Sign in to follow this  
Windy

For The Record....

... I shall be supporting Ipswich whole-heartedly on Sunday and very much hope they beat West Brom

No way dude. Up the Baggies.

I would rather they beat us to the top spot than have those mockneys scraping into the play-offs.

A draw keep all my sensibilities happy - 1-1 sounds good to me.

Nil-nil for me, that way each side take two points out of each other, and our goal difference can hopefully improve on West Brom''s still further. (When was the last 0-0 at Portaloo Road, people? Does anyone know?)

Typical short sighted comment from you Mook.Guess you''re also one of those fans who''d say well never mind that West Brom and Sunderland got the two automatic places as long as Ipswich didnt get in the play offs its ok and I guess at full time when we lose you also say well never mind Ipswich lost too so it doesn''t really matter. Also what about when they play Sunderland on 12/4, if thats a crucial game,would you rather Sunderland won and challenged us for a top 2 spot rather than have Ipswich win.
Ipswich still have West Brom,Sheffield Utd and Sunderland to play,if they win all three games it will help us not hinder us.
Its time to swallow your pride and admit that we do want Ipswich to win or at least draw those games, the binners are no threat to us,cant catch us and if they can do us a favour let them.Lets get our priorities right,accept any help we can get and put our team first,thats all that matters .

windy and cityangel are right. Ipswich can do us a very big favour. they''ve got west brom and sunderland in their next two home games and they could effectively nearly guarantee us promotion and maybe the championship. ipswich r never going to catch us, and does it really matter if ipswich go up? we''ll still have the derby and they would have a good chance of filling 1 of the relegation spots up. could be a blessing in disguise?!

Oooh no no no no no, that''s not me Cityangel!!! I''m not one of those "at least Ipswich lost" people!!! I''ll put that rather harsh comment down to a bad day at the office, or something...

No, when they play Sunderland I''ll be hoping for a draw. But any of the chasing pack, and that includes Ipswich, have to lose as many points as possible as early as possible, thus making our run safer. Promotion counts, not winning the league. And I would be (mildly) happy to let WBA win the league as long as we cruise to a healthy second place without any other teams catching us. ESPECIALLY them.

Ok now this is a hard one. I don''t like to see Ipswich doing well, but if they do us a favour, which I''m sure they will hate, then I will be supporting them. If they beat the Baggies and Sunderland, then we''re almost home and dry, so lets be reasonable, Ipswich can do us a favour, which they will hate and so when we get promotion, thanks to them, we can all say thanks and leave them to wallow in self pity when they don''t get promoted. Hope that makes sense.

who cares long as we finnish first or second
promotion is in OUR hand not the binners
or any one of the 9 or 10 who could still
go up 4 wins n a draw should b enough from
what i can see :~)

I would rather Ip***** win also. They are too far behind to do us any damage, but it could help us take the championship AS WELL.

No time 4 sentiment, emotion or hate, we all want promotion, so Ipswich 2 win..urrr did I just say that...

I''ll add my voice to that. Assuming we get a favourable result on Saturday, I will be willing Ip***** to win. If we don''t get a favourable result, I will be willing even harder.

Whilst I see that Mook made somewhat of a back-track, if there are any more comments like this:

"I would rather they beat us to the top spot than have those mockneys scraping into the play-offs."

then I''m leaving this board in the hope of finding more intelligent conversation!

Well, it would be a shame to lose you Windy.... However ill-chosen my words were, what I''m trying to say is that WBA and ourselves can run away with this league no sweat IF the teams below the both of us lose. And that involves WBA beating Ipswich and whoever else from the chasing pack they play. If that means that WBA get to the top spot and we finish comfortably second then so be it - I would settle for an easy second place than snatch top-spot from sunderland AND west brom (and whoever else was to gain ground) in the dying seconds of the last match of the season!!

Lets look after number one. If Ipswich win we are going to stay in front of West Brom, for the time being at least. This also helps us if Sunderland catch West Brom and us up because, if we have a better goal difference than West Brom, we would still be in the automatic promotion places. I still think its all academic though, as I can not see Sunderland maintaining their recent form with the number of games they have got coming up and the quality of their opposition.

This is a real tough one because if us and WBA drop points, whether with a draw of a defeat, it adds to the incentive for Sunderland to chase harder.

OK, so points on the board are always better than games in hand, but just follow this one through. Sunderland don''t play in the league this weekend, but play Wimbledon midweek and have an early kick off on Good Friday. If they win both those games, they''ll be on 71 points and the pressure would really be building on both WBA and us, assuming the worse this weekend.

For this reason only, I''d rather both WBA and us win this weekend because that would take the gap to 11 points before Sunderland''s next league game.

Thanks Mook, I understand what you''re saying. I''m going to go one step fyrther though after giving it some more thought. I would like Ipswich to teeter on the edge of the play off''s rather than slip into mathematical obscurity. This would give them an incentive to beat Sunderland. For the time being, come on you blues.

Why is it that people are talking as if Sunderland can only catch us and not WBA??

What nobody seems to be saying on this thread is that it could be WBA that loses out.

Look - If either WBA or Sunderland lose its good for us.

If WBA lose and we win, Sunderland''s, and everyone elses attention will divert full onto WBA. That can only be good for us.

Wanting WBA to lose does not mean that any of us will be supporting the Binners - WBA losing is the key. We can''t afford to try and have all our cake and eat it - i''ll be quite content to take just the slice with a great big "P for promotion" on it.

The Binners need to win games to get in the playoffs, if by achieving that, we get a helping hand towards promotion then so be it - fantastic - luvverly jubberly - I really couldn''t give a flying fig.

I could then put my full attention on hoping the Binners lose in the playoff semi''s or final, lose more players and money - go into administration (again), rot in Division 1, go out of business and end up being used for a landfill site by Biffa.

FOCUS ON THE GOAL EVERYONE.

Well I think it would be nice if Ipswich went up as well as us.
There, I said it.
That way, the whole region could enjoy fantastic football, everybody would sit up and take notice of our part of the world again and remember that we are both clubs who have been capable of playing football to match, if not beat, the best. What''s wrong with that?

And of course, we could continue beating them twice a year.

No No NO
want Ipswich to go up??? Wash your mouth out Juan!
If not for purely bitter rivalry reasons then think of it in terms of revenue. If we''re playing in the big league not only will NCFC be coining it in but it means two guaranteed sell-out crowds are lost to the (already-stretched-to-breaking-point) Ipswich coffers.
And in the dream scenario where Ipswich went into receivership and ceased to exist then it would mean an even bigger potential catchment area for Norwich.

I think the ideal situation for the Baggies game is 0-0 with a bucketload of injuries and suspensions for both sides.

Ideally the referee would be one M Riley of West Yorkshire.

If they do go up, I''m not saying I want them to, but if they do, we''ll be garennteed 6 points next season and we won''t finish bottom!

Hey thanks, and I''ve got to say I agree with most of your posts Cityangel, I haven''t been on this messageboard for long but I have grown to admire you.

For the record... I hope you OK 1st Wizzard as I notice that you are keeping quiet about this subject..

Lets be realistic, NW has said we need 85 points. Sheffield , Millwall and Wigan are only one defeat away ( if they win all theirs other games) not to reach this barrier. Which realisticly only leaves to two top places between us WBA, and Sunderland.

So I say an I####h win is a must for our promotion push.

Who cares who goes up with us. Is where we going that matters. ANd any point lost by WBA and Sunderland are a bonus for us.

Any way, I####h, will not even make the play-offs.

Yeh cmon Wizard,my friend what are your views on this thread?

Would anyone here realistically want the Binners to go out of business?

For me that would be a disappointment. A world without our mockney friends would be very different.

Aside from the obvious amusement we all get from BFJ''s blundering and Sheepshank''s lack of business nous south of the border, who would we direct our bile and sarcasm at? The derby matches themselves are great occasions and helps create legends (Leon, for instance). And to be honest, who else would employ George Santos?

Every football club needs its rivals and it would leave a gap in our lives if the donkeys were put out their misery