Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

The official my hat thread!

Dickson Etuhu, was that him out there today??  Last season he was awful, I saw him at Cambridge and he was awful, didnt even look like a footballer!

Bujt today he was superb, keep that up and we may well be top 6!  If he can push into the box a bit more we may well have a better player than Damien Francis on our hands!!

SO Dickson, well played my son!!  Keep it up!  Awesome!

I''ll join you in praising Mr Etuhu. A completely different player from last season and along with Safri and Robinson (who also had to proove himself to some extent) totally dominated the midfield tonight. If those three stay fit and we can get in a half decent back up then the weakest area last season could become our strongest. I''d also like to say well done to Jurgen Colin who I thought had his best game in a City shirt too. Think having Croft infront of him has really given him more confidence to go forward. Only question I have is will we sea Andy Hughes much more if the midfield 3 continue as they have. I bloody hope not = )

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Dickson Etuhu, was that him out there today??  Last season he was awful, I saw him at Cambridge and he was awful, didnt even look like a footballer!

Bujt today he was superb, keep that up and we may well be top 6!  If he can push into the box a bit more we may well have a better player than Damien Francis on our hands!!

[/quote]You change like the weather.Ice cold to red hot, while in reality although Dickson put in a great performance tonight, he''s nowhere near what he can be. He''s got a lot more to show us, if you''ll only let him. But if the usual suspects get on his back at games like they did last season he won''t reach that potential.I frankly find it very transparent and false for you to be singing his praises from the rooftops in a flash after your poisonous attitude towards him last season (and all close season)Be honest, one slighly iffy game and you''ll be slagging him again. Thats not the way to nurture a still young player, who seems to me very much a confidence player.Btw, he''s already better than Francis for my money, he wants to play for us.

[quote user="Herb"]

Thats not the way to nurture a still young player, who seems to me very much a confidence player.

Btw, he''s already better than Francis for my money, he wants to play for us.

[/quote]

I totally agree. The loan players last season were given a really rough ride. It''s a credit to Etuhu that he has persevered despite the obvious confidence knock that he got AS SOON as he arrived.

I am relieved that Croft ''hit the ground running'' (so to speak) so he will not have to endure the same.

[quote user="Herb"]

You change like the weather.
Ice cold to red hot, while in reality although Dickson put in a great performance tonight, he''s nowhere near what he can be. He''s got a lot more to show us, if you''ll only let him. But if the usual suspects get on his back at games like they did last season he won''t reach that potential.
I frankly find it very transparent and false for you to be singing his praises from the rooftops in a flash after your poisonous attitude towards him last season (and all close season)
Be honest, one slighly iffy game and you''ll be slagging him again. Thats not the way to nurture a still young player, who seems to me very much a confidence player.

[/quote]

to be honest Herb, yesterday I saw a player giving his all, last season I saw a lethargic lazy sod  giving NOTHING, ZERO, ambling around the center of the park and collecting a huge wage packet.  If, as he has said - his head was not right last season, fair enough.  Lets hope he keeps it up.

he absolutely dominated last night, his tackles had the crowd on their feet, a completely different player to last season, he didn t do anything spectacular with the ball but thats why we have hucks and earnie, ETUHU - man of the match last night

people aren''t allowed to change the mind these days, can win could he least he came out and admitted he might have been wrong and praised a player''s attitude and that he was wrong. More than most people on here would do, to add to this carl robinson is showing me wrong so far, keep it up mr.robinson.

Yes, but don''t you see Rich? That''s bloody easy. Criticising whenever you feel like it, only to change your mind when they prove you wrong.

Can''t we just stick behind these players, give them confidence and belief in the themselves, then maybe we''ll get better performances???

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

You change like the weather.
Ice cold to red hot, while in reality although Dickson put in a great performance tonight, he''s nowhere near what he can be. He''s got a lot more to show us, if you''ll only let him. But if the usual suspects get on his back at games like they did last season he won''t reach that potential.
I frankly find it very transparent and false for you to be singing his praises from the rooftops in a flash after your poisonous attitude towards him last season (and all close season)
Be honest, one slighly iffy game and you''ll be slagging him again. Thats not the way to nurture a still young player, who seems to me very much a confidence player.

[/quote]

''CJF'' was slagging off Etuhu as were everybody ! Although some did have confidence that he could become a good player after the last game of the season. He deserved the slagging  too and his slaggings off were perfectly justified form what we saw of him on the pitch. Not one person can say they were impressed with is overall performance last season. He was "lazy" and "lathargic to quote ''CJF''. I am just well pleased now he is starting to showing us how good he is. He used to be one of the top players in the Championship at Preston. Hopefully he can emulate and improve on how good he was in the past ! He could become a very valuable player.

After last Night ''Herb'', I think alot of people''s opinions of Etuhu "Changed like the weather"

Yes it was amazing, the change in Etuhu, shows what a good coach can do in such a short time.

Hunter In- Worthy Out!

[quote user="Mook"]

Yes, but don''t you see Rich? That''s bloody easy. Criticising whenever you feel like it, only to change your mind when they prove you wrong.

Can''t we just stick behind these players, give them confidence and belief in the themselves, then maybe we''ll get better performances???

[/quote]

It is very difficult not to slag off a player whom is lazy and lethargic on the football pitch, ambling around whilst picking up a huge pay packet. Unless that is they are thundering in 30 yarders every week.

Dickson had everything to prove after last season, he was underacheiving so much that some of us could not even beleive he was a footballer! Saturday and Last night are hopefully the start of a new Dicksion Etuhu, happy in Norwich and focussed on his football and determined to acheive his obvious (now anyway) massive potential that he had been hiding so well from us last season..

City Angel, to the best of my knowledge the prime mover in bringing Martin Hunter to the club was Nigel Worthington. The evidence to date suggests that this new combination is working but now you want to sack one of them. Please explain because the logic is escaping me

I certainly won''t be having a go, Paul. I totally agree, Dickson''s performance against QPR home was one of the worst midfield performances I''ve ever witnessed.

However, if he had been welcomed with open arms into a harmonious club, maybe we would already have seen the best of him? He is a confidence player. That is our job!

City Angel - there''s no way Hunter can change a player just like that. And if you would rather give an unproven manager a chance over Worthington then you''re completely weird.

Worthy may not be great, but at least he knows what he''s doing - last time we gave a coach the managers job, look what Bryan Hamilton did!

[quote user="Mook"]

However, if he had been welcomed with open arms into a harmonious club, maybe we would already have seen the best of him? He is a confidence player. That is our job!

[/quote]

I think that about right Mr Van Basten.  He joined an underperforming club a few months into the season after not playing that much at Preston.  If he had hit the ground running things may have been so different.

sorry mook have to disagree, i''m all for getting players on the pitch and supporting them and would never boo my own players during a match, but on a webboard is a different matter I reserve the right to be disappointed with a player and the way he performs and if he turns it round and impresses me then good for him and I was wrong, and I don''t mind saying it. Which was precisely what citizen was doing, I think there''s far worse things to be getting upset by on this board than people admitting they were wrong on a player.