Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Boyle joins on loan

Perfect signing in my opinion.

He''s not going to cost a fortune and is cover for Ads while he''s getting used to the trials and tribulations of parenthood. No doubt if we hadn''t signed a (versatile) left-back there would be moans and groans when the bleary eyes start to show after a few late nights.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

WHO????????????

Worthy''s up to his old tricks of wasting what little money we have, speaks volumes for our youth policy does this.

[/quote]

Good old Wiz back to pantomime villain - boo hiss, he''s behind you!

To be fair, didn''t people say the same about Croft?

WHO????????????

Worthy''s up to his old tricks of wasting what little money we have, speaks volumes for our youth policy does this.

[/quote]

yeah apparently Ashley Cole had a better offer!

"Trial and tribulations of parenthood" !!!!!!!! What poppycock. What is it now then ? One year on full pay for a father after the birth of his baby or is it longer ? Mein Gott when my children were born I was up the next day at 4.00 A..M for the morning shift and my wife went back down the coal mine for the night shift the following evening and the baby got a job filling shelves at Tesco.. On a serious note, I agree with the reference to our youth policy. Apparently, England youth internationals like Hendo and Jarvis who are now, what, in their early twenties are still not deemed mature/strong enough/ready for 1st team full selection but, on the other hand, we are happy to bring in 19 year olds from other clubs. Barmy if you ask me. By the way, having seen Hendo last Saturday at Coventry it confirmed to me that, sadly, he is not good enough. If the club is of the same opinion they really should let him get on with his career elsewhere but I suppose that our squad is now so pitifully thin that the view is that we just need "bodies". I can''t believe how things have declined so dramatically since we won the Championship only 2 seasons ago. The Directors go on about running the club more efficiently as any business should be run but in any other commercial sector the same directors would be held to account for the terrible failures of the last two seasons and be sacked. I wonder how much money these same directors take out of the club in remuneration.

I want to pull off some Huckerby Crouch type loans , well done Nigel another remarkable piece of buisiness .

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Marty - What a silly response, did 1st Wiz actually say we should have signed Ashley Cole?, I agree with Wiz to a degree, whilst I am sure Boyle is a very talented youngster it does kind of beg the question what we have our own academy for.[/quote]

he was critisising a player he has never heard of and therefore know nothing about him! does this mean he is bad? my reply was meant to be sarcastic, maybe some people understood that! I can explain it more if necessary? the jist of my point being that unless we sign a world famous footballing legend people will (and do) moan. Did anyone get excited about Croft''s arrival? No, precisely, i rest my case.

[quote user="NotWorthy"]I want to pull off some Huckerby Crouch type loans , well done Nigel another remarkable piece of buisiness .[/quote]

Of of course you want the moon on a stick too, anything other than a top class footballer signing for us and you will moan, maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt for once, afterall his last unknown signing seems to be doing rather well doesn''t he? you always fail to mention things like that, until you start looking at the positive why should we tolerate your non stop complaining?

[quote user="Marty"]

[quote user="NotWorthy"]I want to pull off some Huckerby Crouch type loans , well done Nigel another remarkable piece of buisiness .[/quote]

Of of course you want the moon on a stick too, anything other than a top class footballer signing for us and you will moan, maybe you should give him the benefit of the doubt for once, afterall his last unknown signing seems to be doing rather well doesn''t he? you always fail to mention things like that, until you start looking at the positive why should we tolerate your non stop complaining?

[/quote]Perhaps he is just wants the club to deliver what they say they will. It was stated that he was after some Huckerby/Crouch type signing just like the club said we need 3 or 4 new player in the summer. Just like the club said that promotion is our aim. They talk the talk.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"][quote user="Marty"]

[/quote]Perhaps he is just wants the club to deliver what they say they will. It was stated that he was after some Huckerby/Crouch type signing just like the club said we need 3 or 4 new player in the summer. Just like the club said that promotion is our aim. They talk the talk.[/quote]

I have never ever seen a positve message from him, you may think that constantly slagging off the manager is positive but I don''t, every message has a dig at the manager. Even reference to the huckerby/crouch signing is said in a negative way, like why can''t we do that every year? Such a simplitic view gets on my t*ts. When he posts something positive, for once, I may take more time to understand his view point, but not until the blinkers come off.

Seems pretty straight forward to me.

We need cover at left back. So we got in someone on loan to cover (it was never going to be a top class LB because he''s cover, not someone to walk into the side).

Obviously, the club want to sign loan players to make an impact - hence the comments from the club. I don''t, for one minute, think that Boyle was brought in as the catalyst to anything, but for cover for a couple of positions which we''re very short on - something I believe everyone thinks is necessary.

My opinion. Seems pretty straight forward to me... 

Love the headline, "Boyle in the bag"!!!

Seriously, seems like decent cover.  If Drury was to disappear suddenly (and there''s every chance he will do soon when his wife gives birth) we would be up **** creek.  Seems like a decent prospect too.

is this going to be a case of paying someone high wages to sit on the bench all over again? i know we need cover but hes only 19 and never played a first team game so why have we signed him? surely we have a young player to cover drury, i would rather we got someone in to replace hux for a month!

WHO????????????

Worthy''s up to his old tricks of wasting what little money we have, [/quote]

I can''t see that a 1 month loan for a 19 year old untried everton youngter is going to be very expensive. He wont be on any more than 1k a week i reckon x by 5 weeks and other little fees arent going to even break our bank.

Maybe, just maybe worthy''s being clever and not wasting big wages etc on a better left back who is going to be cover and sit on the bench or in the stands. Everything NW does is being critisixed. WHY?