Sign in to follow this  
Foggo_on_the wing

Earnshaw? - Sell him

It''s like ''The Emperor''s new clothes'' on this website. Nobody seems to dare say a word against Earnie. So here goes.

We can do without him.

So who''s going to replace the 17 goals he''s scored I hear you cry. Nobody I suspect, but they would probably have managed about ten or twelve, and the beauty of it would be that his replacement would actually allow other players to score by bringing them into the game.

I''ve never thought I''d agree with anything Bryan Robson said, but he was actually right to get rid of him fron WBA. He can''t pass properly, he can''t head the ball most of the time, and he certainly can''t control the ball. He doesn''t hold the ball up for long enough to allow other players to get in the box. He falls over every time a defender goes near him and very rarely wins a free kick when he does fall over. It really p***es me of when he trys a little flick which doesn''t work and the Barclay chant his name, and have you noticed how he wears a little groove in the pitch that runs directly from the centre circle to the ''D'' on the edge of the penalty area. The rare occasions that he deviates from this route are usually at the end of the game when he tries to close a defender down to leave a good impression with his adoring public.

If he''s fit tomorrow he''ll probably score a hat-trick!!

It sounds like someone had a good Friday night down the pub!

There are very few players who guarantee you 17 goals a season let alone in half a season and for s truggling team. When you factor in the fact that he is 5ft7 and has played up front on his own all season it is quite incredible that he has scored the goals he has. Yes, his touch should be better and he does miss a few chances. However, this can be misleading as due to his isolation he is often let with no option but to take on a shot from 20 yards or a poor angle.

Everywhere he has gone he has scored goals and I believe Robbo got rid of him because of his poor work rate, something we have not seen during his time here.

If we can get £5/6 million for him and all the money is available for team strengthening then maybe we should deal. However, attracting a decent replacement will be difficult due to our league position.

You are not alone Foggo;  he is as over celebrated as the likes of Docherty are over criticised.

Earies goals have been important but they have come at a cost to the team appraoch which is impossible to calculate as I suspect we would have dgot more goal from midfield with a different striker.

He is an asset but his place should be under threat - his last 4 performances have been appalling.

To some extent I agree. He is not a worker. He never pulls wide and he doesn’t run the defence around enough which would help his fellow strikers. However I would only be happy for the sale of Earnshaw to go through if a large amount of the fee was used to rebuild. The fact is the rest or nearly the rest of the team are so poor that I doubt we would get the goals. We can''t knock his scoring rate. And we can''t deny he makes quite a few himself and quite a few are from his main attribute his pace. Something that our other strikers lack badly. Hence maybe they don''t score. Nowadays defender are faster and stronger and certainly Earnshaws pace is an attribute that sets him apart from many others. The Answer would be to totally rebuild the team with his money but would that happen and is it possible. I doubt either.

you must have known all this about earnie before he came.

like so many good finishers that is all he does, score goals.

i for one dont want him to go.

remember sunderland at home ? we had one shot on goal all game. and guess what, earnie scored. thats what he does and thats why we need him.

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]i see what you mean, i''m thinking if we get a good  1offer we should sell Earnie because other than score he doesn''t do much for the team[/quote]Other than score oh thats a very small matter. 17 goals bagged doesnt do much for the team.What is it with some people on here these are the most pathetic comments i have read on here.Do you not realise every club in the country is looking for someone like earnie to guarantee 20 plus goals a season.Goalscoring is an art that not many players can manage so stop making stupid comments and enjoy what earnie does best.

If we get an offer of £5.5m to £6m for Earnie then I would say sell him but only if we can use all of the money to strengthen the team and have enough time to spend it. If we had this amount, we could buy a new striker for £3m and hopefully two decent midfielders. That in my opinion would give us a very good starting line up What worries me however is that we sell Earnie near the end of the transfer window like we did with Green and McKenzie and Ashton last january and then don''t have sufficient time to bring in the players we need. Selling Earnie and not replacing and strenghtening would be suicide and may even spell relegation.

Also selling him later on in the window would alert teams that we have a lot of money to spend and that we will need a striker asap which would automatically inflate prices so I don''t think saying sell if a decent offer comes along is as straightforward as it''s being suggested!

Too right, how many chances does he need to score a goal and how many times has he been one on one with the goalkeeper and missed. When Norwich are under pressure we need a striker who can hold up the ball and bring the midfield into play earnie cannot do either and this has put extra pressure on the defence and led to Norwich conceeding a number of goals. The only time he makes a run to the corners is to do his stupid flip, its a pity he dosent put as much effort into the rest of his game.

Without Earnie we would be relegated already....

Doesn''t do much for the team???  Don''t make me laugh!!!

[quote user="Foggo_on_the wing"]

It''s like ''The Emperor''s new clothes'' on this website. Nobody seems to dare say a word against Earnie. So here goes.

We can do without him.

So who''s going to replace the 17 goals he''s scored I hear you cry. Nobody I suspect, but they would probably have managed about ten or twelve, and the beauty of it would be that his replacement would actually allow other players to score by bringing them into the game.

I''ve never thought I''d agree with anything Bryan Robson said, but he was actually right to get rid of him fron WBA. He can''t pass properly, he can''t head the ball most of the time, and he certainly can''t control the ball. He doesn''t hold the ball up for long enough to allow other players to get in the box. He falls over every time a defender goes near him and very rarely wins a free kick when he does fall over. It really p***es me of when he trys a little flick which doesn''t work and the Barclay chant his name, and have you noticed how he wears a little groove in the pitch that runs directly from the centre circle to the ''D'' on the edge of the penalty area. The rare occasions that he deviates from this route are usually at the end of the game when he tries to close a defender down to leave a good impression with his adoring public.

If he''s fit tomorrow he''ll probably score a hat-trick!!

[/quote]

Kenny on the wing , did you see him against Tamworth ? the only thing i saw him do was to change his boots , when you have a wet field you send the most powerful tractor you have the 5000 hrs power with the 4 wheel drive ,not the little Ferggie . can we get away with him not being cup tied because he did not play for us ?

My God. We will miss him sorely if he goes.

It may make sense to some of you to imagine spending Earnies millions but when all we get in is a collection of some Prem has-beens/not good enoughs or League 1/2 hopefuls/one-season-wonders you will be gutted watching him slamming in the goals and cartwheeling for some other club.

Mark my words.

OTBC