Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

I'm going to protest on Sunday

At USAF Lakenheath.  Against having enough nuclear bombs to destroy the planet only 20 miles from my home.  Or anywhere else for that matter.  It will more than likely be pissing down with rain.  It won''t change anything straight away and possibly not at all.  That''s no excuse for not trying. 

Some things matter more than football.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

I''m being naieve again, aren''t I ?

[/quote]

without protests the only way worthington would be sacked was by relegation to division one. Even then Barry Skipper said he would not be sacked.

We have a spineless pathetic Board.  Jobs for friends.

Funny old world we live in, the USA and UK invade a sovereign state that has never attacked (or threatened to attack) either the USA or UK on the basis that said sovereign state may have "weapons of mass destruction" (WMD), yet the USA and the UK are known to have a huge stockpile of WMD and have shown they are not afraid to use them .......

Paul, don''t you get bored of trotting the same lines out 50-odd times a day?

I''m not saying you''re wrong, but you are becoming as annoying as Nigel''s post match interviews!

Indeed, in fact to my knowledge there is only one nation that has actually used nuclear weapons in the annihilation of two heavily populated cities. Seems to be conveniently forgotten sometimes.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

I''m being naieve again, aren''t I ?

[/quote]

without protests the only way worthington would be sacked was by relegation to division one. Even then Barry Skipper said he would not be sacked.

We have a spineless pathetic Board.  Jobs for friends.

[/quote]

Worthington''s fate has little if anything to do with protests. It will be results on the pitch which determine his fate. When the board share the fans opinions he will go until then your protests are just a waste of time at best.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Jobs for friends.[/quote]

Cool, maybe Graham Norton could be manager then ?  He was Delia''s flat-mate in the 80s, apparently...

[/quote]No that was Ken Norton the heavyweight boxer who shared with Delia in the 80''s not Graham Norton although they both got beaten around the ring as far as I''m aware, so can understand why you got confused

Hey Mystic.. Bet you never guessed where this was going when you first posted this!

Nine posts so far : USAF Lakenheath to CND to Barry Skipper to Iraq to Nigel''s Interviews to Graham Norton to World War Two back to Nigel Worthington and finally to Boxing!

I love this message board!!

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

Cool, maybe Graham Norton could be manager then ?  He was Delia''s flat-mate in the 80s, apparently...

[/quote]

No that was Ken Norton the heavyweight boxer who shared with Delia in the 80''s not Graham Norton although they both got beaten around the ring as far as I''m aware, so can understand why you got confused
[/quote]

Disgraceful innuendo......Now go and wash your vile mouth out - with 8 pints of ale!

I personally thought it would be a ''Triumph Norton'' got battered around the ring.......as he was also the resident bike. Bum! Bum![:D]

[quote user="John Boubepo"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]

No that was Ken Norton the heavyweight boxer who shared with Delia in the 80''s not Graham Norton although they both got beaten around the ring as far as I''m aware, so can understand why you got confused
[/quote]

Didn''t he go on to make a film? That would be the showbiz connection.