Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Best wishes to Shaun Carey

I agree completely. Apparently he has kids on the way and isn''t blessed with a club that can afford to phelp him much financially during his recovery. He''ll be out of work (not sure what his full time job is?) too...

He was a hard working City player. I think that''s enough...

Best wishes Shaun.

I was at Lynn the other night and it was the sort of incident that turns your stomach. You could hear his leg break around the ground following an absolutely evil tackle which was designed to do what it did. And what did the ref do having seen the bone sticking out - yellow card. The thug who did it needs banning from football for a long time and locking up for GBH. No Shaun wasn''t a Canary legend but he didn''t deserve what he got on Tuesday. Best wishes mate for as speedy a recovery as you can make. 

Sickening challenge by the sounds of it.

Carey wasnt a great player by any means but u wouldnt wish that on anyone...

I havent seen the incident but it sounds like the ref bottled it... Sadly at that level there isnt the coverage u get at Professional level (even in the Conference north/south) so the thug will be free to maim anyone else he see''s fit.

Does the guy have a "reputation" like Muscat?

My dad used to always say to me as a boy, when we saw someone like Vinnie jones play "if u come up against someone like him on the football pitch then ur going to get hurt, so in a ''you and him'' situation u make sure its him.. Each and every time.." a method i agree in, if ur up against a thug EG Jones, Muscat etc then u do him before he does u.. or a team mate...

jas :)

[quote user="Alex Harvey-Jones"]Hearing something like this about a player at any level is dreadful! Good luck for a speedy recovery Shaun and all the best for the birth of your child! [/quote]

Went to a Lynn game last year - my old man''s company sponsored the game - Carey got the MOTM champagne, so had a good chat with him.  Top bloke. 

Here''s hoping for a full recovery.

The one thing I hate most about football is seeing players get a bad injury whether they are Norwich or not.  I have a lot of players I dislike for various reasons but I generally wouldn''t wish that upon anyone (with the possible exception of the likes of Muscat who set out to deliberately injure others).

Get well Shaun and hope you''re playing again soon.