Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

Why Shouldn't we talk about Worthington?

I can''t understand some posters saying that we should stop writing about Nigel Worthington just cause he''s gone!

Just because Peter Mendham has left doesn''t mean we don''t talk about him?

JUst because he isn''t here anymore doesn''t mean we can''t talk about him, he''s canary history, so is Mendham, so is Eadie, Saunders, Megson, Adams so I think we can talk about whoever we like as long as they have links with us!

Maybe because even the most ardent KTF knows they were wrong and are now seeing that Worthy had obviously lost the dressing room.

Peter Grant has come in and has no problem kicking a--- from the very start.

Him bringing in the Portsmouth goalkeeper on loan and putting him straight in the team shows he is not afraid to make decisions before things fall apart.

He is sending a clear message that everybodies place is up for grabs including those who think their place is safe because we lack cover.

[quote user="pete"]I don''t know about you chaps but its going to take many more improved results and performances to forget Nigel''s dire football and dreary persona and until I do the jibes will be made in Worthy''s direction, Worthybashing a legitimate pasttime. [/quote]

Dire football ?- not always, but getting worse. Dreary persona? I''d have said dour & rather unimaginitive. OK, dreary then. So fine to bring these up, if it gives you pleasure. But, please, spare us all the other lying, insulting rubbish spouted about him (& everybody else in charge) that''s been going on here for the past year or so.

Don''t get uptight, no one''s saying you''re not allowed to talk about him.  We just can''t understand why you want to.  WOs = Worthy Obsessives if you ask me.  You have a perfect right to post boring pointless rubbish if you wish.  But why???

I think if you look at the England scenario........Eriksson is still haunting things and will do so until we see some progress.

I didn''t rate Worthington one bit.......but analysis of where it all went wrong (or right) is necessary to put it all behind us.

[quote user="cluck"]

I think if you look at the England scenario........Eriksson is still haunting things and will do so until we see some progress.

I didn''t rate Worthington one bit.......but analysis of where it all went wrong (or right) is necessary to put it all behind us.

[/quote] Eriksson haunting things? No, Mclaren is finding his way in international MANAGEMENT. Fault the english prima donnas for not being able to adapt. Why do we need analasis to put things behind us? Six away wins in two years!! Nuff said.

Peter Grants Green and Yellow Army

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]Have none of you ever heard of the expression ''Move on!''[/quote]

I''m not sure if my point is getting through here!

I''ll try and spell it out simply, Ok I am very happy he''s gone but as he is Norwich History I think you are allowed to post stuff about him on here, or is it suddenly illegal?

You tell me to move on? I tell you to stop nit picking and just let people post what they like!

[quote user="steins are go"]Eriksson haunting things? No, Mclaren is finding his way in international MANAGEMENT. Fault the english prima donnas for not being able to adapt. Why do we need analasis to put things behind us? Six away wins in two years!! Nuff said.

[/quote]

Erikson is haunting things in an entirely wrong way!!  Steve seems to be trying so hard to do things differently and stamp his own mark on the job, he isn''t actually doing WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE TEAM.

This all stems from the fact he ws eriksson''s assistant. A manager from outside the setup would not have had this problem.

This probably should be a new thread CJF. But what in your opinion would be good for the England team? I think Mclaren has learnt his lesson and we will be back to 4-4-2 next time.

And he is all we have got now as the F.A. did not have the balls to appoint the great one at villa.

Your thoughts please....

Ericsson haunting England??

Only by being successful with a fairly talentless group of players - 2006 WC excluded, which was a failure.

What we are now seeing is how average our players are. Apart from Gerrard (who doesn''t usually play well for England anyway) and Rooney, what have we got? Ashley Cole - overrated. Fat Frank - overrated. Robinson - Overrated. Rio - overrated, and slack. JT - rock solid, but not Nesta or Cannavaro. Owen - great but flimsy. Neville? Ugggh.

Overrated.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="steins are go"]Eriksson haunting things? No, Mclaren is finding his way in international MANAGEMENT. Fault the english prima donnas for not being able to adapt. Why do we need analasis to put things behind us? Six away wins in two years!! Nuff said.

[/quote]

Erikson is haunting things in an entirely wrong way!!  Steve seems to be trying so hard to do things differently and stamp his own mark on the job, he isn''t actually doing WHAT IS GOOD FOR THE TEAM.

This all stems from the fact he ws eriksson''s assistant. A manager from outside the setup would not have had this problem.

[/quote]

You''re right of course. Steve Mclaren really was a bad choice purely because he was tainted by everything that went on before. Typical of the FA to choose the easy route....and cling on to the tardy old backroom staff.  Jobs for the boys. I hope Grant will soon be allowed to assemble his own staff so that all traces of the Worthington era can be removed.

I''m impressed with the start Grant has made despite my whingeing......not because of the results, but because he is up there getting passionate. It''s been a long time since I saw that in earnest at Carrow Road and that''s all I wanted to see.

Just one point, if NW getting a new job effects the compensation package then it effects our club.

I know Doncaster has come out and said it wont be effected YET I have read a few normally reliable sources who said worthy was NOT on a rolling type contract as had been reported.

It was speculated that it took a big chunk of change to pay him of.

Obviously I dont know the truth but its interesting that Grant was offered a straight 3.5 year deal rather than a rolling contract of some sort.

[quote user="Mook"]It''s the bickering about him that needs to stop, that''s all.[/quote]I agree the bickering should stop right here, lets just leave it all behind us now and all agree that Worthy was a cr@p manager who was left in charge waaaaaayyyy toooo long!!!           no need to bicker about that one!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Mook"]It''s the bickering about him that needs to stop, that''s all.[/quote]

I agree the bickering should stop right here, lets just leave it all behind us now and all agree that Worthy was a cr@p manager who was left in charge waaaaaayyyy toooo long!!!           no need to bicker about that one![/quote]

Agreed [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="Mook"]It''s the bickering about him that needs to stop, that''s all.[/quote]

I agree the bickering should stop right here, lets just leave it all behind us now and all agree that Worthy was a cr@p manager who was left in charge waaaaaayyyy toooo long!!!           no need to bicker about that one![/quote]

Agreed [:D]

[/quote]

Hux''s place was safe under Worthy though CA. Now for the first time since he came here the pressure is well and truly on.

Like I said in another post, Peter Grant''s only loyalty is to the team.