Sign in to follow this  
Baldyboy

PAT BOYLE

according to the sun pat boyle a left back from everton is poised to sign on loan for city, has anybody ever heard of him? i know its the sun and is therefore nothing substantial but why are we going for a player nobody has heard of?

Because all the decent ones were snapped up by forward thinking clubs during the close season and before the transfer window closed.

This is what wikipedia says :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Boyle

Patrick Boyle (born March 20, 1987 in Glasgow) is a Scottish football defender playing for Everton F.C.. He regularly represents his country at under 19 level.

Boyle signed terms for Everton''s academy in 2003, from Scottish side Livingston. He performed well in his first two years for the academy and reserves and in July 2005 the versatile defender was rewarded with a one year professional contract.

During the 05/06 campaign he had loan spells at Walsall, Rushden and Diamonds and Chester City. Boyle was named on the substitutes bench for the FA Cup 4th Round tie against Chelsea in March 2006. In the summer of 2006 he signed a one year extentsion to his contract.

He made his first appearances for the first team in the 2006 pre-season. He impressed throughout basing his game on the likes of Gianluca Zambrotta and Fabio Grosso who performed so well during the World Cup 2006.

Sounds like he''s a decent young professional who isn''t getting games at Everton.  I''d imagine he''d be cover for Adam Drury ?

[quote user="baldyboy"]according to the sun pat boyle a left back from everton is poised to sign on loan for city, has anybody ever heard of him? i know its the sun and is therefore nothing substantial but why are we going for a player nobody has heard of?[/quote]

He`s a 19 yr old  Everton   academy product , born in Glasgow ,  good enough to play   international  for the under 19`s  , recently  had some 1st team experience , done good !     nominaly a left back  ,  can play midfield  .

Why not ? 

Sounds like decent cover to me.  It''s something we''re desperate for on the left side and lets be honest, we''re not going to buy a first choice left back when we have Drury here.  Another young pro that Hunter knows about possibly (even though he''s Scottish).

[quote user="Kathy"]Because all the decent ones were snapped up by forward thinking clubs during the close season and before the transfer window closed.[/quote]

Can you name a few of the decent left backs snapped up by championship clubs?[*-)]

[quote user="Kathy"]Because all the decent ones were snapped up by forward thinking clubs during the close season and before the transfer window closed.[/quote]

Which ones were they Kathy?

[quote user="Mook"]Yes Kathy, cos we really need Ashley Cole as cover for Drury...[/quote]

Mook - I think you have brainwashed by the club into the "little Norwich" mentality.  If this board had any ambition.......................

[quote user="baldyboy"]according to the sun pat boyle a left back from everton is poised to sign on loan for city, has anybody ever heard of him? i know its the sun and is therefore nothing substantial but why are we going for a player nobody has heard of?[/quote]

who had heard of croft before we signed him?

I ''incyst'' that we take a look at ''boil''.....is he from acne?

What is ''zit'' about NCFC? Why can''t we ''spot'' decent talent eh?

Nigel Worthington always said that Doug Livermore helped to single out transfer Targets.. if Hunter is now doing that then why is Doug Livermor still at the club? Paid to sit down and drink tea? i think so.

Back on topic though, If we do Land Boyle id like to see him in for Drury, since our Premiership season i think Drurys form has dipped, and his tendancy to go walkies in matches thus costing us goals means he shouldnt be first choice, he''s too light weight for one and bottles tackles when he thinks he can get hurt.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Nigel Worthington always said that Doug Livermore helped to single out transfer Targets.. if Hunter is now doing that then why is Doug Livermor still at the club? Paid to sit down and drink tea? i think so.

Back on topic though, If we do Land Boyle id like to see him in for Drury, since our Premiership season i think Drurys form has dipped, and his tendancy to go walkies in matches thus costing us goals means he shouldnt be first choice, he''s too light weight for one and bottles tackles when he thinks he can get hurt.

jas :)

[/quote]

Doug Livermore is sponsored by the NCISA so maybe they can tell you why he is there and what his duties are. However, if it''s to take flak from the fans instead of Worthy and Hughes getting it I''m sure it will be money well spent! [;)]