Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Norwich - the Pro Evo 1990s Challenge Team

Being a sad (young) middle aged man with too much time on my hands, hence my appearance on this message board, an ITFC-supporting friend (he''s fine apart from that affliction) and I have agreed to build our worst 1990''s XIs and then meet on Boxing Day for a home and away battle in which I will bring glory to (virtual) Fortress Carrow Road.

Problem is, I''m stuck with the team selection and so I''d really appreciate some help if any can assist.  So far I have:

Keeper

Simon Tracey

Defence

Fernando Derveld

The bloke whose name escapes me, but he came from Sheffield United and had, allegedly, an incident with a taxi

DF3 (Walsh?)

DF4

Midfield 

Raymond De Waard

Mike Milligan

Shaun Carey

Paul Dalglish

Forwards

Darren Beckford

Dean Coney (was he 1990-91)?

Manager

Bryan Hamilton

Suggestions for the back line welcome, as are amendments to the rest.

(The beauty of this system is that when we go 2-0 up, I plan to deploy Beckford as a holding midfielder and shut the game out.)

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

The bloke whose name escapes me, but he came from Sheffield United and had, allegedly, an incident with a taxi

[/quote]

That would be Carl Bradshaw.

Matt Jackson? are you sure. I think when we let him go we lost one of our best natural captains? He had the same leadership qualities as Malky. Can i place Keith Briggs in the fold for defenders?

Shame its just limited to the 90''s cause I would have put Peter Thorne in every time!!!!!!

Good shout for Adrian Coote, what about Robert Rosario, I thought he was crap.  Jean Yves De Blasiis would be good as the holding midfielder.

De Blasiis was actually a handy player... unlucky that Injury affected him when it did.. i think he could of done well for the club...

His Passing was superb!

jas :)

Jas, are you sure you were watching the same Jean Yves as me!!!!  He was truly rubbish.

Mind you could probably do job in our current midfield!!!!!!!! Mind you so could my granny........

And as for Rosario, I concede he did have his moments.........I just cant remember many 

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I have gone continental, and opted for the untried and untested 3-5-2 in order to cram in as much talent as possible.  Therefore, I have settled on a squad consisting of:

Tracey

Bradshaw      Walsh      Derveld

Dalglish   Carey   Grant   Milligan(c)   Easton

Scott          Beckford

Manager: Hamilton

Subs:

Broughton

Notman

Anselin

Coney

And one more yet to be decided.

Viva the beautiful game!

My erstwhile opponent, on the other hand, has come up with his Foreign Legion XI:

Adrian Paz
Jonas Axeldal

Ullrich Le Pen
Marco Holster
Vermund Brekke-Skard
Samassi Abou

Amir Karic
Manuel Thetis
Mark Fish
Drissa Diallo

Matteo Sereni

It promises to be a feast of liquid football, make no mistake about it.  Thanks again.

[quote user="fuzzyfelt"]

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

I have gone continental, and opted for the untried and untested 3-5-2 in order to cram in as much talent as possible.  Therefore, I have settled on a squad consisting of:

Tracey

Bradshaw      Walsh      Derveld

Dalglish   Carey   Grant   Milligan(c)   Easton

Scott          Beckford

Manager: Hamilton

Subs:

Broughton

Notman

Anselin

Coney

And one more yet to be decided.

Viva the beautiful game!

My erstwhile opponent, on the other hand, has come up with his Foreign Legion XI:

Adrian Paz
Jonas Axeldal

Ullrich Le Pen
Marco Holster
Vermund Brekke-Skard
Samassi Abou

Amir Karic
Manuel Thetis
Mark Fish
Drissa Diallo

Matteo Sereni

It promises to be a feast of liquid football, make no mistake about it.  Thanks again.

[/quote]

2 things, Why Notman, the poor little sod didn''t get a chance before his injury (maybe i just feel sorry for him) and Matteo Sereni hasn''t done badly since leaving Ipswich, Lazio have liked him!

Victor Segura has to have one of the defensive slots for me and Des Hamilton & Gary Brady comfortably oust the competition in central midfield.

Poor old Coney - comfortably the worst striker we have seen yet cant evenmake the starting line up in the worst of.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Check out this old thread for some inspiration. http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/628794/ShowPost.aspx

My team....

Tracey

Derveld - Segura - De Waard

Southall - Carey - Hamilton - Dalglish

Benjamin - Coote - Peschosolido

[/quote]

3 strikers, yet still no Dean Coney... How is this possible? One goal scored & that was off his arse!! He was truely terrible. As was Akinbuyi

[

agreed.. "Wee alex" was skilfull, pacy and had a great touch to him... unlucky not to score more than his solitary strike and unlucky with injury... could of been a great right winger for us...

Remember his cross for a certain goal in the millenium stadium? pinpoint.... I went to his Testimonial and am glad to see he got a great turn out

Henrik Mortenson (spelling?) was yet another quality striker to have graced the hallowed turf of Carrow Road....

i actually played against adrian coote, when he was guesting for gorleston u18s , i played for hethersett, and if i remember rightly he whooped us!

for bad players, what about matt rush?, ulf otterson? michael twiss? neale fenn? ged murphey? neil moore?

does andy marshall make it into the list for doing a u know what?

I''d forgotten about Ulf.  I saw him play for Norwich where he tried an overhead kick from the halfway line - not sure why.  When he finally scored, the Sun quoted him as "Johnny Ottosson."

If I remember rightly, he tried hard, but was rubbish.

Ditto Matthew Rush - for a while, we enjoyed singing "Keep it low, like Matthew Rush, bravo win or die" but it didn''t catch on.

Neither did (to the tune of Viva Espana) - la la la la la la la la - it''s Victor Segura.  Probably because he was crap too.

In fact, they should all go in, and Notman''s dropping to the bench.  Appreciate that unlucky injury but IIRC, he was the Ronnie Corbett to David Healy''s Ronnie Barker.

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

i actually played against adrian coote, when he was guesting for gorleston u18s , i played for hethersett, and if i remember rightly he whooped us!

for bad players, what about matt rush?, ulf otterson? michael twiss? neale fenn? ged murphey? neil moore?

does andy marshall make it into the list for doing a u know what?

[/quote]

Fenn and Rush were both Decent Players...

MAtt rush was Excellent in his west ham days

Very intersesting to note here that dispite all of those claims of  ''we have the worst team ever'' noone has mentioned any current players.

Mind you, we havent heard from ''Alex(shortly to hang himself)NCFC yet.