Sign in to follow this  
Taxing

For God's sake throw Martin in at the deep end, go on just do it

"Super-kid won''t be thrown in at deep end

By CHRIS LAKEY

Canaries super-kid Chris Martin is closing in on a place in the Norwich City first team squad - but he won''t be thrown in at the deep end."

I can see it now, Chris Martin will be "on the fringe of the first team" but not get "an extended run" for the next 5 years.

yeah i know, ''he''s not ready for first team football yet'' and peter thorne is?! seriously we only have 1 decent striker at the club and he''s a ''major doubt'' that leaves a 33yrold crocked thorne and ryan jarvis who just hasn''t developed, if we cant play them now when can we play them? or atleast let him do what west ham did with defoe and send him on loan to a side in league 1

Chris Martin''s 18. IMO he should be on the sub''s bench for tomorrow and be ready to come on for the last 20 mins. He''s bang on form young, energetic and motivated. He should be given his chance. There''s the old saying "If it works don''t fix it" . It patently isn''t working so introduce new faces.

[quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"]"Super-kid won''t be thrown in at deep end

By CHRIS LAKEY

Canaries super-kid Chris Martin is closing in on a place in the Norwich City first team squad - but he won''t be thrown in at the deep end."

I can see it now, Chris Martin will be "on the fringe of the first team" but not get "an extended run" for the next 5 years.

[/quote]

Bench him as a reward for effort.......[Y]

What harm can it do the lad....and it might just inspire a few others.

It would be superb and refreshing to see some of the next generation of youth come through to the first team. I remain convinced that they will be better than the previous youth, Jarvis, Henderson, etc.

Lets give him a go.

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"][quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"]"Super-kid won''t be thrown in at deep end

By CHRIS LAKEY

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t believe it, I agree with Cluck! I don''t usually scream for the youngsters to be piled in come hell or high water, as I don''t watch youth or reserve games and so don''t know how ready he is, but all the signs are that Grant likes him, and that he''s capable, and at the moment his confidence should be through the roof. If it''s a choice between having him on the bench or Thorne, Jarvis, or McVeigh, I''d rather see him being given some recognition at a job done well. The young boy Smart seems to be progressing well as well, and maybe should be looked at later in the year.

He maybe an exception to the norm, but somebody once decided to field Theo Walcott at the tender age of 16 and look at the lofty heights he''s already reaching - likewise with Rooney.

Looking at our present plight concerning forwards it would be a bad decision for Grant not to include young Martin in the line up for Southampton.

So expect another bad decision.

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Cluck in Boots"][quote user="Baron Bludgeon 1"]"Super-kid won''t be thrown in at deep end

By CHRIS LAKEY

[/quote]

[/quote]

I can''t believe it, I agree with Cluck! I don''t usually scream for the youngsters to be piled in come hell or high water, as I don''t watch youth or reserve games and so don''t know how ready he is, but all the signs are that Grant likes him, and that he''s capable, and at the moment his confidence should be through the roof. If it''s a choice between having him on the bench or Thorne, Jarvis, or McVeigh, I''d rather see him being given some recognition at a job done well. The young boy Smart seems to be progressing well as well, and maybe should be looked at later in the year.

[/quote]

Don''t worry Canary 02......It was just a misprint because I actually said "Lynch him".......Close one though eh?...........[:)]

I managed to kill an earlier thread with the post below. I wonder if it''ll have the smae affect here?...

[quote user="mbncfc"]

If he doesn''t play, we could be in all kind of trouble. It is those creative sparks that we''re missing. I mean, I''m no Scientist but anyone who can run at the speed of sound deserves a run out - everythings not lost yet. If it was a choice between him or me upfront, I''d make sure he was in my place everytime, especially as we seem to be heading back to square one...

(If you''re going to go down, you may as well do it in a big explosion of tragic ''humour''... possibly an indication of too much Coldplay knowledge as well... [:$])

[/quote]

[quote user="mbncfc"]

I managed to kill an earlier thread with the post below. I wonder if it''ll have the smae affect here?...

[quote user="mbncfc"]

If he doesn''t play, we could be in all kind of trouble. It is those creative sparks that we''re missing. I mean, I''m no Scientist but anyone who can run at the speed of sound deserves a run out - everythings not lost yet. If it was a choice between him or me upfront, I''d make sure he was in my place everytime, especially as we seem to be heading back to square one...

(If you''re going to go down, you may as well do it in a big explosion of tragic ''humour''... possibly an indication of too much Coldplay knowledge as well... [:$])

[/quote][/quote]Surprised you missed the obvious ''Yellow''!

[quote user="no1 donny fan"]we need a super kid and we need him now[/quote]

the problem is not just the defence, it is the midfield, that is why we are spending all the game defending. Even the best defences will struggle if they have 90 mins of back to wall the defending.

My lad''s a good 13 year old........Cries a bit if he gets tackled, but any port in a storm I say!...............[:)]

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"]

My lad''s a good 13 year old........Cries a bit if he gets tackled, but any port in a storm I say!...............[:)]

[/quote]

Cries a bit if he gets tackled... He''s the new Hucks! Does he stop crying when he realises the ref has ignored him as well! 

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Cluck in Boots"]

[/quote]

Cries a bit if he gets tackled... He''s the new Hucks! Does he stop crying when he realises the ref has ignored him as well! 

[/quote]

[:)]....No....he keeps crying until I blow his nose and give him a sweetie.......

(He''d kill me if he knew what I was saying about him).........

No surprises there then ! What a breath of fresh air it would have been if Martin had been on the subs bench and come on for the last 20 mins or so full of youthful energy, enthusiasm and a point to prove or especially as Thorne missed two good opportunities in the dying minutes to equalise. Instead, Hucks is substituted and who comes on but ............. Fleming.

Gareth Bale, the 17 year old Southampton player, was given 9 out of 10 in the Eastern Evening News. Funny that George Burley does not think that a 17 year old is too young but then he''s a far, far, better manager than Grant will ever be,