Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Get us another goal scorer.

[quote user="Marty"]Are you on about Earnshaw? if so he has a track record of scoring goals wherever he has been. There are better looking srikers out there that will have far worse goal scroing stats than him. Alhtough I admit he looks a little rusty.[/quote]No sorry for the confusion I was talking about jarvis

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Marty"]Are you on about Earnshaw? if so he has a track record of scoring goals wherever he has been. There are better looking srikers out there that will have far worse goal scroing stats than him. Alhtough I admit he looks a little rusty.[/quote]

No sorry for the confusion I was talking about jarvis
[/quote]

Not sure how many full appearances Jarvis has made though, I guess lots have been from the bench. I do agree that we could do with another quality forward but it will be difficult to get one much better than what we have already. I think the prices for good strikers are just too high, but then again Croft looks like a bargain at £700,000.

Thought it was a good point against Derby yesterday, with a bit more composure in front of goal could have been 3 points.

Do not want to sound as if i am moaning as City  have started the season really well playing the kind of football we all want to see,

would be nice to see a big forward signed up  so we can change our formation around if things are not going our way and be able to hold the ball up or lay off balls for ernie to hammer home!!

I know a few names have been mentioned but what about Mark De Vries, think he is still at Leicester a big lad who get`s stuck in holds it up well  and would do a good job for City.  I  am sure i read Kilmarnock tried to sign him last week but could not afford him, sure he would be well within City`s budget what do the rest of you City fans think ?

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Middle of the Road"]

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]Foghorn, could you please post up your claim about Thorne''s supposed £8000 a week wages as you stated in " Before I tell you, would you be disgusted if you found out it was true? " ?[/quote]

I wouldn''t hold my breath if I were you. This is a typical tactic. They say anything in an attempt to make the club look bad, but when anyone challenges them on it they fail to back it up. City Angel is the worst at this - whenever she is challenged you just get a long list of Worthy''s bad signings (which incidentally, until recently included Etuhu and Colin).

There is a tiny minority that will say anything to discredit Worthington - they won''t let the lack of truth or evidence put them off. Fortunately, most of us are on to them now!

[/quote]

You seemed odsessed by me but I do wish you wouldn''t make it up as you go along!!

Don''t think Ive ever mentioned Colin in a post, if I''m wrong show me!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Will do. In the meantime, I notice that you did not deny rubbishing Etuhu. I don''t suppose that there is any chance that you might admit you were wrong here is there?

" Peter Thorne was on £10,000 a week at Cardiff, he took a small wage drop when moving to Norwich City, that is where the £8000 a week generally bandied around when talking about Thorne comes from."

That''s not any proof. It''s just you posting up more random figures. Also what general bandying around is there beyond your ridiculous claim being challenged ?

Let us have something a bit more tangible, if only to disprove the notion that you are a serial fantasist incapable of anything beyond ludicrous fabrication.

ps you might wish to read this* which curiously has Thorne valued at around £500,000, 3 days before he signed for us for a free.

It also lists his wages as far less that the £10,000 you claim.

*http://www.thestar.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=59&ArticleID=1068214

or even

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005110713,00.html

This is very impressive detective work, Ralph.

The Sheffield Today article is particularly interesting. I was not aware that Warnock was interested in Thorne, nor that £500,000 was thought to be the price. Do we know if Cardiff contribute to his wages at all?

[quote user="Ralph Blight"] Peter Thorne was on £10,000 a week at Cardiff, he took a small wage drop when moving to Norwich City, that is where the £8000 a week generally bandied around when talking about Thorne comes from." That''s not any proof. It''s just you posting up more random figures. Also what general bandying around is there beyond your ridiculous claim being challenged ? Let us have something a bit more tangible, if only to disprove the notion that you are a serial fantasist incapable of anything beyond ludicrous fabrication. ps you might wish to read this* which curiously has Thorne valued at around £500,000, 3 days before he signed for us for a free. It also lists his wages as far less that the £10,000 you claim. *http://www.thestar.co.uk/ViewArticle2.aspx?SectionID=59&ArticleID=1068214 or even http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2005110713,00.html

[/quote]

Point taken Ralph, I was only using figures quoted from another board. So with teh small wage drop Thorne is only on £6000 a week then!!  lol!!

Top 6 or a disastrous mistake by the board to keep on this failing old man....

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]You heard it hear first CJF, all your media sources are pure fabrication and fantasy, if you want absolute fact and definitive guidance on all things football then use the source recommended by our resident expert Ralph Wright.....Sheffield Today!![/quote]

having read that article it would appear that Sheffield United were on the verge of signing Peter Thorne, Alan Lee and Neil Mellor!!  That is probably about as accurate as what a bloke down the pub tells ya, but as it is in print and linked to the star!!!  lol

Almost as accuarate as the local rag here which has on 3 seperate occasions claimed we finished eigth in recent articles....

I wonder how much Peter Thorne is on, a small wage drop apparantly?? Â£6000 - £6,500 - £7000 a week??

Neither any of us know what Peter Thorne was and is paid. My point was that Foghorn had not been able to substantiate his claim(again) yet it did not stop him from posting up a figure and pontificating upon that. Something he continues to do.

However what does seem to be readily known is that those who have a great wish to attack the club don''t seem to have the same great wish for proof or accuracy.

ps SoB, it was also in the Sun

Ralph - The fact it was in the Sun means it must be true??!!. A guy who played in the same footy team as myself many moons ago was a freelance journo, he used to report on Norwich games, they used to appear in both the Evening News (under his own name) and the Daily Mirror (under a nom de plume). I would guess that the articles in the Sheffiled Today and the Sun were one and the same, rather than two separate articles. I understand the point you were trying to prove.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]You heard it hear first CJF, all your media sources are pure fabrication and fantasy, if you want absolute fact and definitive guidance on all things football then use the source recommended by our resident expert Ralph Wright.....Sheffield Today!![/quote]

having read that article it would appear that Sheffield United were on the verge of signing Peter Thorne, Alan Lee and Neil Mellor!!  That is probably about as accurate as what a bloke down the pub tells ya, but as it is in print and linked to the star!!!  lol

Almost as accuarate as the local rag here which has on 3 seperate occasions claimed we finished eigth in recent articles....

I wonder how much Peter Thorne is on, a small wage drop apparantly?? Â£6000 - £6,500 - £7000 a week??

[/quote]

But then again, a lot more accurate that what a bloke (lets use the name Paul in this example) posts on a message board.

"Ralph - The fact it was in the Sun means it must be true??!!. A guy who played in the same footy team as myself many moons ago was a freelance journo, he used to report on Norwich games, they used to appear in both the Evening News (under his own name) and the Daily Mirror (under a nom de plume). I would guess that the articles in the Sheffiled Today and the Sun were one and the same, rather than two separate articles. I understand the point you were trying to prove.

Heaven forbid that I(or anyone should use the Sun as any form of reference. I''m never more than amazed than when people tell me they reas the Sun for the sport - rather like buying the Catholic Times for the dirty pictures ! It''s reports are usually ill informed second hand drivel that mostly contain angry quotes from one or either manager and the rest is just worthless puff, labelled as exclusives, that has been submitted by agents and PR companies.

In the main we don''t know, but certain folk on here seem to want to fill up this forum with endless attacks upon the club and/or manager on the lines on the same basis as the old argument of "when did you stop beating your wife ?''''

Perhaps they would be better following another club.

UEA, With all due respect for your views, when you use speculation on a result after the game has been played. Perhaps it would have been better to say, with Mckenzie we may have won.  This being wise and positive after an event is what has unfortunately dogged these boards for the last two seasons.

Sir Quinny, according to Huckerby, there are no academy players who are ready for first team duty,  and if I''m reading the boards correctly most posters seem to respect Huckerby''s opinions, even if they don''t rate Worthy''s. I''ve seen him play and am not greatly impressed he does''nt seem be mature enough especially when we compare him to the young man at Man UTD.

[quote user="Marty"]do not under estimate teams like Derby, they have a good squad and a good manager, they will do well this year. I went to the game and think we were unlucky not to get all 3 points, but these games are not simple. [/quote]

I agree with you but if we want to get out of this league then these games are the sort we have to be coming away from with three points. I wasn''t unhappy with a draw but it has to get better!

[quote user="beelsie"]UEA, With all due respect for your views, when you use speculation on a result after the game has been played. Perhaps it would have been better to say, with Mckenzie we may have won.  This being wise and positive after an event is what has unfortunately dogged these boards for the last two seasons.[/quote]Beelsie, firstly thanks for a polite reply, something you don''t often get on these boards. You are correct, it is a bit much to assume that we definatly would have won if Mckenzie were playing but I think the point I was trying to make was that IMHO if Mckenzie had played it was more likely we would have won. Your final point though I don''t really follow what your trying to say.