real problems that the City squad has.

[/quote]

Great post chicken!

just to add, the Reason Dion is still going at 37 (and Teddy sheringham at 41) is because they aren''t footballers.. they are Athletes... theres a difference...  we can all go out and run around a pitch for 90 minutes 46 times a seaon.. but only certain individuals are lucky enough to have a body conditioned for Sport.. take the NFL and Jerry Rice (42), or Ice Hockey and Brett Hull (39 i think)...  u can follow the diets etc and the fitnesse regimes all u like but the body has to be conditioned and (relatively) injury free to be able to play as long as these pros have in their respected sport.

Malky Mackay is a footballer.. not an Athlete... i would say that Craig Fleming is an Athlete, ok he might be slower and not up tot he pace of the game at this level but at a lower level he could easily play till 40.

to be fair to Malky Mackay he has a clean sheet in a premiership match 2 games ago and he scored 2 goals in his last match.  Craig Fleming was patently past it when he played this season. As Nutty Nigel has shown we conceded bucketloads when he was playing.

Why is Mackay not an athlete?? Looks to me that he has done OK in the premiership - if the above games stats are anything to go by.

To be fair he isnt going to arrive here this season is he.  But Craig Short at 37 played in Sheffield United''s promotion last season.  Malky is what 34 now.

As for players getting given the runaround.....  Players with great experience have a habit of being in the right place at the right time.  He aint gonna get any more embarrassed than Doherty or Shackell and he will organise lead and get his head on every ball.  How we could do with his influence at corners and free kicks both defending and attacking.

If he could be picked up on the cheap I would take him back in a shot.  Just look no further than Dennis Wise and Don Hutchison''s influence on Coventry last season as they moved from just above the relegation zone to finish above us when these two were signed.

Malky out while Fleming was retained was the most bizarre piece of management logic at the club for years. The team lost it''s leader over night....and he was never replaced. Look what happened.

Malky from the neck up had more drive than half the squad put together. Too late to bring him back as a player now though...as the "moment" has well and truly passed........