Sign in to follow this  
The Voice of the Thorpe Area

More Linnets news

brilliant news! not sure if they will show it here down in the kent pubs but its worth a try!

also i read that any clubs involved in a tv tie will automatically recieve £75,000! i mean we could use that so imagine what a massiv help that is to king''s lynn

heres to the dream tie in the third round!

Linnets Vs Canaries in the 3rd round!this is great news for kings lynn, hopefully they can grind out a results.the money is also good news for when a new manager takes over, a bit of money to spend.

[quote user="Ghostly"]8pm Friday December 1st, live on Sky Sports! 
[/quote]

Is this when the Lynn Vs Oldham match is one or when the potential clash of the titans Lynn Vs Norwich would be on?

[quote user="Tom NCFC"]

[quote user="Ghostly"]8pm Friday December 1st, live on Sky Sports!  [/quote]

Is this when the Lynn Vs Oldham match is one or when the potential clash of the titans Lynn Vs Norwich would be on?

[/quote]Oldham, the third round is January.  Bring on the binners!

King''s Lynn v Oldham Athletic 8pm December 1st, live on Sky [:D]

The Walks has a capacity of 3,750 lets fill it!!

Fantastic news for the town and the board of King''s Lynn, the team have done so well to get to this stage........so lets show our appreciation and turn out in force on the night. Shaun Carey will be the new manager of KLFC for sure if he can pull this cup shock off!

I''ll be there will you?

Come on the Linnets

The walks had a capacity of 8500 up until a few years ago.  The reduced capacity was enforced by the police and the council a few years back because of (I believe) insufficient exits.Despite being live on Sky, I still think the 3750 (or possibly more) tickets will sell out quickly.

im suprised that nobody has mentioned switching the tie to the carrow rd, or even cambs/peterboro

[quote user="Greg Sayer"]

im suprised that nobody has mentioned switching the tie to the carrow rd, or even cambs/peterboro

[/quote]I dont think thats a realistic option unless they beat Oldham and draw a Premier league giant at home in the third round.  Look what happened to Havant and Waterlooville, £10,000 out of pocket after being forced to switch their tie to Fratton Park.  Plus Lynn is over 40 miles from all those towns you mentioned, not exactly ''just around the corner''............

Anyone wanting a ticket for the Oldham game will need to attend the next home match.TICKET ARRANGEMENTS

Tickets will be on sale for the first time this Saturday at the ground.

Turnstiles will open at 1pm and the tickets will be sold INSIDE the ground from the commercial office.

Initially you will be allowed to purchase TWO tickets per person.

Season ticket holders and vice presidents are automatically entitled to TWO tickets.

These must be claimed within 7 days from Saturday as after that time any that remain will go on general sale.

Further announcements will be made in due course.

Admission prices for the Oldham game as follows.

GROUND ONLY £10/£5 and MAIN STAND SEATING £12/£6.

The Oldham game will be ALL TICKET.

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]Does anyone else feel this is what REAL football is mean''t to be like? It''s a long way from Champions League but it''s the soul of the game.[/quote]

Definitely. the ''Champions League'' is simply exhibitionism and money making for the rich.

Give me FA Cup giant killing any day...

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]Does anyone else feel this is what REAL football is mean''t to be like? It''s a long way from Champions League but it''s the soul of the game.[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more. To be honest, I believe that anything below the crazy 100k a week wages (ie the championship) is REAL football!

Carey, Grant.  What other distinctly average players from our terrifyingly bad period will pop up in management next?  How about Chris Llewellyn or Lee Marshall taking over at Charlton??  Any midfielders I have missed??

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]

Shaun Carey in charge, shows you never know what''s around the corner.

Hope this brings Lynn some serious revenue.

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Carey, Grant.  What other distinctly average players from our terrifyingly bad period will pop up in management next?  How about Chris Llewellyn or Lee Marshall taking over at Charlton??  Any midfielders I have missed??

[quote user="Troy Tempest"]

Shaun Carey in charge, shows you never know what''s around the corner.

Hope this brings Lynn some serious revenue.

[/quote][/quote]

I dont remember Cary Grant managing City. He did well to fit all that in. [:D]Must have been in the fifties. Before my time.