Sign in to follow this  
Black sheep TFC

Dublin

Wanted to know how Dublin is doing for you guys? Do you still rate him? Is he likely to visit the Lamb on 6th Jan?

I used to work with Dion at AVFC and he was a really nice guy. One of the few gents left at premiership level. Really down to earth, and had time for everyone - fans, staff, sponsors, press, whoever. I doubt he''d remember me, but plenty of happy memories.

Hope he''s doing well - but has a howler on Jan 6th should he play (no offense Dion)

All the best

Julie

when he was first signed it wasnt welcomed to be honest... although alot of that had to do with us wanting Fans Favourite Chris Sutton back only for former Manager Worthington to say "Sutton is too old" then to go out and sign 37 year old Dion!

he has been used primarily as a center back, only going up front in emergencies nad has scored 2 goals... his performances have been to level so far, and he is, as u stated, a good honest Pro.

if only he was 10 years younger and in his prime!

jas :)

I think that he is doing great. Man of the match most weeks. He made one mistake but soon made up for it. I think we should keep him for 1 more year.

I think that Doherty and Co have made many more mistakes, so i wouldnt drop him.

He''s been a very useful part of an under-performing and small squad, is probably the best way to sum it up.I''ve heard very good things about Dion from friends in Stratford Upon Avon, where I believe Dion lives, or at least lived while at Villa.  Always has time for people when around town, happy to talk to anyone.

Indeed he did live at Stratford, for many years, not just whilst at Villa - may still do? Has a nice, classy wife (not the sort that get wrecked in nightclubs and get followed by the paps whilst shopping) and she was pregnant with their (4th?) child, when I left Villa I think.

I was there between 98 & 2001 so saw him go through the heartache of the FA cup final defeat (sat in the ballroom until the early hours at the Grovsner, Park Lane, with him and his brother amongst others analysing the game - ''Matteo the pepper pot'' got knocked over a few times! ) and the devastating time when he broke his neck and thought he''d never play again - sometimes its easy to forget that - its amazing he''s still going at all ! If he wanted to drop down a few leagues, and get back to the midlands in the near future - there''d be a place for him at the Lamb I''m sure!

whatever people say about Dion''s age, you can''t knock his effort, and his attitude seems great, especially in this day and age with the players with big egos. He seems to be a really down to earth guy too, so good luck to him (even against Tamworth!).

Despite his age, i''d like to echo most of these comments. Without him, and donkey as centre back, we may just about now be sitting somewhere in, or just above the relegation zone.

One more year dion!

We love him Julie, he gives his all for the cause and although some of us had doubts he''s proved us all wrong.

I''m pleased for him that he''s still doing well, and a crowd favourite. Top bloke, nice family.

However, he loves the banter, so if he is shown this, tell him I''ll wager him £20 notes on a TFC win! and he better look me up if he wants to collect.

All the best Norwich fans (except for jan 6th)

well, with Worthingtons team still here, we wont need luckjust "grit, hard work and determination"

Just adding my tuppence worth.Always liked Dublin, he has the sort of character any young player should be looking to emulate.He''s on course for pushing Earnshaw all the way for player of the season as things stand, looking forward to seeing what he can still offer up front when we''ve shored up the back.At the moment Dublin not being at the back makes for a very nervous 90 minutes [:)]I can''t see why he can''t do another season after this one at this level on the evidence so far. Maybe he''ll even make it into the 40 club! (Gary Speed is the latest member I believe)

speed and Giggs are the only 2 players left who played in the old division 1 before it became the Prem.. Sheringham too.

jas :)